What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Had a Munar landing done today, but it didn't exactly go as planned. Upon landing the craft bounced enough to cause the lander to bounce back up and impact the docking port on the ground, breaking it. In recovering from the bad landing, half the monoprop was used to recover, for the torque of the craft didn't allow for fast maneuvers. After hundreds of science was gathered, the launch was eventful, for remote tech decided to lock the craft into a targeted heading, which resulted in the craft wanting to not pitch up. Luckily I got it to pitch up enough that I only lost a solar panel, out of two. After Jeb finally got back to the pof with Bill and Bob (short eva needed), they returned home, where it was still eventful, for the service module decided that it needed to play with the pod during reentry, and flew by the pod 1 metre away. Lets just say I was glad it made it back to the ground in one piece.

Today I finally got around to finish my manned Duna mission.

Forum thread with pictures and stuffs

Then I continued testing a shuttle I've made, though I don't think it's able to bring too much into orbit, so it's not really that useful. Sure is purdy though.

0F7046D7C7F9F4F859774155C2E03ABD6868C449

Flew by Pol with my Jool tour probe. Was a little too close for comfort though.

9374DFAB1771A668CCAE2CFB20BA042A889C76D0

0FD338E4D3FF368D76B851DA2C015D867E506A86

176311277BB7B2ACF2D2CD7F8152603A29669F8F

Also got the probe in an orbit set to encounter Bop, the only Joolian moon I have left to fly past.

This is also probably the last time I'm going to use the ion engine... Any manoeuvre takes for ever with its low thrust, and a small design flaw has rendered it even worse on the Explorer IX. I kinda misread the energy production rate bits on the radioisotope thingies, so I've had to limit the thrust to 23,5%, and even then, the thing will run out of power in 5 minutes...

Edited by SBaL

I have just managed to get to the Mun, achieve a stable 35x300km orbit and return back to the Kerbin for the first time without maneuver nodes. I had a contract to explore Mun (achieve orbit, take data from space around Mun, land and plant the flag) which I was postponing for some time until I got some cash in (just in case I fail). Next task is to earn enough cash to upgrade VAB so that I can have more than 30 parts because next goal is to land on the Mun and complete that contract.

I did not take any pictures during the mission as I wasn't sure if it will be successful, but here is the end result:

FLKSqHD.png

PfP0Lu5.png

d1JsbqO.png

I got 2 Kerbals to make the 6.9km journey from their crashed Munbase to the rescue lander. Then when the third one exited the base on EVA, the base accelerated away at 2700km/sec and exploded, killing the last 2 on board.

Whole screen went black. Tried to exit to space centre. space centre was all black. Quit and reloaded KSP. No good. Reverted to an earlier save, which was before I had transferred any Kerbals to the rescue lander. Sulked for a bit, then hacked gravity to move the crashed base to within 1km of the rescue lander.

Transferred everyone, didn't feel like trying a Minmus flyby for additional XP, so straight back to Kerbin, didn't bother trying to land anywhere near KSC. Rescue craft fell over on landing and broke up, further reducing the amount of funds recovered. The rescued Kerbals now all have 7 XP.

Only had an halfhour today, still managed to slap together this and make orbit with FAR and KIDS and still have ~250dV for orbital manuvers, no payload though, first time getting a turbojet into space with FAR. Mostly though, a proof to myself that two 48-7S are enough for the final push into orbit with my mods, atleast on a very light SSTO. Before I spent to much time texturing these parts. :)

Yeah, the design is nice looking, but not very pleasant to fly above 20km. But hey, what really counts. :P

zVdlXZo.jpg?1

GvnXian.jpg?1

I run into problems today. My game loads ok, I can play without memory-related crashes for about 2 hours...but whenever I put 1.25 KW engine with thrust 90 (I forgot its name) and try to put decoupler beneath it my game crashes with "Fatal error in gc: Too many heap sections" message.

Spent last night on a pair of satellite deployment missions. Made over √300,000, enough to unlock the Level 2 VAB. Redesigned the booster for the second satellite launch - the asparagus design turned out to be less expensive than the single-stage booster I'd built for the initial mission, so I was pretty happy about that. Finished the night up with an atmospheric test of the Mk-55 engine (mainly to free up that contract spot). The speed requirements were so low and the altitude requirements were high enough that it made more sense to use a recoverable sounding rocket rig than an airplane for the test. Got all my facilities to Level 2 now except for the SPH and R&D. Thinking about heading to the Mun now.

I got my transfer stage for my Eeloo mission into orbit today. It will push the lander to Eeloo, and hopefully back. I forgot putting RCS-thrusters on my lander, so I had to try docking when I was in control of the transfer stage. That was needless to say a terrible experience, and after trying and trying to line up the two crafts, I decided to deorbit my lander and launch it back into orbit. This time equipped with RCS.

qpAegIq.png

I got the old IXS ring working with RoverDude's warp plugin, then launched the first warp-capable ship of my career save - cost a cool 3 million (which was immediately recouped via a test contract for the massive B9 MX engine). I can't say I've actually fired up the warp drive yet - that will have to wait until tomorrow (I think I'll add a drop-tank and a lander in the cargo bay).

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I've been using US astronaut names for capital ships, so the vessel I posted yesterday is the IPV Shepard, this is the IPV Grissom, and the next thing I launch will be the Glenn, then the Carpenter, then Schirra, and so on.

Made an OKS station core for Moho, was too lazy to send it up in parts. So I made a BadS quick 17 ton lifter to Moho for it. (apologies for nighttime, but I didn't take these for glamour shots, and didn't want to wait for day cause transfer is only 8 days away)

R9alvrw.jpg

uSFjH30.png

Now, to get it there without being killed by FPS (100+ parts turns clock yellow for me), or wobble.

Edited by Norpo

Did a bit of tweaking to my RCS-SSTO and got into a 140km by 140km orbit.

SVAYHV6.png

Best of all the apoapsis was done by the turbo jet alone and the RCS throttled engines rounded it out. :cool: Now I just wish I could narrow down why the EVE mod is causing my system to explode so often, I do miss the clouds but do not like random crashes either.

Last night I put some work into building a Titan using Infernal Robotics. Made a bunch of different attachable "weapons," and while using a railgun as a crutch, my titan took his first few steps. Getting his Jetpack working will take some more work... when I turn it on he gets about a foot off the ground, does a front flip, and slams his face into the ground.

Some progress is better than no progress!

Atleast I'm not killing any Kerbals with this.

http://youtu.be/lc8fgX7nABU?a

I admire your persistence in tweaking your orbit. However, you made one error, and have one misunderstanding (both of which I have done myself). The error is that your satellite orbit is 180 degrees off from what the contract requires (indicated by the AN/DN indicators that you were looking at, and by the "direction" dots orbiting in the opposit direction as your satellite). The misunderstanding is that the initial contract deadline is to "accept" the contract: once accepted, the completion deadline is usually years away.

Hacked together a few .cfg files after learning some basic ModuleManager syntax so stuff works as I want it to work. It's easier than you'd think.

Also DDS'ified my whole install and got DDSLoader to lower the boot up time of the game.

Heck one of these days I just might get around to acctually playing the game again :P

Launched my Bergenâ„¢ Shuttle from a new Kerbal Konstructs launch pad on a tropical island just as a test run. I did 3/4 of an orbit and went to land in the West-of-KSC Desert. Was rather innocent landing spot but I noticed a little black marker while touching down. Ran Hanby over there and it turned out there was a easter egg there! Yay :D