[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

It seems with the pre-release in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of 0.24, TAC parts cause my larger ships to lag a ridiculous amount (like sub-1 fps, compared to the 40-60 I get launching them normally). I've tried whittling down my mods and it's only when I have KSP running without TAC installed that I lose that lag; I even get it when I have TAC installed but don't have TAC-specific parts on my ship.

I'm using version 0.9 pre-release 3.

x64 here, using the same version of TAC LS, and i'm not seeing the lag problem you are referring to.

To add to the above here is what I got about the EVA (I think).

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: path2

at System.IO.Path.Combine (System.String path1, System.String path2) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSP.IO.IOUtils.GetFilePathFor (System.Type T, System.String file, .Vessel flight) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSP.IO.File.Exists[TacLifeSupport] (System.String filename, .Vessel flight) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Tac.SpaceCenterManager[FFEF832E][66.09]: Start, new game = True

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Tac.SpaceCenterManager[FFEF832E][66.09]: New save detected!

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Tac.AddLifeSupport[85B34A40][66.09]: Constructor

Tac.AddLifeSupport[85B34A40][66.09]: run

Tac.AddLifeSupport[85B34A40][66.09]: Adding resources to kerbalEVA/

Tac.AddLifeSupport[85B34A40][66.09]: The expected exception is still happening when adding the Life Support part module to the EVA: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Part.AddModule (System.String moduleName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Tac.AddLifeSupport.EvaAddPartModule (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Im getting the same issues as Admiral Tigerclaw as well.

In addition, all the life support parts (and pods that are configed with TAC) are showing no Oxygen or Water, only food. The TAC Coverts are showing no outputs as well, waste. In the process of uploading log file. now.

EDIT: I believe the no oxy or water issue is a mod conflict, at least when i installed the latest tac on a clean install with only it and Modulal Manager, the resources showed up fine (though the issue above still persists.

this is US error in the module manager config you need to change it to this

//	Universal Storage Module Manage Config File 0.7
// Core Pack

// *******************************************************
// This adds the three resources required by Universal Storage
// It also renames duplicate resources from other mods to prevent duplicates
// Resource Definition

// Creates the Oxygen resource
// Mol: O2
// State: Gas at STP
// Units: Liter
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Oxygen
density = 0.000001429
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
tag = USOxygen
}

// Renames other resources called Oxygen
//@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Oxygen]:HAS[~tag[USOxygen]]
// {
// @name = OxygenDELETED
// }
//
// Creates the Hydrogen resource
// Mol: H2
// State: Gas at STP
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Hydrogen
density = 0.0000000899
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
tag = USHydrogen
}

// Renames other resources called Hydrogen
//@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Hydrogen]:HAS[~tag[USHydrogen]]
// {
// @name = HydrogenDELETED
// }
//
// Creates the Water resource
// Mol: H2O
// State: Liquid at STP
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Water
density = 0.001
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
tag = USWater
}

// Renames other resources called Water
//@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Water]:HAS[~tag[USWater]]
// {
// @name = WaterDELETED
// }

weird bug only happens in .24 works fine in .23.5

No problem. Was driving me nuts for a while too, because technically there is nothing wrong with the config. But it deletes all oxygen all hydrogen and all water for some reason. It should leave its own definition alone. Might be a bug with module manager in .24 because as I said this works in .23.5

Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ak2oarltt2dqwlw/output_log.txt

I saw that there were a bunch of FAR-related errors on there so I upgraded FAR to no avail, but then I tried running KSP without FAR and the lag went away. The lag only shows up when TAC 0.9pre 3 and the latest FAR are running side-by-side.

I was told that you should go read the FAR OP and post this over there with more information. Most likely not an issue in TACLS.

Ok I installed the latest version but have run into somewhat of an issue. When I go to enable TAC on the save I start with this screen here....
Taranis, I am getting the same UI bug as Liowen.

Same here. The bug performs exactly as Liowen's. Log file here.

I have conflict with real fuels mod, after instalation all tanks have full load oxydiser and i cannot change fuel

Edit: My apologize, this hapen becose new Infernal Robotic, not this mod, i forgot uninstal it

Edited by Gobur

here is the error it gives its a gui error

[EXC 09:44:57.082] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 09:44:57.093] ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.Repaint

happens anytime u hit one of the buttons for the start screen for tac. once u go to another screen it clears the error but reappear if u hit the button again

Is TAC LS updated to the new days of Kerbin?

1 Sidereal Day is now exactly 5h 59m 1s (time needed to turn 360° around its own axis)

1 Solor Day is now exactly 6 hours long (time needed from noon to noon)

So are the new storage capacities based on how much of a given resource should be able to fit within the dimensions of the various containers? Because having the single-resource containers being balanced against each other neither for mass nor the duration of their supplies is just kinda weird. But I guess I get it if it was supposed to be more realistic.

Is there some type of dashboard included that gives you information on your LS burn rate so you know how much time you have left on your various LS supplies?

On the toolbar there is a fork and knife and when you click it it will show how long of a supply of each resource in days, hours, minutes, seconds. The electric charge I found is how long you can go without the sun before running out of charge.

On the toolbar there is a fork and knife and when you click it it will show how long of a supply of each resource in days, hours, minutes, seconds. The electric charge I found is how long you can go without the sun before running out of charge.

Sweet, thanks for the help!

When I use the latest version, may game acts as though there is no such thing as a "Water" or "Oxygen" resource. Parts will register space for Food, WasteWater, Waste, CarbonDioxide.

I know it says in the known issues: "The resource amounts sometimes do not show up in the VAB/SPH. They will show once you move to the launchpad or runway."

However, I still do not have these show up after launching, regardless of in space or otherwise. I have tried deleting and re-installing mod with no success.

Using chatterer, kerbal alarm clock, MechJeb2, US, and 000toolbar.

::EDIT::

Nevermind, it was Universal Storage Mod.

Edited by Holyvision

Sorry to be stupid, but is there a configuration file where I can set it so Kerbals are "invincible"? I'd like to use Modular Kolonization System, and that requires TAC LS; I'm the type of player that just likes to play a [somewhat] relaxing game.

Don't get me wrong, I love your work and with the new textures it looks better than ever! I'd just like to play with MKS and TAC while still having that relaxed feel to KSP. Cheers :)

Sorry to be stupid, but is there a configuration file where I can set it so Kerbals are "invincible"? I'd like to use Modular Kolonization System, and that requires TAC LS; I'm the type of player that just likes to play a [somewhat] relaxing game.

Don't get me wrong, I love your work and with the new textures it looks better than ever! I'd just like to play with MKS and TAC while still having that relaxed feel to KSP. Cheers :)

You could just set the max amount to whatever you want to extend the amount of life support, something 9999999999 should be longer than any mission you would ever do i guess.