[1.11.x] RCS Build Aid v1.0.6

m4v

Also a pretty please from me.

I guess exams comes first ... but don't you not even have some short minutes left to recompile it against 1.0? (and then update the 1st post that you made a quick dirty recompile)

Anyway good luck with your exams.

I did a quick test yesterday and the plugin works. I also lost 2 hours of my life burning canards and kerbals around, I can't be bothered with recompiles.

Edited by m4v

I did a quick test yesterday and the plugin works. I also lost 2 hours of my life burning canards and kerbals around, I can't be bothered with recompiles.

How DARE you play instead of modding!

No really that's cool. Do yo thang, we all need to experience the game. If it works it works.

Nice to see that this still works!

Minor issue though - the CoM marker goes away when loading a vessel from save in the editor (after you already had something placed). I don't recall this happening before 1.0.

Nice to see that this still works!

Minor issue though - the CoM marker goes away when loading a vessel from save in the editor (after you already had something placed). I don't recall this happening before 1.0.

Yeah, I'm having the same issue here. I've only got the DCOM available after loading another craft.

Yeah, I'm having the same issue here. I've only got the DCOM available after loading another craft.

Just FYI, there's an easy workaround for now - toggle RCS build aid off and then back on via the toolbar icon.

Nope, it doesn't work for me. The Acom stays in place even if the rocket is moved around (which might put the the ACOM way out of the rocket). Also it always shows me forces ... even if the thrusters are dead center on COM.

At least it doesn't crash KSP. ... But is not working either.

edit: Never mind, Build Aid has decided to work properly, now. Dunno what that wired behavior earlier caused, though.

Edited by Bizz Keryear

The VAB toolbar icon wasn't even showing up for me with the devbuild, trying the main download.

Edit: Not showing up for the main download either. Looking at output log to see what broke.

Edit2: Output log says that the icons loaded..... wierd.

Edited by smjjames

The VAB toolbar icon wasn't even showing up for me with the devbuild, trying the main download.

Edit: Not showing up for the main download either. Looking at output log to see what broke.

Edit2: Output log says that the icons loaded..... wierd.

Found this problem with career mode. Button shows up in the App launcher in sandbox mode. If you switch it to Blizzy bar in career mode the icon shows up there.

Is this going to get updated for 1.0?

Just trying to be helpful here but look back through the thread before asking. Really, you could have seen on the previous page that is was being worked on. On the page before that you would have seen why m4v has good reasons to NOT work on it, including but not limited to people continuing to ask if it is getting updated.

Honestly, the only thing I see that's wrong with this at the moment is the CoM disappearing, which jrandom said can be fixed by closing RCSBA and re-opening it, and the TWR. The TWR seems to be quite off for planes, especially large ones; but honestly, everything is fine right now.

I'm not sure this will work, but you might be able to 'restart' RCSBA via the code when the capsule is deleted, maybe that will be a very quick "patch" to the problem, for the mean time anyway?

Honestly, the only thing I see that's wrong with this at the moment is the CoM disappearing, which jrandom said can be fixed by closing RCSBA and re-opening it, and the TWR. The TWR seems to be quite off for planes, especially large ones; but honestly, everything is fine right now.

I'm not sure this will work, but you might be able to 'restart' RCSBA via the code when the capsule is deleted, maybe that will be a very quick "patch" to the problem, for the mean time anyway?

I could do that, or... I could try to calculate the autocorrelation and autocovariance of a stochastic process. The latter being more exciting and useful to me!

Edited by m4v

Seems to work just fine as is. The only "issue" is AVC complaining about it being built for .90 - and I think adding

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=PT Sans] "KSP_VERSION_MIN":[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=PT Sans] {[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=PT Sans] "MAJOR":0,[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=PT Sans] "MINOR":90,[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=PT Sans] "PATCH":0[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=PT Sans] }[/FONT][/COLOR]

to the version file on GitHub would solve that. :cool:

Meanwhile, we end users can supress that message by opening "RCSBuildAid.version", adding the section above, and finding

"URL": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/m4v/RCSBuildAid/master/RCSBuildAid.version",

and changing it to

"URL": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/m4v/RCSBuildAid/master/RCSBuildAid.versionfoobar",

or anything else that fouls the URL - if AVC can't find the online version file to compare, it treats it as up to date.

Edited by tg626

It current release doesn't handle physicsless parts quite right (has them as massless whereas KSP 1.0 now transfers their mass to their parent part) but that has already been fixed on github.

Is it possible to download the github version right now? From my quick look it seems like it is only source code on github.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.