[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

The MunSeeker greenhouses now support TAC LS 0.9 - see the details here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84246-0-24-MunSeeker-Greenhouses-%28TAC-Life-Support-0-9-add-on%29-Update-July-19-2014

Please note that I've also increased the electricity consumption for the two greenhouses by quite a bit. I want there to be a serious challenge to supply a team of Kerbals off-planet, not just a little solar panel stuck to the side of the base. :)

only bug i know right now is the gui bug. posted the error message earlier if u want to see it.

If you are running Universal Storage there is an update that ends the conflict, there was something conflicting between the two mods but it seems sorted now. If it is something else you could try trail and error with remove all mods except TAC, then one at a time add in mods until you find where the conflict is in the mods. Hope this helps some.

Also TaranisElsu thank you for helping, and I am sorry I couldn't get back to you with the log file I had a ton of 502 errors on the site last night. Now I wish I would have used TAC when I first started KSP, it gives more meaning to the Kerbals. Thank you again for all your work, and to the other modders as well.

Now I wish I would have used TAC when I first started KSP, it gives more meaning to the Kerbals. Thank you again for all your work, and to the other modders as well.

Ditto! TaranisElsu, thanks for the great work!

Soo... 0.24 May end up being the last update I can use this mod. Either that, or I just outright avoid rescue quests. I had alot of fun with it in the past, but the quests/missions to rescue stranded Kerbals becomes much more difficult with this mod installed. Maybe it's an issue with me just not being a good enough player, but it was disappointing to get to the kerbal only to find out they ran out of electric charge and couldn't even manually fire their suit packs to get on board my ship. xD

x64 here, using the same version of TAC LS, and i'm not seeing the lag problem you are referring to.

I had lag on launch with Tac and the new scansat build. The brand new one. I reverted back to the old one and the lag was gone on a fresh ship. I have a bunch of mods installed but I tried it out with only those two versions of scansat

I had that lag issue as well. I thought ScanSat was the cause since it was my most recently added mod but when I deleted it and loaded the game, the issue remained. It may be TAC's new build causing it? Yet, after I rebuilt my rocket, it went away. So who knows. Was really weird.

However, I cannot get the new version of TAC to work properly. It says it's installed. But something isn't working correctly. It'll pop up at the beginning and tell me that it's installed and ask if I want to use it (through the radio buttons) and I'll close it out. But it comes back every time I'm on the KSC screen and I have to close it out again. What's more, only food is recognized as a resource with no bars for water or oxygen. There are bars for the waste product, but they don't move nor does the food meter (even after being gone for several days with no added life support modules). This is a very perplexing and finicky mod. Followed the install instructions (deleting the old install, didn't use it when I switched over to 0.24, etc.) but still borked.

Edited by Shiv

I had that lag issue as well. I thought ScanSat was the cause since it was my most recently added mod but when I deleted it and loaded the game, the issue remained. It may be TAC's new build causing it? Yet, after I rebuilt my rocket, it went away. So who knows. Was really weird.

However, I cannot get the new version of TAC to work properly. It says it's installed. But something isn't working correctly. It'll pop up at the beginning and tell me that it's installed and ask if I want to use it (through the radio buttons) and I'll close it out. But it comes back every time I'm on the KSC screen and I have to close it out again. What's more, only food is recognized as a resource with no bars for water or oxygen. There are bars for the waste product, but they don't move nor does the food meter (even after being gone for several days with no added life support modules). This is a very perplexing and finicky mod. Followed the install instructions (deleting the old install, didn't use it when I switched over to 0.24, etc.) but still borked.

That's a bug with US containers... mentioned earlier in the thread.

On the flights I did, the lag Did stay around on vessels that were still loaded (still at the launchpad). But reloaded the craft from the VAB had no lag.

At least on my current setup.

Why did you change the old way of life support which meant that 1 "unit" means 1 day of life support? could you change it back or make it optional since that made it much easier to use and was one of the reasons i liked this mod so much against other life support mods

Why did you change the old way of life support which meant that 1 "unit" means 1 day of life support? could you change it back or make it optional since that made it much easier to use and was one of the reasons i liked this mod so much against other life support mods

This is the result of lengthy discussions to make this mod more compatible to other mods, which mostly use real-world-like units (e.g. liters).

Hi all,

so I test the new version and WTF ?!?!? wy the hell the containers are separated, now I have to add life support and trash separated.

I have part count to consider.

Best regards

PS, when I send you the PM was to add a trash can not separate the containers

Edited by custume

Hi all,

so I test the new version and WTF ?!?!? wy the hell the containers are separated, now I have to add life support and trash separated.

I have part count to consider.

Best regards

PS, when I send you the PM was to add a trash can not separate the containers

I was curious about this as well, but the recycling units both hold some of the waste resources that they each need. So really, if you want to save mass and you don't need a reserve of waste resources to recycle, you're better off this way. I just deleted the waste containers myself.

wy the hell the containers are separated, now I have to add life support and trash separated.

This is really up to you - if you don't include waste containers, waste products will be silently vented into space, so if part count is the main concern, just do that.

But TAC LS supports different play styles. If you want to recycle resources with the water filters or something like my greenhouses, then you will have to bring containers to store waste products.

TAC LS is a pretty complex mod that now also supports real-world units and allows for a deep simulation of a long-duration space flight, but it is still pretty easy to just bring one large life support container and nothing else and be good for typical 30-100 day missions with a bunch of Kerbals.

RE the "unit" of life support vs. "litre" or other, more specific unit...

The "1 unit = 1 day" method is, as noted, a simple method, probably the simplest, to go about this. However, not much really changes in regards to complexity. You just need to know how many litres (to use the previous example) each Kerbal uses per day, multiply that number by your kerbal count (just like you would with "units"), and divide your total life support by that number. That gives you the totals of what you have on board. Or, you could just use the build aid :D

I actually like the real-world measurements. I'm just glad the Litre is used, as opposed to the US-specific "minim", equivalent to ~1 drop or 0.95 grains of water :P

Now, back to the reason I came over here to start with... if I am understanding correctly, 0.9 is *NOT* compatible with 0.24 X64, but 0.8 is? I hope so, I want to kill mo.... see how long I can keep some Kerbals alive for!

My Kerbals do not seem to be breathing-- the monitor shows Oxy levels are not going down like the others LS supplies.

if u in a oxy enviroment they wont use oxy

Is it me or is the Oxygen now gone from all containers/pods? Like, not empty, just gone...

Are you using the MFT version of TAC? MFT is not yet updated for .24 and quite buggy, so I guess stick to the regular containers for now

I have a strange major bug with TAC life support. It happens with 32 and 64 bit KSP. When I do an EVA, the kerbal leaves the vessel but it doesn't automatically switch to him and I need to use the [ bracket to switch to him. Not only this, when I try to re-enter the vessel, it won't work because it says the vessel is full. When I then switch to the vessel, a perfect duplicate of the Kerbal is inside it and with whom I can leave the vessel as well, resulting in having 2 identical kerbals outside the vessel. But when I re-enter the vessel with one of them, he dissappears in the vessel as if he would have never been there. When I then use the remaining kerbal to enter the vessel, it tells me again that the vessel is full. Any ideas? When I delete TAC it works. I also deleted my customer greenskull spacesuits to see if that makes a change but it doesn't. Not sure what other mod could cause it or if it is a general issue. I have so many mods so it would take too long to test it out every other mod.

Edit: by the way I use the latest version Pre-release #3 of v0.9 from TAC

Edited by morph113

I have a strange major bug with TAC life support. It happens with 32 and 64 bit KSP. When I do an EVA, the kerbal leaves the vessel but it doesn't automatically switch to him and I need to use the [ bracket to switch to him. Not only this, when I try to re-enter the vessel, it won't work because it says the vessel is full. When I then switch to the vessel, a perfect duplicate of the Kerbal is inside it and with whom I can leave the vessel as well, resulting in having 2 identical kerbals outside the vessel. But when I re-enter the vessel with one of them, he dissappears in the vessel as if he would have never been there. When I then use the remaining kerbal to enter the vessel, it tells me again that the vessel is full. Any ideas? When I delete TAC it works. I also deleted my customer greenskull spacesuits to see if that makes a change but it doesn't. Not sure what other mod could cause it or if it is a general issue. I have so many mods so it would take too long to test it out every other mod.

Edit: by the way I use the latest version Pre-release #3 of v0.9 from TAC

If you have Universal Storage mod you need to update it, this should fix the error.