[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

No i havent. I installed all from cero to play 0.24 and respective mods.

I have installed the following mods:

Please tell me that's not a screenshot of your actual GameData folder. If it is I'm amazed you're not having more problems.

Just a small comment with regards to TAC LS and rescue missions in 0.24:

Didn´t have expected that it would work so well together with this type of mission. Thanks to the fact that resource usage of the stranded Kerbals only begins when they get into physics range of your spaceship, you have enough time to get them on board.

Although it's not unrealistic. Taranis did the math, these are the resources based on the volumes of the containers you see.

"Did the math": Somehow, it doesn't seem that water for 27 days can fit into a teeny-tiny "life support" can. Maybe Kerbals drink less but then again, we don't know, do we?

Hey Taranis, I have a feature request:

- Could you please integrate TAC with the new (contracts) messaging system? It was said that it's fully moddable if I recall correctly.

But please only do this after fixing the ressource balance and other outstanding bugs ;)

"Did the math": Somehow, it doesn't seem that water for 27 days can fit into a teeny-tiny "life support" can. Maybe Kerbals drink less but then again, we don't know, do we?

Hey Taranis, I have a feature request:

- Could you please integrate TAC with the new (contracts) messaging system? It was said that it's fully moddable if I recall correctly.

But please only do this after fixing the ressource balance and other outstanding bugs ;)

Taranis is currently out for a few days. As far as the numbers are concerned, it's actually pretty complex - there are many sources from real space flights and studies on the ground, and Taranis has done a huge amount of work to combine that into a playable(!) mod for KSP. Here is the Google Doc with the numbers for 0.9 and links to resources: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aioc9ek3XAvwdGNsRlh3OVhlbTFBR3M4RW0zLUNTRFE&usp=sharing#gid=0

And TAC LS contracts sounds like a fun idea but I guess creating good scenarios and scripting them into the contract system may be a ridiculous amount of work. Could totally be something that other modders can do.

Taranis is currently out for a few days.
Good to know.
As far as the numbers are concerned, it's actually pretty complex - there are many sources from real space flights and studies on the ground, and Taranis has done a huge amount of work to combine that into a playable(!) mod for KSP. Here is the Google Doc with the numbers for 0.9 and links to resources: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aioc9ek3XAvwdGNsRlh3OVhlbTFBR3M4RW0zLUNTRFE&usp=sharing#gid=0

Wow, he did the math indeed. So I guess I don't have to feel like I'm cheating if I attach a tiny pod and can go for months?

And TAC LS contracts sounds like a fun idea but I guess creating good scenarios and scripting them into the contract system may be a ridiculous amount of work. Could totally be something that other modders can do.

His is not exactly what I meant. Although what you said would be cool, my suggestion simply concerns notifications! Instead of printing "Electric Charge is depleted!" in Green Letters over the screen, he could use the notification area in the upper right corner, which usually displays things like fulfilled contracts or Kerbals added to the roster. There are plugins that already do that.

A Kerbal is roughly 1/3 the size of a human, if you are basing your calculations on that Kobymaru.
I did not consider that, but the Google doc made it pretty clear.

I get no life support now for kerbals on eva nor in the command pods like it was for .23 and .23.5. Is the a "feature" of a bug? And, if it's a bug, is there a setting where I can fix it. I don't see the settings panel on the space center page anymore and can't see where I can make the setting changes in game. I can only do it by editing the config file. Using 64 bit KSP. The only other mods I have is Kerbal Alarm Clock and Kethane.

His is not exactly what I meant. Although what you said would be cool, my suggestion simply concerns notifications! Instead of printing "Electric Charge is depleted!" in Green Letters over the screen, he could use the notification area in the upper right corner, which usually displays things like fulfilled contracts or Kerbals added to the roster. There are plugins that already do that.

Great idea!

does too much waste do anything?

Yes, it gets thrown out of the spaceship and hits the next Kerbal who is on EVA :D

(well, actually no ... just gets thrown out of the spaceship)

when i go out on eva my kerbals resources are all deprived. I have resources in my pods but not on eva. I got the lasted version of tacls on .24. Any ideas on what im doing wrong

when i go out on eva my kerbals resources are all deprived. I have resources in my pods but not on eva. I got the lasted version of tacls on .24. Any ideas on what im doing wrong
I'm having same problem. TACLS v.9 on KSP .24.

When I EVA the Kerbals have no resources. Also noticed that there are no resource bars on the Kerbals when I right click on them.

Know bug, I already notified the author.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the cause / fix, so we'll have to wait for him to have some free time again :(

grats gotch u a prime candidit for why moders quite moding ksp. u have nearly 100% of your mods installed wrong

I dont understand. What i want to show, was the mods i have installed no how i installed.

In case anyone is wondering, I did the math and worked out the resource consumption per kerbal per day for a 24 hour day:

FOOD PER KERBAL PER DAY: 0.93
WATER PER KERBAL PER DAY: 1.79777464986
OXYGEN PER KERBAL PER DAY: 304.265535523
CO2 PRODUCED PER KERBAL PER DAY: 261.779310419
WASTE PRODUCED PER KERBAL PER DAY: 0.67416549367
WASTEWATER PRODUCED PER KERBAL PER DAY:1.97653065201
ELEC PER KERBAL PER DAY:1200

Edited by dlrk
mismultiplied

In case anyone is wondering, I did the math and worked out the resource consumption per kerbal per day for a 24 hour day:

FOOD PER KERBAL PER DAY: 22.4313246086
WATER PER KERBAL PER DAY: 1.79777464986
OXYGEN PER KERBAL PER DAY: 304.265535523
CO2 PRODUCED PER KERBAL PER DAY: 261.779310419
WASTE PRODUCED PER KERBAL PER DAY: 0.67416549367
WASTEWATER PRODUCED PER KERBAL PER DAY:1.97653065201
ELEC PER KERBAL PER DAY:1200

In what units? Also, what are your starting assumptions - like the mass/metabolism of a Kerbal compared to the mass/metabolism of a human? TaranisElsu has exhaustively documented his math and starting assumptions, with Kerbals using 25% of human values. The numbers are based on Nasa's Advanced Life Support Baseline Assumptions document, which is the most recent publicly-accessible document with human values based on the actual space programs of NASA, ESA and RSA. There's certainly room for alternative interpretations, and the mod allows one to input one's own values in terms of liters/second of consumption - if you're advocating others use your numbers, it would be helpful to have those figures in units of L/s.