The scroll wheel is upside down

When I scroll up in a window with a scroll-bar, it moves down, and when I scroll down, it moves up.  I assume this is the fashionable ~natural~ scroll direction, imitating mobile phones, but it annoys me.  This problem does not exist for me outside KSP.  How do I change it?

4 hours ago, MalneyKerman said:

When I scroll up in a window with a scroll-bar, it moves down, and when I scroll down, it moves up.  I assume this is the fashionable ~natural~ scroll direction, imitating mobile phones, but it annoys me.  This problem does not exist for me outside KSP.  How do I change it?

It's a known bug on Linux, will be fixed in next patch

Yes, I'm on Linux.

7 hours ago, Mahnarch said:

I'm not sure when, exactly, you're talking about. Is it when right click to open a menu to do Science™?

You might be able to turn it around in 'Settings' where you can change your key bindings.

It's whenever there's a window with a scroll-bar, including in Settings.  Also, I have to scroll down to zoom in in the flight scene, and scroll up to go down the length of the rocket in the VAB.

The bug was reported for linux (link).  Squad sometimes fix bugs without even noticing them on the bug-tracker, but they have not yet acknowledged this one.

The bug-report says this old fix still solves the problem:

On 10/17/2019 at 4:16 AM, JimmyR said:

I fixed it on mine by changing "scale = 1" to "scale = -1" in the settings.cfg under "AXIS_MOUSEWHEEL"

I'm collecting such fixes here for folks who do not have a login to the bug tracker.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.