[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

9 hours ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

I don't know why, but whenever I try to launch the Saturn v it always falls apart I am using 1.1.3.

if you are not using the pre-prelease this will happen, as stated several times above. Several of the saturn V parts had concave colliders that were broken in the unity 5 update.

People- "Hay frizzank, how come your not updating FASA yourself?"

Me- "I've been busy."

People- "But FASA is awesome and I want some of those new sweet shaders and stuff, also legs are broken."

Me- "Well Shiperoids has been taking up a lot of my time. It just got released on Steam early access."

People- "Can we get a link?"

Me- "Sure"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/510070

If anyone should get a chance to derail this thread after 3 years of work, it's me.......

2 hours ago, frizzank said:

People- "Hay frizzank, how come your not updating FASA yourself?"

Me- "I've been busy."

People- "But FASA is awesome and I want some of those new sweet shaders and stuff, also legs are broken."

Me- "Well Shiperoids has been taking up a lot of my time. It just got released on Steam early access."

People- "Can we get a link?"

Me- "Sure"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/510070

If anyone should get a chance to derail this thread after 3 years of work, it's me.......

That actually looks freaking cool. :)

If you must have your real life KSP rocket parts fix, you can always check out this mod. Stockalike realistic early rockets similar to what FASA has, but updated and active for KSP version 1.1.3

Sorry, I'm late to the party (as usual). I see it's already being discussed further up. Carry on.

2 minutes ago, Nucluer said:

I'm not asking for an update. But do you think FASA will be updated by Christmas?

I'm not going to suggest timelines for others, but I will say that the chance of NathanKell looking in to fixing the FASA landing legs before KSP 1.2 comes out, with included fixes for legs and wheels, is slim.  And not a lot of point fixing the legs up to work in 1.1.3 when leg/wheel modules are changing (I don't know how much, but reportedly fixed).  AFAIK, the only main hold-up left is the landing legs from the LEM )and the other mercury legs no-one uses).

After 1.2 comes out, someone from the community could maybe fix the legs rather than pile everything onto poor old Nathan, who's really just taking over to organize a collaboration.  Well, that's what I thought.

I think before Christmas is probably doable and not unreasonable.  Promises would be unreasonable.  :-)

1 hour ago, Nucluer said:

I'm not asking for an update. But do you think FASA will be updated by Christmas?

there is no way in heck the legs/wheels will even be CONSIDERED to be updated until ksp 1.2 comes out because of the wheel changes. So whenever 1.2 comes out then the wheel issue will be worked on. On a side note, I am the one actually working on these parts. Nathan is simply the head of the mod but is not doing any actual development on it, so for anything to get fixed I need to be the one to do it. Every time someone whines about getting an update, like the last 10 pages of this thread or so, I add another month to how long I won't be working on it.

28 minutes ago, delta wee said:

Where can the craft files be found for the FASA rockets?

First off @delta wee  Welcome to Kerbal Space Program.   I see you are relatively new to the Forums.   

If you are using the 6.0 Pre-release They are not available.   Why?  See the post directly above yours.   If you are using the last 5.94 release from Frizzank, They are there but not usable in the latest builds of KSP.   If you are still playing 0.90 to play with FASA, more power to you, but you should know how to find the craft files if you can still play 0.90

As of RIGHT NOW, until SQUAD fixes the wheels/gears this is a PARTS pack not a SHIP pack  Several parts will not work until SQUAD can fix these issues.  These are KNOWN issues and much of the non mod forums are filled with comments about this.  As many of these parts are REQUIRED to build many of the FASA rockets, no craft files are provided

Please read the last 4 or 5 pages before posting questions in a forum.   As @raidernick has implied the post right before yours, it gets annoying when everyone keeps asking for completion dates or repeated questions that (the mod developers) are not paid for.    Hey, other than some personal use work I have done for myself, I am NOT a mod developer for this or any other mod and it is ANNOYING to me....   PLEASE Consider others before you post

18 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

First off @delta wee  Welcome to Kerbal Space Program.   I see you are relatively new to the Forums.   

If you are using the 6.0 Pre-release They are not available.   Why?  See the post directly above yours.   If you are using the last 5.94 release from Frizzank, They are there but not usable in the latest builds of KSP.   If you are still playing 0.90 to play with FASA, more power to you, but you should know how to find the craft files if you can still play 0.90

As of RIGHT NOW, until SQUAD fixes the wheels/gears this is a PARTS pack not a SHIP pack  Several parts will not work until SQUAD can fix these issues.  These are KNOWN issues and much of the non mod forums are filled with comments about this.  As many of these parts are REQUIRED to build many of the FASA rockets, no craft files are provided

Please read the last 4 or 5 pages before posting questions in a forum.   As @raidernick has implied the post right before yours, it gets annoying when everyone keeps asking for completion dates or repeated questions that (the mod developers) are not paid for.    Hey, other than some personal use work I have done for myself, I am NOT a mod developer for this or any other mod and it is ANNOYING to me....   PLEASE Consider others before you post

I did get working FASA rockets in RSS, such as the Mercury Atlas in KSP 1.1.3, but I recently uninstalled FASA to fix some other things, and now I reinstalled FASA but can't figure out where I got the craft files originally.

10 hours ago, delta wee said:

OK I found some craft files that work here:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/tree/master/Ships/VAB

I needed to reinstall Realism Overhaul for the rockets to work though.

Just beware that FASA's landing legs are pre1.1 (major wheel/leg changes) and if used, will cause craft to explode.  So lunar modules (etc) would need legs replaced from stock or other sources.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 10:06 PM, raidernick said:

there is no way in heck the legs/wheels will even be CONSIDERED to be updated until ksp 1.2 comes out because of the wheel changes. So whenever 1.2 comes out then the wheel issue will be worked on. On a side note, I am the one actually working on these parts. Nathan is simply the head of the mod but is not doing any actual development on it, so for anything to get fixed I need to be the one to do it. Every time someone whines about getting an update, like the last 10 pages of this thread or so, I add another month to how long I won't be working on it.

RN I need FASA updated.

2 hours ago, raidernick said:

that's 1 month for every letter in that sentence, including spaces!

Dammit! That's like nearly 2 years from now...Good thing I can just use everything now and replace the legs :)

On 8/16/2016 at 8:32 PM, raidernick said:

that's 1 month for every letter in that sentence, including spaces!

Lol, I feel like I'm back in 2nd grade, shushing everyone in line, as we don't get to go to lunch/art/gym/wherever until the line is quiet...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.