[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

I don't know if this is a personal problem or what, but none of the pods come with oxygen for me. And oxygen is being used at like 1000x the rate of other resources. (IE 1 orbit and I am almost out of oxygen while my food/water have only ticked down .02).

Anyone else having these issues?

I don't know if this is a personal problem or what, but none of the pods come with oxygen for me. And oxygen is being used at like 1000x the rate of other resources. (IE 1 orbit and I am almost out of oxygen while my food/water have only ticked down .02).

Anyone else having these issues?

Yes, I've been having the same issue since 0.24 came out. I'm on 64bit windows version. Have not been able to find a solution yet.

What version of TAC are you using?

Latest: 0.9.0.9. However I have a strong suspicion it's a mod conflict - I just reinstalled KSP afresh and only added TAC LS and it seems to be working. Going to try adding mods one by one to find out the conflict cause. Will report back after I found it.

Latest: 0.9.0.9. However I have a strong suspicion it's a mod conflict - I just reinstalled KSP afresh and only added TAC LS and it seems to be working. Going to try adding mods one by one to find out the conflict cause. Will report back after I found it.
I have a problem ;)

As soon as i leave the pod, also at the Launchpadm immeadetely the Message * Oxygen etc.. is depleted*

Any hints?

Yes, I think I have found the source of the incompatibility. Removing the Modular Fuel Tanks mod fixed it for me. Will have to look for a solution that'd let me keep both of these mods though...

Yes, I think I have found the source of the incompatibility. Removing the Modular Fuel Tanks mod fixed it for me. Will have to look for a solution that'd let me keep both of these mods though...

I don't have MFT, and still have that error. Any clues?

This is definetely a problem with MFT, but MFT is working fine for me on all other parts, probably the TAC configs for MFT being the cause

its the kspapi .dll that needs updating for mft probaly

did that manually, and MFT is working fine with fuel tanks, but not with life support equipment

edit: scratch that, MFT is not working, it initializes fuel tanks fine but doesn't let me modify them. Guess we need an update for MFT

Edited by Alvin853

hopely we get a updpate soon as realfuels long been updated for 24.2 but we still hanging here. have u tried putting the real fules kspapi into mft?

I took the KSPAPIExtensions.dll directly from the thread, which is the newest version available and works with all my mods that require it. So... blame MFT

I took the KSPAPIExtensions.dll directly from the thread, which is the newest version available and works with all my mods that require it. So... blame MFT

As I said a page ago, I'm getting this behaviour without MFT installed. This can't be MFT's fault.

That's fallacious thinking; I think we've proved MFT is a culprit, it does not rule out others.

I removed MFT and it resolved my issues. It's not a KSPAPIExtensions version problem either.

As I said a page ago, I'm getting this behaviour without MFT installed. This can't be MFT's fault.

Well, what behaviour are you getting? Without MFT you don't get configurable tanks, are you saying your oxygen tanks don't contain oxygen? Or no oxygen is added to pods? In 2nd case make sure your TAC Life Support and your Module Manager are up to date, and that any config files from previous versions are deleted.

Ok Ive skimmed through the posts about 3 times and I don't know is anyone else having EVA's not taking any supplies like they should. I EVA and everything is instantly depleted.

Never mind found it on 162 need to upgrade I was using deprecated link doh!

Edited by PalverZ

I tried yesterday to do a contract to save a kerbal lost in orbit and I saw some weird behaviour using TAC 0.9pre3

I managed to reach the poor kerbal after a few orbits. But as soon as I approached him I got the notifications that he "died" due to lack of everything... but when I got close he wasn't actually dead.. even if everything was depleted and managed to make him board my reentry module and land.

Is this a bug or is it intended?

In fact this got me thinking about the compatibility of this mod with some contracts.. if I have to save a kerbal lost in a even farther place it would not be possible to save it on time as he would be juts floating around in an EVA, and as far as I could see that's one of the ways you can get new kerbals for your missions.

Edited by oktav

I have a save game from 0.23.5, when I was playing with TACLS 0.8.

Now I updated to 0.24.2 and TACLS 0.9#3.

Can I manually fix my persistent.sfs save game so it will work with the new mod version? Because now Kerbals die of oxygen depletion as soon as I focus a manned spacecraft. I do not have the Modular Fuel Tanks mod.

Well, what behaviour are you getting? Without MFT you don't get configurable tanks, are you saying your oxygen tanks don't contain oxygen? Or no oxygen is added to pods? In 2nd case make sure your TAC Life Support and your Module Manager are up to date, and that any config files from previous versions are deleted.

I should know this but .... what is MFT?

Ah .. nm ... Modular Fuel Tanks

Edited by positivewun

When you updated TAC LS did you remove all the old files? There are some generated files in that folder, and if you keep the old ones around this may happen.

Another possibility is issues with other old mods that need updating. Modular Fuel Tanks and Universal Storage both seem to interact badly with TAC LS if they haven't been updated yet.

I tried yesterday to do a contract to save a kerbal lost in orbit and I saw some weird behaviour using TAC 0.9pre3

I managed to reach the poor kerbal after a few orbits. But as soon as I approached him I got the notifications that he "died" due to lack of everything... but when I got close he wasn't actually dead.. even if everything was depleted and managed to make him board my reentry module and land.

Is this a bug or is it intended?

In fact this got me thinking about the compatibility of this mod with some contracts.. if I have to save a kerbal lost in a even farther place it would not be possible to save it on time as he would be juts floating around in an EVA, and as far as I could see that's one of the ways you can get new kerbals for your missions.

Working as intended. The Kerbal to rescue doesn't have any life support supplies to begin with, but the first check by TAC is done when he gets into physics range while approaching him. At that moment the system registers his resources are depleted, but he can go a while without resources, in the standard config one hour. Only if you don't save him during that time he will die.

I have a save game from 0.23.5, when I was playing with TACLS 0.8.

Now I updated to 0.24.2 and TACLS 0.9#3.

Can I manually fix my persistent.sfs save game so it will work with the new mod version? Because now Kerbals die of oxygen depletion as soon as I focus a manned spacecraft. I do not have the Modular Fuel Tanks mod.

Delete your GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport\PluginData\TacLifeSupport\LifeSupport.cfg

The old mod stored the consumption per day in the settings, the new version does consumption per second, so instead of consuming 1 unit a day it's now consuming 1 unit of oxygen a second and depletes almost immediately. You don't need to do anything else, on the next launch the mod will find that there is no config and just create a new one with default values.

Unless you're having old ships that were created before TACLS 0.9, in that case the containers are probably of the wrong size and will run out quicker than intended.