KSP is great because....

sal_vager

KSP is great because it showed me the delicate dance of speed and angle needed to reach other worlds, it taught me to orbit, and showed me that tiny changes can have huge effects.

What makes KSP great for you? :)

...because it's just one of those sandboxes, where you really can do whatever you want (With the parts you're given.). Some of the sandboxes I've played, I was limited to a point where it almost wasn't a sandbox.

And the satisfaction. :)

KSP is great because it's the closest i will ever get to feeling how an astronaut might feel, it's great because it made me interested in a subject i never previously gave much thought to, only to wonder afterward how it was possible i had let such passions and dreams pass me by, it's great because in Kerbals themselves i see so much that is good about us humans, inventiveness, comradeship, cheerfulness, and bravery in the face of danger and solitude, and it's great because of the incredible awe i feel when i see the universe every time i get up there among the stars, to feel small is not always to feel bad, in Kerbal i found it to be illuminating and emotional.

KSP is great because it will introduce a new generation to space travel and the wonders it can bring so public support will greatly increase for space travel. Hopefully we will be able to all go into space in a few decades thanks to this game. Thank you Squad.

Edited by LeonG17

KSP is one of the space games I have been looking for half my life; Designing and flying your own rockets in a realistic environment. I have long-awaited this, and I will always love it.

KSP is great because

... it made me really enjoy computer game playing again, something that I haven't done for a while (other than Minecraft).

... it made me realise what true heroes these astronauts are.

... it game me an inkling of how difficult landing on the moon must have been.

... it made me feel guilty for sending little computer pixellated funny Kerbal guys to many pointless deaths.

... it got me off Minecraft.

... I am still playing it!!

... because after playing it for almost a year, it's still so freaking hard. I can come up with projects that take days or weeks to finish, and it takes skill and perseverance to see them through. I don't just shoot 75 badguys and then progress to the next level, where I shoot 75 more badguys.

...because it is not a game as much as it is a simulation. The entire process makes you think about what you are going to do next, not just point and click. It is a great start and look forward to seeing what they bring out next.

Its great because it gave me even more respect for the real astronauts and the things they did/still do. If its hard to land even simply FLY a rocket to the Moon in this realistic yet "easier" (Than IRL, anyway,) space game, I can only imagine how ridiculous it was back then. Plus its the greatest thing to plan out some elaborate mission and when you finally lean back and think "Freaking success." Best game ever

I'm going to study aerospace engineering! :D

This game literally changed my life.

Me tooo! It's taught me so much about orbital mechanics and reawakened my love for space!

Heh, I'll add myself onto this too :D

Well I guess this proves I'm not alone. :D

I don't plan to study aerospace engineering though.

... it made me really enjoy computer game playing again, something that I haven't done for a while (other than Minecraft).

... it made me realise what true heroes these astronauts are.

... it game me an inkling of how difficult landing on the moon must have been.

... it made me feel guilty for sending little computer pixellated funny Kerbal guys to many pointless deaths.

... it got me off Minecraft.

... I am still playing it!!

Same here. I used to only play Minecraft but KSP is way better.

KSP is great because of the developers. They don't give into people yelling at them. They have hard jobs developing this game and dealing with bugs and hacker etc. We should stop complaining about stuff and let them do what they do. Sure, post suggestions, but don't yell at them because of a little pixel is missing from the inner part of Jool. Sure, you can submit bug reports, but don't get mad when someone says something you don't agree with. The fourms are the best fourms I have seen in a while, and I assume it takes long to make sure everyone is happy. Don't complain about little things and think about the big things they are doing. That is all I have to say.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.