[1.0.3] Editor Extensions v2.12 - 23 June

MachXXV

Would it be possible to add Keyboard Shortcuts to show/hide the centers of mass/lift/thrust?

Additionally, shortcuts to empty/fill one or all tanks that could be drained by the current launch would be very useful for efficiently analyzing how much COM will shift during the stage's burn (which can be pretty important for rockets in FAR, I've had way too many ships spin out because the COM shifted down too far)

Anyone else having problems in 1.0.4? For some reason I can't get use the "V" function Vertically center a part. Anyone has a fix for this, as I tend to use this quite a lot :)

works fine on my setup.

Anyone else having problems in 1.0.4? For some reason I can't get use the "V" function Vertically center a part. Anyone has a fix for this, as I tend to use this quite a lot :)

Working fine for me. Hover mouse over the attached part and press V, it snaps to the vertical center.

Working fine for me. Hover mouse over the attached part and press V, it snaps to the vertical center.

Ahh thats right! I forgot the function was changed from enabled vertical lock on/off to aligning already attached parts. Thanks a bunch! :)

Shouldn't need recompiling, just needs the ".version" file changing to include 1.0.5 so that kcan etc will see it as compatible.

Recompiling is good practice regardless though. There are a lot of little things that changed in 1.0.5.

List:

1. Add ability to highlight connected parts when hovering mouse over strut / fuel line and pressing keyboard shortcut. Useful when doing inner strutting of parts that are very close but not directly attached (for example wings that attach to one fuselage section but span more than that).

2.Keyboard shortcut to reset entire craft to editor center. For example SHIFT+SPACE, that way user hits space to reset camera and then shift+space to reposition craft, kind of 1-2-punch-combo.

For item 1. i've got ideas from :

- Editor Extensions (strut alignement)

- Part Wizard (part highlighting)

So, the item 1. idea is kind of amalgam of the above mentioned plugins, so i'm not really sure which one should implement this. :)

Add:

3. Solve the flicker/twitch when pressing X to change simmetry number. (It is very annoying)

4. Add a button to center a part in the vertical center of a rocket (when looking the rocket from above or below)

Thanks again MachXXV, you're a pro.

If you are going to work on the mod again, please add those, and you will be my hero of the year

[...]

4. Add a button to center a part in the vertical center of a rocket (when looking the rocket from above or below)

Thanks again MachXXV, you're a pro.

[...]

I don't know if it helps, but here is what I do on flat surfaces:

1. set angle snapping to 90º;
  2. add the part far from the center (but fixed on 90º);
  3. hit 'H' (or 'V', depending on the case) to center it.

It does not work on round surfaces (like the Sputnik probe core) because the added part (say a comm16 antenna) keeps the angle of the area it was added to. In these cases, I:

2. set simmetry to 2;
  3. slowly adjust both parts (the mentioned antenna, for example) until they overlap;
  4. cautiously return simmetry to 1 without moving the mouse;
  5. click to add it.

I don't know if it helps, but here is what I do on flat surfaces:

2. add the part far from the center (but fixed on 90º);
  3. hit 'H' (or 'V', depending on the case) to center it.

It does not work on round surfaces (like the Sputnik probe core) because the added part (say a comm16 antenna) keeps the angle of the area it was added to. In these cases, I:

2. set simmetry to 2;
  3. slowly adjust both parts (the mentioned antenna, for example) until they overlap;
  4. cautiously return simmetry to 1 without moving the mouse;
  5. click to add it.

Thanks Man!!

[quote name='jlcarneiro']I don't know if it helps, but here is what I do on flat surfaces:
[LIST=1]
[*]set angle snapping to 90º;
[*]add the part far from the center (but fixed on 90º);
[*]hit 'H' (or 'V', depending on the case) to center it.
[/LIST]

[LIST=1]
[*]set angle snapping to 90º;
[*]set simmetry to 2;
[*]slowly adjust both parts (the mentioned antenna, for example) until they overlap;
[*]cautiously return simmetry to 1 [I]without moving the mouse[/I];
[*]click to add it.
[/LIST]
[/QUOTE]

Creative method to do it. Good to know.

But there is a simpler way: By opening the editor extension debug window. There you can see all information about a part. Rotation, position both local and global, etc...

Say you want to adjust an antenna on top of a Stayputnik, center it with the 'V' and/or 'H' key then set the editor to rotate mode (press 3 by default) and set snap angle to disabled. Click on the antenna with the debug information window open and look at the different rotation values. Click and drag the rotate widget until you have what you want. Note that the farther away from the widget center you are (click and hold and move left or right toward the edge of the screen), the more precise the rotation becomes...

Hi folks,

Installed this into my 1.0.5 KSP today. Noticed strange behavior when I press "H" hotkey while hovering a new part over one of a group of symmetric mounted parts. Could someone double check for me to see if they can reproduce on their end?

1) Place orange tank (root part).
2) Radially mount 4 symmetric girders, pointing outwards.
3) Grab a new orange tank and hover it over one of the girder butts, as if you were going to mount it. Once it's in the correct spot, don't attach it, but instead press H.

On my end, some of the girders disappear. Here's a before/after:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IMFcud6.png[/IMG]

If you grab the mounted girders and reattach, the missing members come back. Note I [I]may[/I] have switched between Mirror and Radial mode a couple times before starting this. Radial mode was active when I did it.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Pl7f8NT.png[/IMG]

[B]Edit: [/B]Re-read the OP and realized this is probably intended behavior (the two "disappearing" girders actually got moved inside the tank). I guess H can produce some weird results with symmetric radial mounted parts :-) Edited by Fwiffo

[B]Fwiffo[/B]: I believe you want to push the key [i]after[/i] attaching the tanks, not before. I know V works only with attached parts. I suspect your are causing the girders to snap to the center of the core tank.

[edit]And I'm slow to read the whole post. Still, I guess a second opinion doesn't hurt.

Thanks taniwha and sorry for the false alarm.

Something else I noticed: I [I]think [/I]this mod might be causing KSP to hang when you go to the VAB after using the Database | "Reload All" option from the ALT+F12 debug menu. Noticed it happening while trying to reload my UbioZur welded parts. Haven't investigated further yet. I realize that's a dangerous option, but it's a handy dangerous one and (surprisingly) most of my other mods aren't causing catastrophic effects from it (although GCmonitor is getting duplicated).

Edit: I may have jumped the gun on this one too. Will let you know if / when I can reliably reproduce it. Edited by Fwiffo

[B]Fwiffo[/B]: Hmm, I don't see why EE would cause a hang, but...

In any case, I would suggest that UbioZur needs to come up with a way of getting parts into the list without doing a reload, though I'm sure such will be fraught with much hair-pulling. Though it's not like I didn't pull a lot of hair getting EL to work :).