[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Firstly, welcome to the forum!  We're all glad you're here.

Secondly, thank you very much for your kind words - they matter.

Thirdly, complaining is quite alright, especially since you've already been so nice.

About the bug you reported (BTW, good report - lots of detail), I haven't gotten such a report yet, so I will go do some testing.  I know the altitude is usually off, and I'm not really sure why, but the location should be good.

Please understand that I did not write most of HyperEdit's current code, and I'm no C# expert by far, so I may at times give silly answers like "I have no idea".  However, you've joined the best game community that there ever was, so I'm pretty sure someone will be able to help us get to the bottom of your issue.

Thank you sir for your fast response. I made a new game and the issue seems to have stopped. I will test further next day or two. Still however I do notice that I can keep clicking "current" with my kerbal standing still and the lat and lon are always changing slightly. Seemingly with the Muns rotation but that I am unsure of.  The lander was pretty straight forward but the launch vessel that contained it and the CM along with 50 stories worth of fuel and supplies might have had something to do with it. Being it was one of the larger vessels I have ever launched, maybe I awoke the Kraken lol.

I did have a self induced issue I forgot to mention. On my 1st attempt to send the supply can to the landing site I accidentally made the sun the active vessel and transported it to the landing site instead of the can... Lol needless to say that did not end well. I reloaded my old save to before I did this tho and that is when I had this problem. Whether the 2 are related I do not know. Anyways thank you again for your feedback and keep up the good work!

3 hours ago, Eric2013 said:

Thank you sir for your fast response. I made a new game and the issue seems to have stopped. I will test further next day or two. Still however I do notice that I can keep clicking "current" with my kerbal standing still and the lat and lon are always changing slightly. Seemingly with the Muns rotation but that I am unsure of.  The lander was pretty straight forward but the launch vessel that contained it and the CM along with 50 stories worth of fuel and supplies might have had something to do with it. Being it was one of the larger vessels I have ever launched, maybe I awoke the Kraken lol.

I did have a self induced issue I forgot to mention. On my 1st attempt to send the supply can to the landing site I accidentally made the sun the active vessel and transported it to the landing site instead of the can... Lol needless to say that did not end well. I reloaded my old save to before I did this tho and that is when I had this problem. Whether the 2 are related I do not know. Anyways thank you again for your feedback and keep up the good work!

Thanks for the added detail.  I'm not so sure that the issue has "stopped" really, rather than just randomly working.  There is something very odd going on that causes it to seemingly randomly goof up.  I did some tests with the "Set to vessel", and that always does something different, and usually doesn't put me very close to the targeted vessel.  Something isn't right, but I don't yet grok the code enough to offer any fix.

I will put in some more time staring at the goats code to see if I can tease out anything tomorrow.  I may even set myself up with a debugable Unity / KSP install (finally), and see if that gives any insight.

But, generally, saving before any major step in a flight plan is always a good rule.  Also, know that some things can be corrected by a save/reload, and/or changing scenes (like going to Space Center or Tracking Station and back).

Probably a bug:

A problem with another mod crashed a moon buggy so I hyperedited out a replacement.  Admittedly I tried to land it on the Mun directly from the runway but that did not appear to be the problem.

I set the location to be the location of the crashed buggy and it popped into space roughly 1500m south and 1500m above the crash.  I find this very significant as the crash is about 1500m above sea level--I think hyperedit thinks it's an ASL altitude but the game is giving an AGL altitude.  Why this would also result in an equivalent displacement to the south I have no idea.

1 minute ago, Loren Pechtel said:

Probably a bug:

A problem with another mod crashed a moon buggy so I hyperedited out a replacement.  Admittedly I tried to land it on the Mun directly from the runway but that did not appear to be the problem.

I set the location to be the location of the crashed buggy and it popped into space roughly 1500m south and 1500m above the crash.  I find this very significant as the crash is about 1500m above sea level--I think hyperedit thinks it's an ASL altitude but the game is giving an AGL altitude.  Why this would also result in an equivalent displacement to the south I have no idea.

I agree that it's a bug, found here:  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/13  And here:  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/15

I'm sorry that I can't fix it right away, I just don't have the coding mojo, but I hope to get some expert eyes on it soon.

I can only tell you to keep messing with it and you may get closer.

4 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I agree that it's a bug, found here:  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/13  And here:  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/15

I'm sorry that I can't fix it right away, I just don't have the coding mojo, but I hope to get some expert eyes on it soon.

I can only tell you to keep messing with it and you may get closer.

#15 looks like what I just ran into.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into what I think is a bug (or, at least, probably not the best behavior).

I switched my game to windowed mode at a lower resolution a few days ago. Yesterday I noticed that pressing the 'ship lander' button didn't seem to do anything. I thought 'that's odd' but I never really sorted out why I couldn't get the lander window to show up.

Today I reverted to max resolution and full screen, and sure enough, there was the ship lander window popping up on the far right, outside of where it would show up in my lower-resolution windowed-mode version. All other windows on my screen seemed to behave ok with the switch in resolution.

Not a big deal; I'm happy to log a github issue to be sorted at your leisure if you'd like.

1 minute ago, drhay53 said:

I ran into what I think is a bug (or, at least, probably not the best behavior).

I switched my game to windowed mode at a lower resolution a few days ago. Yesterday I noticed that pressing the 'ship lander' button didn't seem to do anything. I thought 'that's odd' but I never really sorted out why I couldn't get the lander window to show up.

Today I reverted to max resolution and full screen, and sure enough, there was the ship lander window popping up on the far right, outside of where it would show up in my lower-resolution windowed-mode version. All other windows on my screen seemed to behave ok with the switch in resolution.

Not a big deal; I'm happy to log a github issue to be sorted at your leisure if you'd like.

Thanks for the report.  I don't know how to fix it now, but I'm pretty sure that if you move the window to the center while in fullscreen, then you will be able to find it in windowed mode, and put it wherever you like.  There is a config file that records the positions of the windows.  I'd bet deleting that might help as well.

I've created an issue for this here:  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/17

Just now, Ezriilc said:

Thanks for the report.  I don't know how to fix it now, but I'm pretty sure that if you move the window to the center while in fullscreen, then you will be able to find it in windowed mode, and put it wherever you like.  There is a config file that records the positions of the windows.  I'd bet deleting that might help as well.

I've created an issue for this here:  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/17

Yeah I figured that's what I'd do in the future. Just hadn't crossed my mind before switching to windowed mode.

Is there any way to detect the resolution and remember the location of the window as a fraction of the resolution, rather than in an absolute sense?

Yeah I figured that's what I'd do in the future. Just hadn't crossed my mind before switching to windowed mode.

Is there any way to detect the resolution and remember the location of the window as a fraction of the resolution, rather than in an absolute sense?

That is what I was thinking, or at least something to that effect.  But because I'm not well versed in C#, I'm not really in much position to fix it now, but I will look and see if it's simple enough for me to handle.

1 minute ago, Ezriilc said:

That is what I was thinking, or at least something to that effect.  But because I'm not well versed in C#, I'm not really in much position to fix it now, but I will look and see if it's simple enough for me to handle.

My C# is non-existent or I would try to help; I just don't have the free time to learn the whole UNITY/KSP workflow (I've tried, briefly, but found it would be a big effort). My background is scientific programming in interpreted languages; which is to say, real programmers laugh at me.

My C# is non-existent or I would try to help; I just don't have the free time to learn the whole UNITY/KSP workflow (I've tried, briefly, but found it would be a big effort). My background is scientific programming in interpreted languages; which is to say, real programmers laugh at me.

I am in a somewhat similar position - not the scientific part, but certainly the laughing.  I'm just a self-taught xAMP hack that was in the right place when HyperEdit needed a home.

• 1 month later...

Stange thing just happened.

I'm testing another mod, and when I saw this, I made a clean install:

New game, put a pod on the launch pad.  Checked the funds, was at 24,400

Hyperedited into orbit, funds went to 182,800

I don't see any way to disable funds in HE, and frankly, I would have expected it to go the other way, if anything

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't see any way to disable funds in HE, and frankly, I would have expected it to go the other way, if anything

Yea, that is strange.  I don't ever play anything other than sandbox, so I'm not familiar with fundage and such.

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Isn't this just the world's first funding?

Just now, Loren Pechtel said:
3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Isn't this just the world's first funding?

No.  The initial funding was 25,000, 600 was used for the pod.  Then somehow, it got an additional 158400 added when the ship was hyperedited into orbit.

Strange.

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No.  The initial funding was 25,000, 600 was used for the pod.  Then somehow, it got an additional 158400 added when the ship was hyperedited into orbit.

Strange.

I mean the money you get for first flight, first orbit, breaking several speed records.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

hi! Would it be possible to make it impossible to hyperedit to certain celestials? 

Well sure!  Just don't use HyperEdit for those.  :D

But seriously, that's not really what HyperEdit is about.  Being a single-player only game, it's just up to you to decide what you're allowed and what you're not.  There are no restraints in HyperEdit to allow for such limitations.  Sorry?

36 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

But seriously, that's not really what HyperEdit is about.  Being a single-player only game, it's just up to you to decide what you're allowed and what you're not.  There are no restraints in HyperEdit to allow for such limitations.  Sorry?

No prob :P just asking.

1 hour ago, Ezriilc said:

Yeah.  Hyperedit is wonderful for when the game does things wrong--I've probably hypered a dozen Kerbals to Kerbin when they either wouldn't exit their craft (solved by the mod that restricts what rescue Kerbals spawn in) and the occasional agorophobic Kerbal (for which I have no fix) that wouldn't let go of the ladder.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.