[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

...copypasta'd this one into the tree.cfg in the WarpPlugin folder and fixed it. just thought i'd let you know

Okay, i've done it too in the repo and the archives.

TWEAKSCALE bug was finally found (3+ hours, heh). It was in the TweakScale reflection code. https://github.com/Biotronic/TweakScale/pull/25 if you are interested.

You can now change your air intake configs back to mode stock.

Added recompiled dll to the post.

Okay, i've done it too in the repo and the archives.

TWEAKSCALE bug was finally found (3+ hours, heh). It was in the TweakScale reflection code. https://github.com/Biotronic/TweakScale/pull/25 if you are interested.

You can now change your air intake configs back to mode stock.

Added recompiled dll to the post.

You know, that might be what causes FAR to throw all of those errors wherein it says that the FAR module in various parts is not at the index it is supposed to be at!

EDIT:

On another note, in FNRadiator, line 440:

Debug.Log("rd _Emissive: " + renderer.material.GetTexture("_Emissive"));

is not commented out (causes debug log spam)

Edited by ABZB

Well, thanks Boris for stepping in like you have, you have obviously spent alot of time on this over the last day or two. Merry Christmas to you and a general thanks from the community!

Hopefully Fractal can use your build as a base for the next official update. Just B9 to go and I can get my teeth stuck into KSP again. :)

Well, thanks Boris for stepping in like you have, you have obviously spent alot of time on this over the last day or two. Merry Christmas to you and a general thanks from the community!

Hopefully Fractal can use your build as a base for the next official update. Just B9 to go and I can get my teeth stuck into KSP again. :)

Thank you so much Boris,

That stupid air intake bug has had me avoiding spaceplanes entirely...

I found another bug with ksp interstellar tho. with 0.9 the seismic experiment things dont seem to be working. i plant some on the surface, set them to monitoring then crash something into the surface. i get the seismic event recorded message. However when i switch to the recorder to get the data the button doesnt work. nothing happens..

Thanks again for your work on this.

Happy Christmas!

Hello

Merry Christmas and thanks for all Boris-Barboris.

That the Magnetic nozzle nodes are on the wrong place had been patched with a modulemanager file a few days ago. Maybe you want to add it.

@PART[KSPIMagneticNozzle1]:Final
{
@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.401, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.21, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
}
@PART[KSPIMagneticNozzle2]:Final
{
@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.80, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.50, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
}
@PART[KSPIMagneticNozzle3]:Final
{
@node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.205, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.75, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3
}

The Aluminium Hybrid engine seems also to be to little for its weight and node placing. I didn´t used it ever so I don´t know how it has to look like.

Edit: found this after looking aroung a bit

Here's a MM patch to fix the model scale of the argon tank and aluminum hybrid rocket.

@PART[AluminiumHybrid1] {
@MODEL,0 {
@scale = 1, 1, 1
}
}

@PART[BigXenonTank] {
@MODEL,0 {
@scale = 0.5, 0.5, 0.5
}
}

Edited by Dante Montana

How to reproduce seismic experiment bug? For me it's working on Kerbin: sensor near KSC and impactor rocket crashing in the mountains 15km away.

Btw if you have multiple recorders, you'll be able to collect data from only one of them. I think it's intended mechanism.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

UPDATE:

- added KSPI_scale_fixes.cfg from the wiki to archives

- handleded science tree loading error. It was an error in TechManager code. Updated archives and added TechManager.dll to main post.

Awesome, thanks for all the fixes, Boris! Happy holidays!

How to reproduce seismic experiment bug? For me it's working on Kerbin: sensor near KSC and impactor rocket crashing in the mountains 15km away.

Btw if you have multiple recorders, you'll be able to collect data from only one of them. I think it's intended mechanism.

hmmm, maybe im doing it wrong. or i have a conflicting mod.

Does the impact have to be a few kms away? my collect data button doesnt do anything :/

hmmm, maybe im doing it wrong. or i have a conflicting mod.

Does the impact have to be a few kms away?

No, i've just cheked, everything works for me even if it's close. May be mod incompatibility. Conduct the experiment and right after it look at your log file. If you find something there containing Exception-like words, let me know.

UPDATE:

- added KSPI_scale_fixes.cfg from the wiki to archives

- handleded science tree loading error. It was an error in TechManager code. Updated archives and added TechManager.dll to main post.

Best present I got so far this year ;D

I've just run into a problem, and would like to propose a solution to it.

Probes need solar panels to gather energy, and radiators to eliminate the waste heat they generate. All this is fine on the surface, but in career mode, the Advanced Electrics tech (where the first radiator is) is unreachable until you upgrade the R&D facility, and that is prohibitively expensive. Another problem is the part count limits you have to deal with in the early game - the artificial limitations the stock game provides don't take into account the extra complexity that mods like this provide.

Meanwhile, there are "position satellite" contracts that you can't properly take until you get radiators.

My proposed solution is to provide a small radiator to the stayputnik, something that could handle a pair of 6-panel arrays. I took the code for the small radial radiator, and knocked the radiator area down to 0.04 (this in turn provides 2KW heat dissipation in the game), then added it to the "probeCoreSphere". Originally I had the upgrade-related lines removed as well, but the game really wanted an upgrade option (which isn't something this entry-level piece needs). I would rather it not be upgradeable at all, but I'd rather avoid bugs more.

Does anybody have a better solution than this, and if not, is there a way to work around the upgrade issue? Before anybody asks, the info screen for the stayputnik showed the "upgraded" waste heat performance to be 0MW, then I put the code back in; I didn't actually test the upgrade.

I posted a MM config for using the Plutonium-238 resource (in the resources that come with this mod, but unused). It modifies the stock RTG to hold that Pu-238, and generate electricity using the decay of that resource (using the same module that turns tritium to Helium-3). You can further edit the RTG to move it into an early tech node (which makes sense, we have had self-contained RTGs for probe power for decades). As it is a one-piece part, this solves the part count issue. It does not use wasteheat (an entire new module would be needed to make it work properly, and RTGs in RL are single-unit things anyway, it would not make sense to attach it to a separate generator part).

The cfg can be obtained from my dropbox (it includes a mm patch which should moves the RTG to "Electrics":

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g74fcjr7f7ps4dn/better_RTG.cfg?dl=0

Edited by ABZB

UPDATE:

I find current solar panel heat generation system highly unrealistic. They can act as radiators themselves (their back side), so in real life we don't really have problems with them overheating. I've corrected heat generation curve, so now you can safely use solar panels up to Eve, but not closer. Yes, that means you won't get stupid overheat somewhere close to Jool.

New heat production curve for solar panels in red:

SolarPanelHeatProduction.png

Edited by Boris-Barboris
typos

I just did almost the same thing, but not quite as large. I have a 6 Balka solar panel equipped microwave relay that in very low Kerbol Orbit. I didn't know about the bug with the double balka panels. They are not generating waste heat, and my transitter is only putting out like 20 some MW of power.

Is there any quick fix I can do to get the double Balka panels to work like they should? If not I think I'm gonna just cheat a new sat into the same orbit as my balka sat.

EDIT: I Figured out a work-around to get the double Balka panels to work!!! The double Balka panels have 2 modules to deploy the panels. What I think is happening (and I could very easily be wrong) is that the first module has this line" chargeRate = 0 " that makes the interstellar plugin think that the Balka doesn't produce any power. I changed the charge rate in the first module to 400 and set the charge rate in the second module to 0. I don't know why it worked, but it did. Here's the code for the 2 modules.

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel

animationName = rotary
raycastTransformName = sunCatcherRight
pivotName = Main_Rotary_Pivot
resourceName = ElectricCharge

chargeRate = 400

trackingSpeed = 0.1

powerCurve
{
key = 206000000000 0 0 0
key = 13599840256 1 0 0
key = 68773560320 0.5 0 0
key = 0 10 0 0
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDeployableSolarPanel

animationName = open_panel
raycastTransformName = sunCatcherLeft
pivotName = ArmLeft01_main
resourceName = ElectricCharge

chargeRate = 0
trackingSpeed = 0.1

powerCurve
{
key = 206000000000 0 0 0
key = 13599840256 1 0 0
key = 68773560320 0.5 0 0
key = 0 10 0 0
}
}

Actualy, you solution is only a partial fix. The problem is that The first ModuleDeployableSolarPanel doens't work at an angle. To really fix it you need to add the following code at foreach (FNGenerator generator in generators) insite OnFixedUpdate insite MicrowavePowerTransmitter.cs insite WarpPlugin source project and recompile it.

// attempt to retrieve all solar power output
if (output == 0.0)
{
var partModulesList = panel.part.parent.Modules;
foreach (var module in partModulesList)
{
var solarmodule = module as ModuleDeployableSolarPanel;
if (solarmodule != null)
{
output += solarmodule.flowRate;
}
}
}

Now just make sure the first ModuleDeployableSolarPanel has a chargeRate of 0 and you will recieve the maximum amount of power from you Balka solar panel even at an angle

Edited by FreeThinker

So... How is this working with 0.90?

I would assume not very well considering its listed at 0.25 compatible.

Humm... Hope it wont take too long to get a 0.90 compatible version.

Edited by etheoma

Wow that's totally awesome !!! Thank you for the Fix Boris !

I don't know how much trouble it would be to make a regolith adaptation fix as well, I'm gonna go through the documentation of regolith to see, but KSPI ressource behavior is still a mystery for me until now :D

I love the update but I'm having a problem with my savegame since I installed Boris's update -- the tech tree seems to have lost all the Interstellar-unique nodes, with upgrades to components breaking (I have Advanced Field Geometry for my warp drive -- I hadn't even unlocked warp drive before -- but no upgrades to my fusion reactors). I've tried editing the Techtree.cfg in the savegame directory so it reads

disabled = FalsetechTree = UnofficialKSPI_boris

and that didn't fix it. My tree.cfg in the savegame was last updated 31 October 2014.

Delete Techtree.cfg from save folder and reload the save. Tell me if it doesn't work.

tree.cfg file in your save folder is not used by game, it was a legacy interstellar code that copyed it there. I just removed this useless operation.

Edited by Boris-Barboris