Funniest loading screen slpash sentences

Moustachauve

Indeed, and the question was "contaminated" anyway, on account of a bunch of idiots crash landing on the planet in the past and ending up being the forerunners of humanity.

This is such an obscure reference and I only get it because I'm currently reading through the Ultimate H2G2 book as of this moment. Yay, I get to be a part of something! :D

• 3 years later...

I don't mind this necro since there are new loading hints... but I dislike most of the new ones. "Transferring Hohmann", "Effecting Oberth", really?? 

"Adding more boosters", "Locating Jebediah", "Reaching a safe distance", "Bidding time", those are witty loading hints that bring out game flavour.

1 hour ago, monstah said:

I don't mind this necro since there are new loading hints... but I dislike most of the new ones. "Transferring Hohmann", "Effecting Oberth", really??

Although I like "calling orbital mechanic".

1 hour ago, Streetwind said:

As mentioned before, "Planting Flag on Pol..." is by far my favorite one, although it took ages for me to 'get it'. Most people probably still don't get it. Explanation here. :)

I never could have guessed it, thanks. 

On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 0:19 PM, monstah said:

I'd want to plump up the first with something like "Transferring Hohmann to HR/TechSupport/TrackingStation", but the second I'd leave as is because a lot of people would think it to be the wrong verb until they look it up, and it relates to initializing a physics engine.

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:16 AM, Aragosnat said:

Well mine has to go with a picture. Just for the expression:

833E15CDD5EC924E8BC260DA02451D905DBB38E0

But, yeah. Staging Mün Landing and Never Visiting Dres. Get a little chuckle from e as well. Dres on is so true. Never visited it yet..

The perfect picture to go with the old 'Motivating Kerbals' loading hint. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.