[AnyOS] KSP Mod Admin v2 - Mod install with a few clicks

MacTee

Hi CM2701,

do you have downloaded KMA² from here (first post) or from CurseFroge? The CurseForge download is a code only version.

Download a full version of KMA² from the first post. Extract the archive anywhere you like. The app file (KSPModAdmin.exe) to run KMA² is in the folder "KSPModAdmin-v2.3.0.3_Mono.zip\v2.3.0.3\KSP Mod Admin\".

To run KMA² (or any other .Net app) on a mac you have to install the mono framework (http://www.mono-project.com/docs/getting-started/install/mac/).

After installing mono, you can start KMA² by right click the KSPModAdmin.exe and chose "Run with mono" (or somthing like that) or start it by using a console/terminal.

Hi CM2701,

do you have downloaded KMA² from here (first post) or from CurseFroge? The CurseForge download is a code only version.

Download a full version of KMA² from the first post. Extract the archive anywhere you like. The app file (KSPModAdmin.exe) to run KMA² is in the folder "KSPModAdmin-v2.3.0.3_Mono.zip\v2.3.0.3\KSP Mod Admin\".

To run KMA² (or any other .Net app) on a mac you have to install the mono framework (http://www.mono-project.com/docs/getting-started/install/mac/).

After installing mono, you can start KMA² by right click the KSPModAdmin.exe and chose "Run with mono" (or somthing like that) or start it by using a console/terminal.

Thanks! :D

Hey, currently on Windows and had to update a bunch of mods. Some mods are greeted with "Failed to install" error and ask you to do it manually. The following issues occur in that case:

1. Old mod archive is not removed from downloaded mod folder
  2. The old mod is not removed or changed in the mod list
  3. The old mod and new mod have a conflict
  4. The new mod does not get it's own entry in the mod list

So while Mod Admin finds the conflict between the old and new version of the mod, the new mod is not on the list. If it were added to the list it would be easy to resolve the conflict by removing the old version, however as it is you have to remove the mod, remove it from the list and add it again.

Some mods seem to not update properly on a consistent basis, others seem to work fine. I did not note down all the mods, but one that I do remember having this issue is https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/352/SpaceY%20Heavy%20Lifters%20Parts%20Pack if it helps. Did not have the opportunity to check if the same issue appears on Linux yet, since I may have broken my Linux install and haven't gone around to fixing it.

Hi HellDuke,

thanks for the report, I'll look into it ...

EDIT:

Quick update:

It will take a while longer to fix this issue, cause i have to change a bigger code part to redo some of the update handling.

Edited by MacTee

Hi HellDuke,

a fix for your issue is on GitHub.

At the end it was a very quick fix. Now I'll just add the new mod to the ModSelection if the update failed. This way the user has the opportunity to fix the issue manually.

I thought that i have to rewrite some of the update mod logic, but it turned out it's not necessary. =)

A new version will coming this weekend ... EDIT: or not =/

Edited by MacTee

• 3 weeks later...

Hi thedogs,

right click the KSPModAdmin.exe and select "Start with mono"

or

start a Teminal/Consol and type 'mono <path_to_KSPModAdmin>/KSPModAdmin.exe'

@all:

sry for my long silence and the missing update that i have promised a while ago.

I'm just to bussy right now, but the good news is my holydays start soon ... =)

• 3 weeks later...
How can I transfer the list of mods on my mod manager another computer? what files contain all of the mods info?

After you run KSP MA, having identified a KSP folder, you should find a "KSPModAdmin_aOS.cfg" file in that root folder where all info about your installed add-ons is stored.

I know from messing with install directories, that KSP MA is very tolerant about add-ons listed in that file and not found in the actual gamedata subfolder, but sure would be better to replicate exactly what you also had in gamedata when transferring to another computer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I stumbled across this program while searching for something that will let me remove individual parts from a mod (or an entire mod), but warn me if they are currently in use by my saves or any of my crafts (or if there is anything else that depends on those parts in my game directory, and so shouldn't remove). Will MA help me do this?

I was able to get my game directory scanned for the mods I've installed with CKAN, and it looks like I can un-check the individual parts there, but I can't get my personal crafts to show up in the crafts tab. All of the default crafts are there fron KSP\Ships, just none that I've created (From my saves directory).

This looks like it could be very useful, Thanks for developing it!

• 4 weeks later...

^^

I am having the same issue with crafts from the /saves folder not loading...

Also, on a separate note, when adding multiple mods, the Solve conflict screen opens, and I cant get passed it.

Unfortunately, it seems the conflict checker is working, and over-riding all manually unchecked items, and hence, forcing a choice between conflicts, where none should actually exist, and messing up my chosen installs...

Example, I manually uncheck all License and readme files so these do not get installed...Then the conflict checker forces me to choose one file over another, and it will force an install of that choice, even though I did not want EITHER file installed...

EDIT: OK...so manually checking thru the GameData folders, it looks like the conflict checker is NOT actually overiding my manual install choices, but it is still kind of annoying for it to pop up, and to HAVE to check at least one choice for each (non-existant) listed conflict...

EDIT 2: OK...I'm about to ask a dumb question, so pleeze bear with me...

I'm a noob to Linux (Lubuntu), and I've understood and successfully completed the Linux instructions, but not having ever used mono, I dont know how to do the last part: Start KSP ModAdmin using mono...??

Help??

Edited by Stone Blue

• 3 weeks later...
How can I transfer the list of mods on my mod manager another computer? what files contain all of the mods info?

KSPModAdmin has an export feature:

0TPhlvP.png

When exporting, you have two main options: Export with or without mod archives.

(Both will allow you to either export all mods, or just a subset.)

The export with Archives is useful for situations where not all of your mods are source controlled (they have an update URL.)

PYvl6sV.png

The exported .modpack file is actually a zip file so you can open it with your favorite archive manager if you want to peak under the hood. (I suggest 7-zip.)

Exporting as .txt is useful if you just want a list to print or post on forums, etc.

...let me remove individual parts from a mod (or an entire mod), but warn me if they are currently in use...

This is possible in theory,but it is not a current feature. Please submit it here: https://github.com/MacTee/KSP-Mod-Admin-aOS/issues

(Yes, development has stalled. I plan to help pick this back up once my school and work load lightens up a bit.)

To the best of my knowledge, the crafts tab is only for craft files added by mods (and stock), not what you have in saves.

...when adding multiple mods, the Solve conflict screen opens, and I cant get passed it.

Can you tell me what mods (with source urls) so I can try to duplicate the issue?

...I don't know how to do the last part: Start KSP ModAdmin using mono...?? Help??

I have never actually tried running under Linux with Mono.

Based on the Mono project documentation you should be able to just run

mono KSPModAdmin.exe

(assuming you run it in the folder that contains KSPModAdmin.exe)

Please let me know if that doesn't work, and I'll give it a go.

• 2 weeks later...
Just downloaded this on Windows 7.

When I try to enter a URL from Kerbalstuff:

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/352/SpaceY%20Heavy%20Lifters%20Parts%20Pack

it just goes to the file browser instead.

Shouldn't it download the mod from the website?

LGG

Actually, the link you posted above goes to the KerbalStuff page of the mod (perhaps that's what you call the file browser), not directly the download.

KSP Mod Admin (KSP MA) actually expects links to be from those mod pages, to apply version control comparing info it has with what appears on those pages. You can use that link indirectly, in KSP MA, with the "Visit version control URL" buttons; that info is actually required for the "check for update" functions in KSP MA.

To download a mod from KS, you need to use the link to the download page (e.g. for that mod is https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/352/SpaceY%20Heavy%20Lifters%20Parts%20Pack/download/1.4) accessible from the page linked. KSP MA does the same when a mod needs be updated using KS as source, it retrieves the download link from those pages. KSP MA will do so when e.g. commanded to "update mods".

KSP Mod Admin (KSP MA) actually expects links to be from those mod pages, to apply...

Actually this should (and normally DOES) work. You can even shorten the URL down to just the mod number if you want, ex: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/352

The code that handles URLs from kerbalstuff and curse strips them down to the mod ID since that is the minimum needed to identify the mod reliably.

Are you clicking the browse button? You should be clicking either the "Add" or "Add & Close" button after pasting the URL. (As shown below.)

WqdJHmE.png

It's been so long since I have seen that dialog I forgot about it. I'll are if I can make it less confusing.

On Mac you need Mono, do you already have it installed? (The Mono project is mentioned a few pages up.)

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

First of all I would like to say it is awesome that KSP now has a mod manger (been away for a year or two). However, I have a problem with downloading mods from Curse using your program. For an example I tried to download KSA using the following URLs:

[url]http://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/kerbal-attachment-system-kas[/url]
[url]http://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/kerbal-attachment-system-kas/files/latest[/url]
[url]http://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/kerbal-attachment-system-kas/files/2266204[/url]

Everytime I entered the URL and hit add mod, it would connect online for a few seconds and nothing would happen, no warning, no error and no mod.

However, I am able to download these mods manually via the browser and KMA2 is able to handle mods from KerbalStuff fine.

Cheers,
c4fusion

It seems in the past couple of months, Curse has changed their URL structure. I have been keeping a spreadsheet of over 500 mods for a couple years, and to keep some of the columns as narrow as possible, I trim the KS & Curse links nicely, down to the mod number...It was working extremely well when opening a Curse link directly from the spreadsheet... But a month or so ago, I found out that, while the old links still connect correctly, there is a new URL format, with NO mod number, but using some version of the mod TITLE... :(

Just one more reason I hate Curse...

But anyway, I am sure THAT is why KSPMA wont be working with recent, and future Curse linking, as-is...

• 1 month later...

@MacTee, is there anyway to get a small change to this mod that would make a huge difference in it's usefulness (for me at least)?

All I want is the parts tab to show which parts are currently in use in my game.  That will help me prune a game in progress.

Edited by Probus

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else been having issues with using github based releases with the most recent KSP Mod admin AnyOS? I had a look at it in the debugger, and it looks as if possibly the HTML scraping is broken (changes to the HTML layout of github's release page?)

I've looked into redoing the github plugin using the github REST API, but it has some pretty horrific rate limiting on API requests/hour for non-authenticated requests

Edited by timmers_uk

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2016 at 5:30 PM, timmers_uk said:

Has anyone else been having issues with using github based releases with the most recent KSP Mod admin AnyOS? I had a look at it in the debugger, and it looks as if possibly the HTML scraping is broken (changes to the HTML layout of github's release page?)

I've looked into redoing the github plugin using the github REST API, but it has some pretty horrific rate limiting on API requests/hour for non-authenticated requests

Yeah, I am having issues with github mods, too. Are there any news on this yet?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.