[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Hey guys,

I just have a quick question: Which stock craft included has the Gemini lander? I've been looking through all them and can't seem to find it. Any help?

-Jack

I don't think I did a craft file for that one. Its only 3 parts though, Lander Pod, Legs with fuel tanks (in Utilities), and Lander Engine.

Have you asked on the RO thread ?

no, everything in RO works fine... I just want to fly the Saturn V and I can't get FASA's craft file to work. I'm not a programmer. So, I can't quite parse the craft files to build myself. If there's someone who can read that stuff and can just provide me the complete list of parts in the order they go on the craft, I can figure out the details....

If you have FASA and you are using RO, then your questions need to be asked in the RO thread. Standard FASA craft files are not going to work when using RO. Frizzank has no say in what goes on with RO, and if you are using it, then Frizzank can't help as he doesn't use it. Nor should he be required to assist. Take your questions elsewhere.

If you have FASA and you are using RO, then your questions need to be asked in the RO thread. Standard FASA craft files are not going to work when using RO. Frizzank has no say in what goes on with RO, and if you are using it, then Frizzank can't help as he doesn't use it. Nor should he be required to assist. Take your questions elsewhere.

Relax. That's the second time in two pages you have told someone to take there questions elsewhere. Now you might be right. But this is a community and of it is remotely related to FASA someone who follows this thread might have the answer. Even frizznak posted on the last page for someone to post the RO craft files. Yes some questions should be elsewhere, even I am guilty of asking questions in the wrong place but "take your questions elsewhere" is not the right response. It's "I don't know if this is the right place to ask that maybe check the RO thread" or any other thread that might be useful to the persons problem. Just be nice man, we are all doing the same thing, which is trying to have a good time and play ksp. If you can't answer someone's question either ignore it or direct them to a place where they might find an answer. Sorry frizznak not hijacking the thread just needed to say that, and out of respect for frizznak I won't respond to anymore to this issue.

sp1989, that's all well and good, but frizzank has specifically and repeatedly asked people not to post about RO matters in this thread, and because we really appreciate frizzank's work (and are grateful for him letting us 'mod the mod' as it were, for RO) we try to ensure that his desires are fulfilled. For the record, RO will soon be including craft files, since it's an oft-repeated request.

If you have ever had a cast from a broken bone or been on crutches for an expanded amount of time then that's what it's like.

The first time someone asks you what happen you are more than happy to explain your awkward story of how you fell off of a ladder or tripped while playing ball.

Then on the 346th time a month later you start with a long "Sigh" and then repeat the story. If its the 5th person that day you may even be a bit hostile. It's not their fault, they're the first person to ask you as far as they are concerned, but it doesn't make it any less annoying to you.

The alternative is to make up crazy whacked out stories and see how far you can push it before people stop believing you. At the very least it is entertaining for you and it gets someone out of your hair so you can hobble your way home for which you are already late.

So to fix your RO problems and FASA read all the instructions first. First your going to want to unplug your computer and take the case off. Then take a raw egg, preferably several months past the expiration date, and crack it open over your hard drive where KSP is installed. Make sure it doesn't get any of your electrical components wet or they will short out. keep it on the HDD. Now take a hot air dryer and slowly cook the egg, it will stink to high heaven so be prepared, but make sure it solidifies. Now get some raw fish, I prefer salmon, and chop it up into 10 to 12 1/2 in chunks and sprinkle them on the bottom of your cpu case. Now again with the hair dryer slowly cook them for about 4 min. Then let your case sit for 3 days.

Step 2 now that you have your HDD set up put everything back together, put the case in the back of your car, an 85 Buick Skylark works the best for this bit, but any sedan will do. Now your going to want to "Settle" all the components by driving at 30mph for about 2 and a half hours. Any faster and you may damage the components, and also make sure it doesnt fall over. While driving turn the heat on high and keep the windows up you want the chemicals to completely envelope your cpu.

Step 3 keep your case under a damp towel in a cool dry place for 7 days, don't be alarmed about the smell its natural for rotting eggs and meat. Now that you have ruined your computer throw it out and go buy another one. A fresh install of KSP and FASA should fix your problems now.

I feel this has been said by so many before but I feel it can't be said enough......do you have RO craft files for fasa? I'm joking I'm joking. I'm actually talking about how awesome the Gemini IVA is. On of my favorite things to do is launching and agena just dock from IVA in the Gemini. So..my question is could you/are you planning on doing that type of IVA in the apollo cm? I know it's currently a wip but a docking crosshairs would be amazing even if you did nothing else with the Iva.

I feel this has been said by so many before but I feel it can't be said enough......do you have RO craft files for fasa? I'm joking I'm joking. I'm actually talking about how awesome the Gemini IVA is. On of my favorite things to do is launching and agena just dock from IVA in the Gemini. So..my question is could you/are you planning on doing that type of IVA in the apollo cm? I know it's currently a wip but a docking crosshairs would be amazing even if you did nothing else with the Iva.

I won't second the motion on the Apollo CM. Too many issues with the stupid AJ-10-RD-137 not working right on it's associated SM. I wanted instead to second the motion on the fact that the Gemini Capsule in both original IVA and MOARdV's "Digital" IVA is THE 2.5m base capsule for me. Even if I do not run the FASA mod as a whole, I run the Gemini Capsule! It is in every build of KSP I run currently save one (and that is only because I am only doing planes/SSTOs.)

On the Subject of RO, I don't know of something like this has already been implemented like this but maybe it is time to think along these lines. Why not just ask the RO community to post a Link TO THE RO community with a "Problems with XXX mod configs" link next to each CFG download?

So to my original point. Frizzank, thanks again for THE BEST COMPLETE Capsule in KSP! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Is there possible a real fuel compatibility?

The stockalike engine pack (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81239) works with FASA. If any of the newer engines don't work with Real fuels, make a post in that thread, and somebody will probably add them. Or you could submit them yourself (Raptor831's webapp is pretty easy to use, especially if you look at a few examples).

Realism Overhaul will rescale the parts to their real life sizes and specs.

Hey Just Asking Could You Guys Make an Expansion Pack for FASA Involving Apollo Application Project

It will be great to do a future that didn't but could of happend

You can already do stuff like that with proc parts and the current FASA infrastructure.

Is there possible a real fuel compatibility?

I tried Real Fuels (with Stockalike Real Fuels Engine Configs of course) with FASA today actually. I only checked the Saturn IB and V rockets, but nearly everything seems to work. The LEM Ascent Engine does not have a config yet and therefore must use the standard LiquidFuel/Oxidizer. Shouldn't be hard to edit the file and copy the config for the Descent Engine.

I did notice everything seems a lot lighter and therefore delta V's are a lot higher and thrust-to-weight is ridiculously high. Apollo CSM is 4 tons lighter and gets double delta V (over 1600m/s). Saturn IB losses 50 tons. SatV is 190tons lighter and almost gets to orbit on first stage alone (and 3 F-1 engines is more than enough for it)! Weird.

So to fix your RO problems and FASA read all the instructions first.

First your going to want to unplug your computer and take the case off. Then take a raw egg, preferably several months past the expiration date, and crack it open over your hard drive where KSP is installed. Make sure it doesn't get any of your electrical components wet or they will short out. keep it on the HDD. Now take a hot air dryer and slowly cook the egg, it will stink to high heaven so be prepared, but make sure it solidifies. Now get some raw fish, I prefer salmon, and chop it up into 10 to 12 1/2 in chunks and sprinkle them on the bottom of your cpu case. Now again with the hair dryer slowly cook them for about 4 min. Then let your case sit for 3 days.

Step 2 now that you have your HDD set up put everything back together, put the case in the back of your car, an 85 Buick Skylark works the best for this bit, but any sedan will do. Now your going to want to "Settle" all the components by driving at 30mph for about 2 and a half hours. Any faster and you may damage the components, and also make sure it doesnt fall over. While driving turn the heat on high and keep the windows up you want the chemicals to completely envelope your cpu.

Step 3 keep your case under a damp towel in a cool dry place for 7 days, don't be alarmed about the smell its natural for rotting eggs and meat. Now that you have ruined your computer throw it out and go buy another one. A fresh install of KSP and FASA should fix your problems now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.