Change release date to march 1

Vegatoxi

4 minutes ago, Vegatoxi said:

I hope you know why feb. 24 is not a good date for celebrating anything...

I better wait a week more.

Guessing your thoughts have to do with current world events, I understand the reasoning but KSP is not a politically oriented game and the timing is probably a coincidence and the date isn't that big a deal in terms of releasing a game about space frogs, if anything KSP 2 would be a sort of hopeful message to the world in trying times.

Also I don't think we can discuss politics here so yeah :/

Edited by Minmus Taster

52 minutes ago, Vegatoxi said:

I better wait a week more.

Apologies Im a USian what is feb. 24? 

Edit.... oohhh. Yeah. Ikes. Here its just "Digital learning" and "Introduce a girl to engineering day", part of "Engineering week", and "National Chili day", which are all perfectly wholesome. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

Personally I think February 23, 2023 has much better rhyming potential, but I imagine that their thought process for Feb. 24 2023 went something like this:

We will be able to release in Spring 2023

The game will be EA-ready in late February or early March, and we want to get players feedback and buy-in as soon as possible 

We want to release on a Friday (Private Division probably has plenty of sales data on which day of the week is best for sales)

Thus: Feb. 24

I'm pretty plugged into the war in Ukraine (not mentioning any political opinions, just acknowledging the fact that there is a war going on), and even then I didn't immediately connect the two dates. I think most people won't judge Intercept and PD for releasing on Feb. 24 since doing so would set the bad precedent that we can never do anything positive on that day.

1 hour ago, Vegatoxi said:

And why did you decide that there will be a celebration? We will be offered to buy a very unfinished game, which will probably have a lot of bugs. Maybe it will be a day of fan rage