[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

thats a known error message that doesnt hurt anything. u need to give more info as what u where doing when crashed, what version and what system u on aka 32x 64x.

also on the rescue a kerbal they dont get added to tac till u within 2.5km

Is there a way to turn life support off when it's not in use? I have this mod called Cryocabin that provides a crew can that allows the Kerbals to go into cryosleep. This will allow me to just need life support for the month that the ship is at the planet, as opposed to needing it for the entire trip.

What i was doing when it crashed was to try to load my savegame (which all times had only a few unmanned probes in orbit with very basic low tech parts). 0.24.2 64bit

It's happened about 5 times now with different savegames.

When not having TAC installed, it doesn't happen.

Sorry, but I am still not having anywhere near the issues that some of you seem to be having. Everything seems to be working okay (for the limited amount that I have been able to test it). You all are also not giving me enough information to be able to help. I can't do anything with "It doesn't work" or "it crashes". I need the entire log file. That reveals a lot about what happened, what happened before that, what mods you are running, and what OS you use including 32-bit vs 64-bit.

So....

I just posted a new pre-release, version 0.4 pre4. Please download that and see if it helps.

And please read my new wiki, https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport/wiki :). I created an Installation Tutorial and a Help page. Please follow the directions on those pages and let me know what issues remain. And please, please, please follow the directions on the Help page where it says to upload a copy of your complete log file.

"Help me, help you." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGt5f70K02Q#t=23

Changes

• Added an InstallChecker based on the one Majiir made for Kethane
  • Tweaked the defaults for the max time without.

Warnings:

* This release is not compatible with version 0.8 and before.

For modular fuel tanks, I edited this config to even out life support distribution so each resource lasts about the same amount of time, accurate to a few seconds.

It replaces TankDefinitions.cfg under ThunderAerospace/TACLifeSupportMFT/ and it doesn't change consumption rates, it just changes the percentages of a Life Support tank that's given to each resource.

Edit: Removed because last update seems to have also changed consumption rates, I think.

Edited by Nerezza

What i was doing when it crashed was to try to load my savegame (which all times had only a few unmanned probes in orbit with very basic low tech parts). 0.24.2 64bit

It's happened about 5 times now with different savegames.

When not having TAC installed, it doesn't happen.

My thoughts would be go back to 32bit, x64 has alot of issues and the biggest issue right now is that it throws useless access violation errors that don't have any specifics....

Darn it Taranis, I spent a couple hours last night trying to remember algebra so I could get ratios for MFT and not even a day later you fix it in an update!

Serious note though: I'm assuming your maxTimeWithouts are in seconds, and after doing the math a Kerbal can go without food for 60 Kerbin days, water for 6 Kerbin days, and oxygen or electricity for 2 hours. The last three seem reasonable, but food seems a bit much still.

Can I disable the phone home stuff you added? I don't want that at all.

It doesn't look like it's calling home. It looks like it's just checking the the path to DLL is correct, ensuring Module Manager is installed and deletes an old 0.8 MM cfg.

Can I disable the phone home stuff you added? I don't want that at all.

It is not phoning home. There is no update check. Nor a stat gathering. Not anything like that there at all.

All that it does is check the paths where the DLL is located, makes sure that ModuleManager is present, and deletes a config file from the previous version. As @somnambulist said. He much have checked the code :). Except that I just noticed that I forgot to put in a method call to CleanupOldVersion(). LOL.

Warning: Please delete {KSP}/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacLifeSupport/StockPartChanges.cfg if it is there. It has the potential to mess things up.

And if you saw the warning message on the Main Menu, then you did not install it correctly. Please read and follow the new Installation Tutorial.

I have thought about putting in an update check, but it would be completely OPTIONAL and you would have to opt-in in the settings window in the Space Center scene. Or I could make a .version file and allow you to use the KSP-AVC plugin by cybutek or the KSP-AVC python script by Tyrope, if you so desire. I just need to figure out where to host the .version file because I do not believe that it belongs in my Github repository because I would have to make an extra commit to update the version number...

A small comment/suggestion: your MM_AddResources.cfg covers command pods with up to a crew capacity of 6. The Taurus HCV mod (which I use) has a 3.75m capsule with a crew capacity of 7. It was easy enough for me to add another patch to cover it, but you might want to add that to your distribution as well. I can't think of any other command pods with larger crew capacity, so that seems like a good stopping point.

Yeah its difficult to say exactly what the reason is, as an end user the only thing i'm seeing is that when i remove TAC, i'm not getting the crash-on-loading-savegame issue (ofc a new fresh savegame after each mod change, just to make sure its not an issue with old incompatible saves.) The same kinda crash that happens if you use the TechTreeLoader on 64bit where it crashes before the counter in the top changes from 00000 to shows your funds, science points etc.

I'm using Win 7 64bit, ksp 64bit (also happened in 32bit), with the following mods all updated as much as can be, only keeping the latest .dll's in my modfolders (Firespitter etc), no obvious issues.

ActiveTextureManagement-Release-basic-x64
Airbags_0.1.3
ALCOR_Capsule_0.9
AlignedCurrency-1.1
AlternateResourcePanel_2.5.0.0
bahaELpartsv1.2
Chatterer_0.5.9.4_x64
ConnectedLivingSpaces_1.0.8.0
CustomAsteroids_v1.0.0 (custom spawner disabled)
CustomBiomes_1_6_5 (same error without this mod)
DeadlyReentryCont_v5.2
DeployableLight-01_6
DistantObject_1.3.1 (vessel and debris flares disabled)
DMagic Orbital Science v0_8_2
DockingPortAlignment_4.0
EditorPartHighlighter
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-7-3
Extraplanetary_Launchpads_v4.2.3
FinalFrontier0.5.6
Firespitter_634
Fusebox_1.0
Habitat Pack
HOME2
HotRockets_7.24_Nazari
InfernalRobotics0.18.3
Karbonite-0.0.12
KAS_64bit_24_2-Hotfix
KAS_v0_4_7
Kerbin Cup
KerbQuake1.21
Klockheed_Martian_2.0.1
Klockheed_Martian_CoolRockets_2.0.1
KSPRC_v01.515
MechJeb2-2.3.1.0
MKS_0.19.3
ModuleManager-2.2.1
Neophytes_Elementary_Aerodynamics_Replacement-v1.1.1
PartCatalog3.0_RC5
ProceduralDynamics0.8
ProcFairings_3.08
RCSBuildAid_v0.4.6
RealChute v1.2.3
SCANsat.v6.1
ScienceAlert-1.7.1
Service_Compartment_Tubes
ShipManifest_24_0_3_3_1
SoundtrackEditorV2.1
StackInlineLightsRGB-v0_6
TarsierSpaceTech 4.2 BETA
TextureReplacer-1.6.1
Toolbar-1.7.6
TweakScale_1.34
UniversalStorage_Core-0.75.3
UniversalStorage_KAS-0.75.3
UniversalStorage_PartCatalog
VNG-Plugin_0_7_2

Hello!

A question about the resource costs in the newest version of TAC: why are they set the way they are? It seems that they account for very minuscule costs compared to the containers. Why not make the containers cheaper but make the resources account for a large portion of the cost? Also when I tried to edit this in myself, I noticed that the large medium and small resource containers have different per unit costs. Why is this?

thank you

Hello!

A question about the resource costs in the newest version of TAC: why are they set the way they are? It seems that they account for very minuscule costs compared to the containers. Why not make the containers cheaper but make the resources account for a large portion of the cost? Also when I tried to edit this in myself, I noticed that the large medium and small resource containers have different per unit costs. Why is this?

thank you

I have not set the prices for the parts yet, so I expect they would not make sense. That is on my list before the full release. SoonTM.

I have not set the prices for the parts yet, so I expect they would not make sense. That is on my list before the full release. SoonTM.

Ahh the dreaded "Soon" lol But seriously thanks for all the work done on this mod. It's one of my essentials