[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

On a side note: if you get a misson to "Rescue X Kerbal from orbit" it's prolly a good idea to disable lifesupport mods before attempting this, as the EVA lifesupport doesn't seem to last nog enough to intercept a 100km Kerbin orbit. >_<

On a side note: if you get a misson to "Rescue X Kerbal from orbit" it's prolly a good idea to disable lifesupport mods before attempting this, as the EVA lifesupport doesn't seem to last nog enough to intercept a 100km Kerbin orbit. >_<

u dont need to life support for the kerbal wotn kick in till u get within 2.5km

u dont need to life support for the kerbal wotn kick in till u get within 2.5km

then something else messed up 'caue once i got 2.5k from him it alerted that all his stuff was depleted and i couldn't switch to the kerbal to have him get on board the rescue ship.

So... does anyone know where these new resource usage rates come from?

I'm totally fine with the change in the definition of a "unit"... but the numbers seem completely random and ridiculously precise. I mean... couldn't they at least be rounded off? Why 304.26.... liters of oxygen per day rather than 300? Or at least 0.0035 L/s rather than 0.003521591846326 L/s?

Considering how overprecise these numbers are, I'm guessing they came from somewhere (and just didn't bother to round the results). Anyone know where?

I'm probably going to edit my .cfg file because these numbers don't make sense. I don't want to have to pull up a reference sheet and a calculator to figure how many resources I need for a mission. I need some round numbers that I can work with more easily. Anyways... Just curious where these came from.

So... does anyone know where these new resource usage rates come from?

I'm totally fine with the change in the definition of a "unit"... but the numbers seem completely random and ridiculously precise. I mean... couldn't they at least be rounded off? Why 304.26.... liters of oxygen per day rather than 300? Or at least 0.0035 L/s rather than 0.003521591846326 L/s?

Considering how overprecise these numbers are, I'm guessing they came from somewhere (and just didn't bother to round the results). Anyone know where?

I'm probably going to edit my .cfg file because these numbers don't make sense. I don't want to have to pull up a reference sheet and a calculator to figure how many resources I need for a mission. I need some round numbers that I can work with more easily. Anyways... Just curious where these came from.

Here you go: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aioc9ek3XAvwdGNsRlh3OVhlbTFBR3M4RW0zLUNTRFE&usp=sharing#gid=0

Taranis has spent quite some time trying to make sense of several papers on the subject. The whole idea is that these numbers are now based on real consumption patterns and real resource volumes/weights. This allows TAC to integrate with several other large mods for very realistic gameplay.

...Or you can just stick a large life support container on your ships and be happy with that. TAC now supports both play styles. :-)

I seem to be having a problem with my radially attached Hex pods detaching from my rocket during ascent (even behind a fairing). I have tried to hold them all together with struts and they still all detach at the same time. I'll keep looking at it, but does anyone have any idea? This has kind of restricted me to mun activities only if i only want to use the hex pods.

I have a weird issue, probably with TAC 0.9 on 64 bit.

First I thought it was B9, I added some B9 parts: cargo bay, fuel and crew compartment for an spaceplane, this sometimes crached the game during testing in sandbox, moving to career space plane hangar, fill up with crew and launch, game crashes. restart and I could not recover on runway as game crashed.

Restored a save 24 hours back, removed all the B9 parts game now crash if I add and then move and pod or probe in VAB, this is also true in a new career game, however sandbox works well and if I go to career afterwards stuff work.

then something else messed up 'caue once i got 2.5k from him it alerted that all his stuff was depleted and i couldn't switch to the kerbal to have him get on board the rescue ship.

That's kind of part of the challenge for using TAC and rescue missions; You have to be able to close the gap between the vessel and the Kerbal quick enough before their EVA suit gets too polluted with waste. I've had no problems getting this mission done with TAC, even on the first try.

I seem to be having a problem with my radially attached Hex pods detaching from my rocket during ascent (even behind a fairing). I have tried to hold them all together with struts and they still all detach at the same time. I'll keep looking at it, but does anyone have any idea? This has kind of restricted me to mun activities only if i only want to use the hex pods.

Figured out it was FAR causing the issue. Not sure why. The FAR indicates aerodynamic failure. If I turn off aerodynamic failure, then they don't fall off. Also, at the time they fall off, they are at like 20kN drag force, and everything else is much smaller. What is odd, is even the shielded pods fall off... The unshielded hex can drag Cd is like 0.65

Hello,

Why there is no reasy option to swith to 6 hours day consumption rates.

Please do include this config in main post or even in dowload itself. TY.

Edited by Meltafire
find info abou deltas

Hello,

Why there is no reasy option to swith to 6 hours day consumption rates.

Please do include this config in main post or even in dowload itself. TY.

This is already being done in the next release. In fact, it is in the pre-release that can be found at the top of the OP.

This mod is hanging on 64bit linux binary. I managed to replicate the issue on a new unmodded client. I tailed the unity log and it says :

Config(PART) ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupportHexCans/HexCanDrinkingWater/NormalWater/HexCanDrinkingWater

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at UrlDir+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameDatabase+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: 4294967295)

I appear to be having the issue were all kerbals have zero supplies in EVA, I saw the bug posted later back a few pages back. Did anyone come up with a workaround or solution? My search appeared fruitless :P I have the mod disabled till till i find a solution (though im engineering all my missions with tons of Life support for when i get it figured out lol

I appear to be having the issue were all kerbals have zero supplies in EVA, I saw the bug posted later back a few pages back. Did anyone come up with a workaround or solution? My search appeared fruitless :P I have the mod disabled till till i find a solution (though im engineering all my missions with tons of Life support for when i get it figured out lol

Are you using the the 64 bit version of 0.24? I'm on a Mac (so 32 bit) with the TAC LS .9 patch 3 release and I've done multiple EVAs in various conditions, all the Kerbals had life support resources.

same issue here, x64 windows. i'm assuming same? i'm going to go through the config but this feels like something else.

Are you using the the 64 bit version of 0.24? I'm on a Mac (so 32 bit) with the TAC LS .9 patch 3 release and I've done multiple EVAs in various conditions, all the Kerbals had life support resources.

Nope, im using the 32bit windows version, (i know i had this same bug when i was using the 64bit version. I went back to 32bit, deleted TACLS, and reinstalled. still no resourses. :(

If i use ur latest experimental (3) the container parts (including hex) dont show up. They show up in the r&d as owned and i checked the gamedata files. They just dont show up when building stuff. The only parts i can use are the Filters.

The rest of the mod (consumption and ressources from pods and eva) runs fine and stable without crashes and bugs in 64 and 32bit.

Do i need to install something additional to tac ls? Did i miss something?

btw just tried out the previous version from the first page and that works fine with 0.24.2 ksp on 64 bit. Every part shows up as its supposed to :)

Edited by prophet_01
additional info

Looked for this but didnt find it specifically, a basic question but, you have to use 2 hex cans one for supplies and one for waste. correct?

Nope ... the container for supplies still is double used as container for waste.

Also as long as you don´t use recycling, it doesn´t matter nevertheless ... any waste that wouldn´t fit into the container would be vented into space

Ok everything was working fine yesterday, but today I launched a ship and after landing I can no longer retrieve Jeb or the ship (the ship might have been a separate issue though). I decided to close the game and restart it in the hopes that it might have just been bugged and doing that would fix, but same result of not being able to recover Jeb. Reboot the whole computer and again same result. So I open up the log while loading into the game and I see this:

Tac.AddLifeSupport[5905E740][43.91]: The expected exception is still happening when adding the Life Support part module to the EVA: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Part.AddModule (System.String moduleName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Tac.AddLifeSupport.EvaAddPartModule (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I uninstalled the part I thought might be causing the conflict, but still the same thing. I also notice when I EVA'ed Jeb out it said in yellow warning text "Error - EmptyEvaSuit-Cannot find VesselInffo for ....". Give me a bit and I will render up that section of video to show what I did.

Now Jeb is back on the on my list of available crew AND still out where he landed in this video.

http://youtu.be/niDhvPMx6-Y

Edited by Liowen