A Hodgepodge of Whatever I Think of: The Madness of Manatee Aerospace.

Blufor878

Hey guys, little update. I've noticed some of my pictures seem to be glitching out when I post them. I'm guessing deviantart isn't so reliable (shocker). I was testing it out as a replacement for FLICKR, witch I've been using, but has a surprisingly small 1000 image limit before you need to go premium. Sadly, I guess this means I'm being pressured into using IMGUR. I've avoided it because it reminds of twitter in that it feeds you information that you clearly didn't ask for, politics included (and the main problem for me).

On that note, if anyone sees a post from me with pictures missing, please let me know. I'm gonna slowly comb through posts I think may be broken, but I can't promise anything.

On that note, happier things. A new space station. I present Oracle I.
52847409512_baeef38b71_o.png
52847409842_0a98a13c69_o.png
52847410292_d8ea6e3dab_o.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 11:44 PM, Blufor878 said:

I have officially joined the LRB Club.
52761437605_ff2b051083_o.png
Oh, and I created NLS Centaur, have fun looking at it.
52761475085_f9d83d657c_o.png

I've noticed you use delta blue a lot. Is there a reason or is it just because it is pretty?

On 4/24/2023 at 2:29 PM, Blufor878 said:

Pictures glitched

12 hours ago, Rutabaga22 said:

I've noticed you use delta blue a lot. Is there a reason or is it just because it is pretty?

Pictures glitched

First, thanks for tipping me on my pictures.

Second, now that you mention it I do use delta blue a fair amount. I can't tell you exactly why though. Maybe it's my inner 90's kid (I feel like that's peak delta blue era).

4 hours ago, Rutabaga22 said:

Very dumb question, but why have the OMS if (I may be wrong) the S-IVB boosts it to orbit?

The concept model this was based on had them. But you’re absolutely right, it really doesn’t need them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks, just wanted to make a quick shoutout to @Falcon Aerospace's thread here:
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/217454-falcons-hllvs-sdlvs-and-alternate-history-crafts/

It's a new thread but it looks great so far!
Edit: Turns out the first craft has a KerbalX as well!
https://kerbalx.com/Falcon_Aerospace/SLS-Lite-Block-1-131

Edited by Blufor878

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 11:46 PM, kspbutitscursed said:

oh dear

There were warnings throughout the thread. Any mentals scars are on you from here on:sticktongue:.
Also I hope you like direct ascent landers. This one's a WIP based loosely on a proposal from 12/1961.
nJIii5k.png
6YgkKjO.png
678xF5y.png

I'm working on another N1 cargo derivative. Still WIP, but this rocket has an SLS-style upper stage hidden in the fairing. This is the Grizzly IIA, named in honor of @Raptor9's Grizzly IC, a stock N1-style rocket. I made it as a homage to Raptor9's work. I wanted to see if I could recreate his stuff using notable parts mods. This is largely because I could never come close to his incredible skill with stock parts. I also know his KerbalX page was recently gutted. I'm not going to make assumptions about why. I do know that his work will be sorely missed, and that regardless of the reasons, I'm sure they're understandable. Raptor9, I hope you are doing ok. I and many others appreciate your hard work. This one's for you, man.
Mq7Nzl9.png
UsyRs0Z.png
https://imgur.com/Mq7Nzl

I have some fairly what I believe anyway to be quite good shuttle craft files covering a range of configurations flown in each livery and pad config. If you want I can submit them to add to your craft file page, here are a few screenshots.

729SD4H.pngMOHsWd4.pngEgz83gg.pngWVovODY.png

1 hour ago, Jim123 said:

I have some fairly what I believe anyway to be quite good shuttle craft files covering a range of configurations flown in each livery and pad config. If you want I can submit them to add to your craft file page, here are a few screenshots.

You don't have to do that, but I absolutely appreciate the offer! I don't have the latest dev build of SOCK anyway so I don't know if these will work for me.

Is there any reason you don't want to post on KerbalX on your own? It's actually fairly straightfoward once you get the hang of it.

8 hours ago, Jim123 said:

Could I have the files? I really wanna fly shuttles, but the pad is hard for me.

Edited by Rutabaga22
Because I said so

8 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

You don't have to do that, but I absolutely appreciate the offer! I don't have the latest dev build of SOCK anyway so I don't know if these will work for me.

Is there any reason you don't want to post on KerbalX on your own? It's actually fairly straightfoward once you get the hang of it.

I'll go ahead and do it, as for kerbalX the thought never occurred to me

You will need the following mods in order for it to load properly

Photon Corp

SOCK 

ORANGES 

Modular Launch Pads 

Hullcam 

Conformal Decals 

SOCK Repainted 

SOCK Recolored 

SOCK reCOLOR 

HabTech2 

I think that is everything, if it complains about missing parts or whatnot let me know and I figure it out. 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/21qxr90epg5euiddrew9d/h?dl=0&rlkey=6rgitss0dgtxcqq3wfmqj3xjc Dropbox link for the download

You will also need a decal which I found off the web and made a flag for KSP for the USA flag, which I have put in the Dropbox file also. In case you don't know by chance in order to add the flags go to your main Ksp folder then Gamedata, then Squad, and finally flags, and paste the two flag picture files in there.

I must also admit this Shuttle file I have has been improved upon for over a year now the original file I used for about a year but there was a bug so I thought at the time it was a problem with the Shuttle file itself and rebuilt it from the ground it which is what I use now and what the file is, however, the problem was with action groups extended messing with Modular Launch Pads, anyway the craft I have it a total of 200 times from all my different saves over the past few years and there is a bunch of action groups setup for how I personally want things to so feel free to change that if you want. The shuttle I have is met for JNSQ, a few quick rules while flying it, during SRB separation press the 4 or 5 button which actives the control surfaces be at full throttle, after which press the 4 or 5 button whichever one it is to turn off the control surfaces until reentry and mess with the throttle how you want. On re-entry, I used mecjeb smart SAS and have it pitched for most of the reentry between 15-25 degrees and use trajectories and watch a lot from the map view until I get close to the KSC. Never used KILL all rotation with Mecjeb while gliding it just does not like it for some reason just use the stock SAS. The speed brake does not like turning so only turn it on after coming out of reentry to slow down if you are a bit high or just about before or after you land. The brakes on the Shuttle are by default set to 50% I have used 100% before however it is really overkill so maybe try 70-85% I have not really fully figured that one out yet I just recently stopped using 100% brakes. There's probably a lot more I am missing but nothing that cannot be figured out by just flying the thing.

One more thing to add I can custom edited the Photon Corp SRB nose cones to have more solid fuel and thrust specifically for my shuttle, to edit it go to your Ksp folder, game data, Photon corp, PC_nose.CFG change the solid fuel to 30, and max thrust to 205. IMPORTANT if you have Benjee Orion installed it has configs for Photon Corp as well which will override the Photon corp configs, in order to fix it go again to your KSP folder, gamedata, Benjee10_Orion, Booster, Parts, PC_Nose.CFG again the same thing set solid fuel to 30 and max thrust to 205, you are not done yet go back to the main Benjee10_Orion folder go to Patches, open the Artemis Construction Kit cfg file The second line part module thing (not sure what its proper name is) change the amount and max amount to 30 and max thrust to 205. Hope this all works let me know if you still need help

Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Rutabaga22 said:

Could I have the files? I really wanna fly shuttles, but the pad is hard for me.

Just now, Jim123 said:

Photon Corp

SOCK 

ORANGES 

Modular Launch Pads 

Hullcam 

Conformal Decals 

SOCK Repainted 

SOCK Recolored 

SOCK reCOLOR 

HabTech2 

I think that is everything, if it complains about missing parts or whatnot let me know and I figure it out. 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/21qxr90epg5euiddrew9d/h?dl=0&rlkey=6rgitss0dgtxcqq3wfmqj3xjc Dropbox link for the download

You will also need a decal which I found off the web and made a flag for KSP for the USA flag, which I have put in the Dropbox file also. In case you don't know by chance in order to add the flags go to your main Ksp folder then Gamedata, then Squad, and finally flags, and paste the two flag picture files in there.

I must also admit this Shuttle file I have has been improved upon for over a year now the original file I used for about a year but there was a bug so I thought at the time it was a problem with the Shuttle file itself and rebuilt it from the ground it which is what I use now and what the file is, however, the problem was with action groups extended messing with Modular Launch Pads, anyway the craft I have it a total of 200 times from all my different saves over the past few years and there is a bunch of action groups setup for how I personally want things to so feel free to change that if you want. The shuttle I have is met for JNSQ, a few quick rules while flying it, during SRB separation press the 4 or 5 button which actives the control surfaces be at full throttle, after which press the 4 or 5 button whichever one it is to turn off the control surfaces until reentry and mess with the throttle how you want. On re-entry, I used mecjeb smart SAS and have it pitched for most of the reentry between 15-25 degrees and use trajectories and watch a lot from the map view until I get close to the KSC. Never used KILL all rotation with Mecjeb while gliding it just does not like it for some reason just use the stock SAS. The speed brake does not like turning so only turn it on after coming out of reentry to slow down if you are a bit high or just about before or after you land. The brakes on the Shuttle are by default set to 50% I have used 100% before however it is really overkill so maybe try 70-85% I have not really fully figured that one out yet I just recently stopped using 100% brakes. There's probably a lot more I am missing but nothing that cannot be figured out by just flying the thing.

One more thing to add I can custom edited the Photon Corp SRB nose cones to have more solid fuel and thrust specifically for my shuttle, to edit it go to your Ksp folder, game data, Photon corp, PC_nose.CFG change the solid fuel to 30, and max thrust to 205. IMPORTANT if you have Benjee Orion installed it has configs for Photon Corp as well which will override the Photon corp configs, in order to fix it go again to your KSP folder, gamedata, Benjee10_Orion, Booster, Parts, PC_Nose.CFG again the same thing set solid fuel to 30 and max thrust to 205, you are not done yet go back to the main Benjee10_Orion folder go to Patches, open the Artemis Construction Kit cfg file The second line part module thing (not sure what its proper name is) change the amount and max amount to 30 and max thrust to 205. Hope this all works let me know if you still need help

Enjoy!

Hope this helps!

10 hours ago, Jim123 said:

Photon Corp

SOCK 

ORANGES 

Modular Launch Pads 

Hullcam 

Conformal Decals 

SOCK Repainted 

SOCK Recolored 

SOCK reCOLOR 

HabTech2 

Enjoy!

Hope this helps!

Wow, thank you! Also you might want to adjust your post, it's doing this jumping up and down thing because it's trying to give scrollbars to the mod links. Don't worry, I have most of these mods except Hullcam and Mechjeb.

Honestly, this outdoes a lot of the stuff I do. I tend to stick to the stock Kerbol system, and I've been winging it without using Mechjeb. What you have here is impressive to say the least. I don't know what classes you're taking/used to take in school, but you deserve extra credit for something in here.

4 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

Wow, thank you! Also you might want to adjust your post, it's doing this jumping up and down thing because it's trying to give scrollbars to the mod links. Don't worry, I have most of these mods except Hullcam and Mechjeb.

Honestly, this outdoes a lot of the stuff I do. I tend to stick to the stock Kerbol system, and I've been winging it without using Mechjeb. What you have here is impressive to say the least. I don't know what classes you're taking/used to take in school, but you deserve extra credit for something in here.

Ya not sure how to fix the scrolling bug thought it was just a problem on my end. Thanks for your kind words it means a lot, I have not been taking any classes or anything I with the help of Scott Manly, and Bob Fitch back in the day have been playing KSP since 2013.

One more thing to add I forget to mention is if you ever need or want any more craft files I can add them here and feel free to improve upon them and add them to the download as long as you give me credit along with yourself. 

Picture of a folder I have to keep my best crafts somewhere safe on my PC

nKBx6jU.png

• 3 weeks later...

What if the Saturn V, but all of the stages?
dtqqDBG.png
qsnBsnd.png
IWej0tu.png
bhkfdhd.png
FUKBrtZ.png
09q7yla.png
q6V0BuP.png
vjRXpO1.png
2jtr9dl.png
R53KeJV.png
I'm calling it Uranus V, because we all know Uranus is the most memeable planet for...reasons.

Sorry I've been out for a hot minute. Work's kept me busy for the past couple weeks. Also other games and America Day celebrations.
I have other stuff in the works too. I went to a neat glass art museum in Tampa, and they had a cool space exhibit, stay tuned.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So when an SDLV and Falcon 9 love each other very much and adopt Delta II boosters...
f44IxM7.png
juseHp1.png
gNCPuxG.png
Say hello to Myrrdin. A surprisingly effective medium-heavy lifter. Still need to work on RCS though. Centaur may be necessary.

If y'all can guess the mods/parts I used, you get a gold star, or a cookie or something whatever you internet folk do these days. Also apologies for the hot minute absence. I've been busy with other things, including a much need PC upgrade (I blame Starfield and Phantom Liberty).

Edited by Blufor878

• 3 weeks later...