[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Found a temp workaround. Put a strut gun behind the wheel (has to hit wheel not the rail, doesn’t help if it hits rail) just have to deactivate when adjusting rail but while it's active the wheels don’t go nuts

is there anyway to control the order that the devices are shown in the control gui? I am trying to group items (hinges, pistons, etc) for a particular part to be together. It seems that no matter what i try to do, it rearranges the control parts to some hidden plan.

is there anyway to control the order that the devices are shown in the control gui? I am trying to group items (hinges, pistons, etc) for a particular part to be together. It seems that no matter what i try to do, it rearranges the control parts to some hidden plan.

When you add a new control group it will add 1-2 buttons beside the individual part listings in the control list. Click those to adjust which group the part is in.

The way it currently works is you have New Group, New Group2 and so on when you add a new group. I normally just move the parts around into each group that I want to separate them with. You can't reorder the groups unfortunately at this time.

Ok, thanks... My folding rovers are getting more and more complicated and i was 'hoping' that there might be some .cfg file hanging out somewhere that i could tweak...

Need to make one or two more 'fixes' then will have rover to show and get comments.

thanks to all.

The hidden internal order is just the order in which the parts and groups are create on load. Essentially, they're sorted based on topological distance from the root part.

Unless a way is found to save vessel level info in both the .craft file and the persistence file, the only way to order the groups would be to implement sorting on the group names and naming the groups appropriately.

First of all, holy mother of kerbals, this mod is just insane. Kudos to everyone who had a hand in this marvelous creation. Again, just wow.

Now that being said, I've been experimenting to make docking arms for ground vehicles and had somewhat decent success. Although I'm experiencing a very odd bug where when 2 vehicles dock it seems to recalculate their combined mass and center of gravity or something. But when i'm connected via a mechanical arm (2 telescopic pistons, 3 hinges, with a octogonal strut to attach the docking port to it.)

Links to before & after:

Now that I said it only happened sometimes, it seems to be quasi consitent now. Whenever I attach my rover to anything, it'll try to flip on it's side?! lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xar58ogl0xle09/Before_Docking_Madness.bmp

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8e50y7jjkiy3ykz/Docking_madness.bmp

Anybody has had similar experiences? I'm totally new to the mod so perhaps i'm overlooking something obvious. Thanks for any tips!

First of all, holy mother of kerbals, this mod is just insane. Kudos to everyone who had a hand in this marvelous creation. Again, just wow.

Now that being said, I've been experimenting to make docking arms for ground vehicles and had somewhat decent success. Although I'm experiencing a very odd bug where when 2 vehicles dock it seems to recalculate their combined mass and center of gravity or something. But when i'm connected via a mechanical arm (2 telescopic pistons, 3 hinges, with a octogonal strut to attach the docking port to it.)

Links to before & after:

Now that I said it only happened sometimes, it seems to be quasi consitent now. Whenever I attach my rover to anything, it'll try to flip on it's side?! lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xar58ogl0xle09/Before_Docking_Madness.bmp

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8e50y7jjkiy3ykz/Docking_madness.bmp

Anybody has had similar experiences? I'm totally new to the mod so perhaps i'm overlooking something obvious. Thanks for any tips!

The cubic and octagonal struts have been singled out in the past as problematic, I'd try removing/replacing those first. I don't think high gravity + DR + Docking offers 100% guaranteed success though :)

The cubic and octagonal struts have been singled out in the past as problematic, I'd try removing/replacing those first. I don't think high gravity + DR + Docking offers 100% guaranteed success though :)

Darn, i'm getting pretty down with Kerbal/rocketry terminology, but what is DR?

Darn, i'm getting pretty down with Kerbal/rocketry terminology, but what is DR?

DR is Damned Robotics which is what the original robotics plugin was called until I made a fork that worked for 0.21. People use it interchangeably and some just call it the old Damned Robotics.

It's stored in the cData which is binary. Won't do you much good unfortunately. It's one of the things brought over from when it was Damned Robotics. I do plan on rewriting it when I have a free moment.

Any hope for this when the 0.9 version comes out? I could sure use the ability to modify my groupings for IR parts outside of the VAB. I have a Mun city under construction using lander legs attached to IR adjustable rails to level out the various sections of the base, and the listing in the servo control box is out of control. It would be nice if I could attach a base section, adjust its leg heights, and then group the IR rails into a single "done" category, never to be touched again.

DR is Damned Robotics which is what the original robotics plugin was called until I made a fork that worked for 0.21. People use it interchangeably and some just call it the old Damned Robotics.

Thank you sir! I was actually doing silly searches like rocketry DR terminology. lol.

I'll try without those evil struts now! Thanks everyone.

Thank you sir! I was actually doing silly searches like rocketry DR terminology. lol.

I'll try without those evil struts now! Thanks everyone.

You're welcome. See if quantum struts give you the same grief if you like.

Any hope for this when the 0.9 version comes out? I could sure use the ability to modify my groupings for IR parts outside of the VAB. I have a Mun city under construction using lander legs attached to IR adjustable rails to level out the various sections of the base, and the listing in the servo control box is out of control. It would be nice if I could attach a base section, adjust its leg heights, and then group the IR rails into a single "done" category, never to be touched again.

I'm working on it along with simple kOS integration. Unsure of the time table for it to be released.

Guys please help me! I don't know what I am doing wrong. nqg8d30bv On this image I already messed up a lot, but the reason is logical. I tried to connect this two bad guys when the rocket was standing right way, but the clamp-o-trons just didn't attached to each other, I felt the magnetic force and they fit each other perfectly but no connection was established, and then i tried to crash my rocket on it's side so the top clamp became available to connect, but even in this case they didn't connect to each other when they fit. Please tell me how to fix this.

Edited by Laitig

I love this robotics pack very much. I used the old DRobotics pack before I found this thread, now I'm amazed at the new parts which are very useful. Here is the plane which I created with these robotic parts:

wihv.th.png

ziv0.th.png

fchm.th.png

Its features are:

-Variable wing geometry

-Vertical take off and landing

-Adjustable position of rear engines

I wouldn't have done it but for this amazing robotics pack.

However, there's one thing which should be added. It would be very useful to have an option to invert the direction of movement for robotic parts. It's strange that this option hasn't been added yet. :rolleyes:

Guys please help me! I don't know what I am doing wrong. nqg8d30bv On this image I already messed up a lot, but the reason is logical. I tried to connect this two bad guys when the rocket was standing right way, but the clamp-o-trons just didn't attached to each other, I felt the magnetic force and they fit each other perfectly but no connection was established, and then i tried to crash my rocket on it's side so the top clamp became available to connect, but even in this case they didn't connect to each other when they fit. Please tell me how to fix this.

Why are you asking about stock parts not working in this thread?

To answer your question, sometimes the clamp-o-trons just don't work. I've had the situation you are experiencing and also have had docking ports that won't disconnect from each other.