[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Also Apollo now has a more historical correct unburned heat shield.

http://i.imgur.com/H49tLHl.jpg

Amazing!! When it comes out it seems that roverdude is working with squad to make the heat shields look burnt after reentry. When the time comes, if it's something you could add to your heatshields would you? That is a fantastic piece of realism that is really cool and is a lot of fun. If you can't either way that new heat shield really does look fantastic.

Frizzank, I please ask that you do not completely remove the fairing walls, etc. Provide them in a separate file, or relinquish your rights to them on them so that they may be included with RealismOverhaul. Those guys spent a lot of time building fairings to correct height and so on. It'd be a shame for that effort to be wasted in an otherwise unproven stock implementation.

Of course you can only decide such things and I bow to your wisdom.

You can always just keep the cfg's from the previous version, but the new system works much, much better.

Amazing!! When it comes out it seems that roverdude is working with squad to make the heat shields look burnt after reentry. When the time comes, if it's something you could add to your heatshields would you? That is a fantastic piece of realism that is really cool and is a lot of fun. If you can't either way that new heat shield really does look fantastic.

+1 this statement!

frizzank I think the point was that if you remove the models entirely, the cfgs won't work, hence the request that if you do decide to remove the models from FASA you allow others, under appropriate license, to distribute those models as needed.

Do like the new heatshield a lot, and I think it should be relatively easy to use the burnt effect.

frizzank I think the point was that if you remove the models entirely, the cfgs won't work, hence the request that if you do decide to remove the models from FASA you allow others, under appropriate license, to distribute those models as needed.

Do like the new heatshield a lot, and I think it should be relatively easy to use the burnt effect.

Just the cfg were removed, they all share textures and 4k for the model files is nothing so I left them in for those that still want to use them.

Also did another thing, Apollo SubSat and antenna, cause I can.

It incorporates some of the new features for resources along with the updated camera features. New mini decoupler for it as well ....

kCjBuJi.jpg

cVq6TaA.jpg

Anything broken in 1.0?

Other than the node issue that Frizzank helpfully provided a work around for in the forum Q&A area (enable the ignore Node directionality cheat under Alt F12) I doubt anything is broken. I haven't unlocked much of anything in my career yet due to a poor decision running me out of easy to get science.

FASA 5.3 Get it while its hot!!!

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/27/FASA/download/5.30

* 1.0 Incorporation

* converted all textures to DDS

* Tweaked all engine values to account for new aero system and ISP curves.

* In-line SRB separator is now placed form the end instead of the middle. Much easier to place now.

* Adjusted some prices and tweaked tech tree placement with new changes.

* Added Delta II E rocket parts, Fuel Cone, MB3 2.5m engine, and Radial Castor SRB's

* Added Pioneer satellite and antenna - Has Scanner

* Added Apollo Sub-Sat Mini Decoupler and Antenna - Has Ore Scanner

* Added Procedurally generate fairings to the plates, moved them to aero category.

* removed areo walls and fairings except for the 1.25m ones that are used for Agena, full nosecones are still there.

* Added fairings to J2 and RL-10

* Added service bay to Apollo CSM

* Added a 1.25m equipment module

* Went through every .cfg and changed the bottom node from Y +1 to -1 so you could attach things again with 1.0 changes....

* Removed the extra Mercury cap, resources are still there if you need it but will be deleted completely on next build.

* Redstone engine now has much lower ISP and higher gimble angle also weighs slightly more.

* Added Science experiments to Gemini engine/fuel pack, now its like the utility pack except no material bay.

* Mercury pod has less electricity-40 and more mono fuel 20.

* Removed Mono Powered fuel cell from Apollo CSM. There is an actual Fuel Cell stock part.

* Moved the 1m Half wall and its plate earlier in the tech tree to stability node just so you could have aero and heat protection sooner.

* Tweaked some of the stock materials for reflection parts to look better without the reflection shader if its needed.

* Made the medium solar panels rotate and track the sun.

* Removed connected living space attributes and other mod lookups not used.

...they would be extra-resistant on re-entry.

Russian engineering is good. We add bear to every part. Bear absorbs heat. When too much heat, bear releases heat with powerful Russian roar. All glory to the state!

Thanks for having things ready to roll with 1.0, frizzank! Valentina's first flight is an orbital Mercury mission. Launch was nominal, and she's go for at least 12 orbits. :cool:

Just went through the Atlas configs the parts still has their pre-1.0 maxTemp values (3600). Which means they would be extra-resistant on re-entry.

(Not sure about other rockets, as I use only the Atlas)

Not every part was optimized for the new mechanics in 1.0, there are certainly bugs like this. I just wanted to get a playable version out as the previous version doesn't work at all with 1.0

I posted this in the Tantares thread as well, for anyone who is eager for the trench exhaust effects whilst frizzank continues to work his magic on FASA. It's a ModuleManager script that adds the effect for liquid and solid motors.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleSurfaceFX]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSurfaceFX
thrustProviderModuleIndex = 0
fxMax = 0.8
maxDistance = 80
falloff = 2
thrustTransformName = thrustTransform
}
}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.