(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

As an update to my still Moderator-Check-Pending post, here's 3 screenshots I took of the Orbital Research.

Active research ~ 6H+ (which is more than 1 Kerbin Day) 93hTO.jpg

23h 59m - which is almost 1 normal Day ...

93hY3.jpg

And 24h+ , which is one actual day, which just reverts time to 0 and makes it impossible to complete the mission:

93i1m.jpg

I have what seems a quirk with missions with optional objectives. Sorry in case this was already shown, but I couldn't find.

It is now happening with mission Kiana I (Kerbin SOI missions pack), and happened already with another in the same pack, If I recall correctly was Keres III.

Each time I send a Kerbal on EVA, seems like that Kerbal counts against the optional objective being met. My MCE .sp file is spammed with partial objectives met:

GoalStatus
{
id = Kiana I__PART1
vesselGuid = 353bcd92-da96-4b5c-82e7-01b8f3787f21
repeatable = False
}
GoalStatus
{
id = Kiana I__PART2
repeatable = False
}
GoalStatus
{
id = Kiana I__PART1
vesselGuid = 38ec9ba0-0d75-4ce8-99cd-7b8c7e9c839b
repeatable = False
}
GoalStatus
{
id = Kiana I__PART2
repeatable = False
}
GoalStatus
{
id = Kiana I__PART1
vesselGuid = 2c46b5a3-f863-45a1-a5b2-48c419ba75b8
repeatable = False
}
GoalStatus
{
id = Kiana I__PART2
repeatable = False
}
GoalStatus
{
id = Kiana I__PART1
vesselGuid = aac17f27-f08c-4406-810a-1cc3d15e3d0a
repeatable = False
}
GoalStatus
{
id = Kiana I__PART2
repeatable = False
}

The real vessel has the ID as in the first couple of those GoalStatus entries, all the others seems to be tied to the "Vessel ID" from the EVA'd Kerbal (that is renewed each time, so even if the condition repeatable is = False, still fires). To my knowledge, that works because the optional goal is coded this way:

ResourceGoal
{
description = Jettison all fuel aboard the vessel.
optional = true
reward = 30000
name = LiquidFuel
maxAmount = 0
}

and LiquidFuel=0 is true for any EVA'd Kerbal.

Nice way to collect money easily, but if abused kind of defeats the purpose of the mod (so, I edit the .sp file to take all that easy money out).

I have what seems a quirk with missions with optional objectives. Sorry in case this was already shown, but I couldn't find.

It is now happening with mission Kiana I (Kerbin SOI missions pack), and happened already with another in the same pack, If I recall correctly was Keres III.

Each time I send a Kerbal on EVA, seems like that Kerbal counts against the optional objective being met. My MCE .sp file is spammed with partial objectives met:

GoalStatus
{
id = Kiana I__PART1
repeatable = False
}
GoalStatus
{
id = Kiana I__PART2
repeatable = False
}
GoalStatus
{
id = Kiana I__PART1
repeatable = False
}
GoalStatus
{
id = Kiana I__PART2
repeatable = False
}
GoalStatus
{
id = Kiana I__PART1
repeatable = False
}
GoalStatus
{
id = Kiana I__PART2
repeatable = False
}
GoalStatus
{
id = Kiana I__PART1
repeatable = False
}
GoalStatus
{
id = Kiana I__PART2
repeatable = False
}

The real vessel has the ID as in the first couple of those GoalStatus entries, all the others seems to be tied to the "Vessel ID" from the EVA'd Kerbal (that is renewed each time, so even if the condition repeatable is = False, still fires). To my knowledge, that works because the optional goal is coded this way:

ResourceGoal
{
description = Jettison all fuel aboard the vessel.
optional = true
reward = 30000
name = LiquidFuel
maxAmount = 0
}

and LiquidFuel=0 is true for any EVA'd Kerbal.

Nice way to collect money easily, but if abused kind of defeats the purpose of the mod (so, I edit the .sp file to take all that easy money out).

Its a limitation of code, when you go into EVA your kerbal actually counts as a completely new vessel in Kerbal Space Program. Most of the time it does not effect things, but other times like the mission you listed it causes problems with getting double payments and objectives. Not much I can do about it right now, since kerbals are vessels and MCE is in reality not doing anything wrong. The only way I could get rid of this is to ban EVA kerbals, and that would cause issues with EVA missions. Until kerbals count as something other then a vessel its going to be the way it is.

Pretty sure that KSP does have a Is EVA bool, kinda like the is flight and is editor. I will see if maybe I can add something with this that might help in this situation.

Update for .69. I managed to fix this, it took a hell of a lot of testing, and pulling of my hair. But I managed to make the game basically Reject any type of EVA as mission objective acceptable. Only objection to this new rule is when the mission calls for an EVA or Undocking or Docking. Seems to work. :)

Edited by malkuth

I must say I'm quite surprised that the "Known Issues" section had so few entries.

I tested the mod yesterday and I noticed that various things did not work and made playing impossible.

1st. After researching "Recycling" for 300 Science and clicking "Recover Vessel" - you don't get a s*t back. Instead you get to pay the whole rocket all over just to make a tiny adjustment like updating the Action Groups or adding Fuel Lines.

2nd. When taking the Contract to Orbit around Minmus and perform orbital Research for 1 Day --- I went into correct orbit around minmus, started the "Orbital Research Box" Research and the counter started counting. I accelerated time --- it went Past 6H (1 Kerbin Day) --- and past 23:59 hours after which it returned to 0 and turned red again.

In short: Research missions are impossible to complete. Another batch of money wasted.

3rd. Taking another mission which was to Orbit around a certain body... well, the body I had to orbit around was no other than "none". Meaning it is impossible to complete the mission due to the fact that its not possible to orbit around "Nothing" as you'd always orbit around the sun at least. (leaving the orbit of the sun would take 14 years and I think the vessel would simply disappear in that event)

Overall I must say I'm very disappointed in the mod. It looked nice to have a challenge and a tight budget to build rockets, but having no (WORKING) way to get money back from vessels and it not being possible to complete any of the interesting missions makes this impractical.

Now I'm stuck with a budget of 64.0 $ because I never got money back from the vessel I had on the launchpad~ now being unable to actually make any money because its impossible to build a cheap rocket to perform an impossible mission.

Sad Fox Here :(

Check the post below this where I did some check, and some possible reasons this might of happened. And also updated to .69 to update a few issues that might of caused this issue for you.

Edited by malkuth

I must say I'm quite surprised that the "Known Issues" section had so few entries.

I tested the mod yesterday and I noticed that various things did not work and made playing impossible.

1st. After researching "Recycling" for 300 Science and clicking "Recover Vessel" - you don't get a s*t back. Instead you get to pay the whole rocket all over just to make a tiny adjustment like updating the Action Groups or adding Fuel Lines.

2nd. When taking the Contract to Orbit around Minmus and perform orbital Research for 1 Day --- I went into correct orbit around minmus, started the "Orbital Research Box" Research and the counter started counting. I accelerated time --- it went Past 6H (1 Kerbin Day) --- and past 23:59 hours after which it returned to 0 and turned red again.

In short: Research missions are impossible to complete. Another batch of money wasted.

3rd. Taking another mission which was to Orbit around a certain body... well, the body I had to orbit around was no other than "none". Meaning it is impossible to complete the mission due to the fact that its not possible to orbit around "Nothing" as you'd always orbit around the sun at least. (leaving the orbit of the sun would take 14 years and I think the vessel would simply disappear in that event)

Overall I must say I'm very disappointed in the mod. It looked nice to have a challenge and a tight budget to build rockets, but having no (WORKING) way to get money back from vessels and it not being possible to complete any of the interesting missions makes this impractical.

Now I'm stuck with a budget of 64.0 $ because I never got money back from the vessel I had on the launchpad~ now being unable to actually make any money because its impossible to build a cheap rocket to perform an impossible mission.

Sad Fox Here :(

Alright checked out the mission and it seems to be the same as yours. This is a contract mission to do an orbital research mission over Minmus. I had no issues finishing this mission and lets go over the pictures I have (also for record I was recording this as next video for youtube page so be up next week, but I have pictures also.)

The first pic is a few seconds before the 1 day time period is over. The 2nd pic is right after the mission finishes notice I get the pop up that is going to give me the mission payout. But also notice that both the Orbit Research and the time both turn red. This is completely normal the mission is now finished so doesn't matter what color they are. Also notice in the 2nd picture a new button has appeared called HIDE FINSISHED GOAL. Its not really needed in this mission since the only goals were all part of the same SubMission Goal and that was to orbit, and do the research. If there was a 2nd goal, like land back on Kerbin you can hit that FINISHED GOAL button to completely hide the previous mission goals, and only focus on current ones. Again not needed in this example. but if you look at third picture you will see that I hit it just to show you what happens the goal is gone. I complete mission and get payed.

RCl7wac.jpg

So the question is what happened to your mission? You have hidden some of the screen so I can't see the whole MCE window. But is it possible you launched this vessel while MCE was disabled? Because any vessel you launch while MCE is disabled gets tagged and can NEVER EVER be used for a MCE mission EVER! If this is true a very large Red Lettered warning will appear in the Mission Window telling you either your in Disabled mode, and or this vessel has been tagged and can't be used in missions.

In fact if we look at your pictures and mine, they are almost the same.. Almost, the time counted down, then reset to 1d, 0 which means MCE recorded that you finished the mission and reset the counter and turned red. But you don't have the Hide Finished Mission Button. Which means MCE did not record your vessel as actually finishing the mission, which brings me to the idea that maybe you launched this vessel under disabled.. Even if you noticed that you did this, turning disabled off will not fix the problem, because you launched the vessel for FREE, and now does not exist in MCE terms because it was tagged as a Disabled Vessel. This is to stop cheating. Its really the only way this might of happened. I have done these missions OVER and OVER and over and have not had any issue. Usually if a GOAL is not completed, you would still be counting UP with the counter, because it was never reset. If it resets, then the goal was completed. Again, disabled vessels launched under those conditions will NEVER work for a mission no matter what you do.

I also checked recycling for like the 5th time in 2 weeks and still works on my end. Don't skip the Revert button, its suppose to take you directly to Space Center View and this is where you get payed for the recycling. Again with a pop up explaining what it is.

And to restate how recycling works again. You DON"T GET the WHOLE vessel back or ALL the MONEY. You only get a little bit. If you launch a vessel that cost 75,000 Dollars. That 75,000 includes the whole vessel with FUEL, And launch vehicle. When you only come back with a POD. Your only getting money back on the POD. Nothing else.. If you bring more of the vessel home, then you get payed more. but NEVER EVER 100%. Never going to happen, in fact many would argue that MCE gives you way to much money back and is completely unrealistic. Including the FUEL. And I agree but for game play purposes its more fun this way.

Hope this helps.

Malkuth.

Let me make one more check to make sure the disabled warnings are still appearing. Might be possible they are not. Just a second.

Edit. So ok, the disabled plugin still shows up, BUT the info about the vessel being Tagged as not usuable because it was launched while disabled is not showing in contract screen. But does show up if using the Regular mission screens. This is my fault and I will get a fix up for the Displayed label as soon as I can. Then at least you will know if the vessel was tagged because it was launched in Disabled mode.

Update for .69. Its also possible I had an older version of the Contract missions uploaded with older versions. It was behind a little bit. Not sure what I changed in the newer version (could of been a simple spelling fix, or anything really) but I was using the newer version to do the above test. And now the newer version is available in .69 with the updated warning messages.

Edited by malkuth

Version .69 is out

1. Fixed: Added the warning "Vessel Tagged, Vessel was launched in Disabled mode and cannot be used for MCE missions" To the contract missions, this warning did work in the Package Mission window though. What is this? It's in the manual but I will say it again in this. If you disable MCE in the settings window, any vessel you launch while MCE is disabled will be TAGGED. When tagged these vessel can NEVER EVER be used in ANY mission controller Mission EVER! If your launching vessel's in disabled mode you are launching them for FREE. So this is to avoid users cheating by using the disabled mode!

2. Fixed: There was an issue with how missions were recorded when you went EVA with a kerbal. For instance if you were doing the Random mission Early Manned Mission Rocket Basics, this mission has a whole lot of Altitude Optional Goals. If while doing this mission you went EVA with your Kerbal you would be Double payed for the current goals done. this is now fixed, and their is a New warning that works the same way as Throttle Up warning. Only this time the warning tells you that a kerbal is EVA and cannot finish the Mission goal without going back into Pod. When your doing a Mission that REQUIRES an EVA for a mission goal, durning that goal the new check is disabled automatically and does not apply. It also does not apply to Docking or UnDocking. Those are the only situations where you are allowed to go EVA (while trying to complete a MCE mission). This does not mean your limited to not EVER doing EVA missions. LOL. Just if you are trying to finish up a mission, just like you have to have THROTTLE DOWN to finish, now you have to NOT BE in EVA to finish most missions.

3. Update: Had an older version of the contract file in the older uploads, this might of caused some issues with missions, don't remember what was changed inbetween the two versions. But the newer one is now included with this download.

You can download this from my dropbox. Or go to front page and download it.

the forge download takes a few hours or days to update sorry.

Edited by malkuth

When i click on dropbox link i get

"Nothing Here

The file you're looking for has been deleted or moved."

error message.

Ditto for me.

The other reason I came here is to mention that you may need to set a special case exception for the KSPI thermal rockets in your algorithm that recalculates cost by the ISP (at least I think thats what I read you did) Because those rockets have variable thrust/ISP based on the core temp of the attached reactor and by fuel type you can end up with wildly variable costs for the same part. When I was doing a quick test with a 3.5 fusion/rocket combo I was seing costs that fluctuated between 100k and 3 mil bucks for the rocket nozzle depending on what fuel mode I set it to. That much variation is a tad extreme and leads to the rather odd situation where you can launch a ship on the low cost fuel and swap after your in the air, boosting the value of your ship by an order of magnitude and then recover for a huge return. Didnt actualy try the launch/recover as I didnt want to mess up my save but the ship value changed on the launchpad as I swaped fuelmodes.

sorry if this has already been posted but how do you add or install the mission packs ?

Thanks

Place the Missionpack file in the folder GameData\MissionController\Plugins\PluginData\MissionController, under whatever is your KSP folder.

Not sure what happened to dropbox but for some reason my account reset to pre 69 settings so the whole file just disappeared. Its back up though. I'm working on the curse thing its been acting up.

Ditto for me.

The other reason I came here is to mention that you may need to set a special case exception for the KSPI thermal rockets in your algorithm that recalculates cost by the ISP (at least I think thats what I read you did) Because those rockets have variable thrust/ISP based on the core temp of the attached reactor and by fuel type you can end up with wildly variable costs for the same part. When I was doing a quick test with a 3.5 fusion/rocket combo I was seing costs that fluctuated between 100k and 3 mil bucks for the rocket nozzle depending on what fuel mode I set it to. That much variation is a tad extreme and leads to the rather odd situation where you can launch a ship on the low cost fuel and swap after your in the air, boosting the value of your ship by an order of magnitude and then recover for a huge return. Didnt actualy try the launch/recover as I didnt want to mess up my save but the ship value changed on the launchpad as I swaped fuelmodes.

I would do more work on the algorithm, but its pointless at this time since when .24 comes out I plan on scrapping the whole system, and just using the Prices that come with the parts. At this point MCE will be almost completely rewritten when .24 comes out thats why I'm only fixing Minor bugs at this point.

I would do more work on the algorithm, but its pointless at this time since when .24 comes out I plan on scrapping the whole system, and just using the Prices that come with the parts. At this point MCE will be almost completely rewritten when .24 comes out thats why I'm only fixing Minor bugs at this point.

Fair enough, I was just flabergasted when I sudenly had a ship pushing 4mil bucks by adding 1 part :P It was even funnier when I realized that I could adjust the price by omiting the oxidiser and runign off LF or decideing to just dump water into the thing and have a steam powered rocket.

I'm having an issue with the amount returned when I land a space plane on the runway. I seem to be getting about 80% or so of the ships value instead of 95+%. I tested this just now by taking off in a plane worth $83k, turning around, landing on the runway, and recovering. I got back $68k or so, according the after mission report.

I have both "cheaper construction". I don't know if that is the culprit.

Yeah -- it was minimal since I literally took off and then landed. The ship cost display was also showing $83k, but recovering the vessel on the runway just yielded the $68k or so.

Yeah -- it was minimal since I literally took off and then landed. The ship cost display was also showing $83k, but recovering the vessel on the runway just yielded the $68k or so.

Ok, I take a look when I get a chance.

I'm having an issue with the amount returned when I land a space plane on the runway. I seem to be getting about 80% or so of the ships value instead of 95+%. I tested this just now by taking off in a plane worth $83k, turning around, landing on the runway, and recovering. I got back $68k or so, according the after mission report.

I have both "cheaper construction". I don't know if that is the culprit.

Did it have jet engines? I believe they're required for runway recycling.

Did it have jet engines? I believe they're required for runway recycling.

It had a B9 VTOL and RAPIER. I don't know if B9 is counts or not since it's in a mod, but I think that RAPIER should count since they're popular for spaceplanes.

Hate to ask a stupid question, but what do I have to do to get a repair contract to work? As in, how do I select a vessel to repair and how to make a vessel that is capable of being repaired? I put the repair cans on my satellites but there it still says,"No vessels with repair available!" under the contracts menu. Any ideas?

Hate to ask a stupid question, but what do I have to do to get a repair contract to work? As in, how do I select a vessel to repair and how to make a vessel that is capable of being repaired? I put the repair cans on my satellites but there it still says,"No vessels with repair available!" under the contracts menu. Any ideas?

I know its confusing since I'm not very good at making my own models of stuff. So a Repair Can is actually the part you use to repair a vessel. The part that needs to be on your Satellites are called a RepairStation and it uses the same model as the Vanilla Solar Panel, the ones that look like Acess Hatches.

You can watch this video and how the system works to help you out.

How To Do Repair Missions In MCE.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.