Jump to content

Hab/Hub (and other strange things)


Recommended Posts

I'm working on gathering all of his parts together. First stage is currently in-progress: https://github.com/calebpaine/z_thing

As soon as I have all or most of the parts at least loading, I'll work on adusting configs to add usefull functionality (he released a lot of parts 'as-is' for specific mods, so they dont actually do anything in stock KSP), as well as making a nice post here on the forums.

I see your posting them as they are why not fix the nodes when you put them on github ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
I see your posting them as they are why not fix the nodes when you put them on github ?

That's part of the plan. I'm adding them to github if they load, then I'll circle back around and fix some of the issues like attach nodes. If you check again you'll see I've fixed the nodes on the generators already, so I know what the problem likely is on the rest. There's still some parts (like the radial mount) that wont load at all, or crash on load. Once I get everything to at least be usable (loads, attaches, even without a purpose) I'll make a release and post here on the forums.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On ‎30‎/‎8‎/‎2015 at 9:09 PM, Chaosratt said:

That's part of the plan. I'm adding them to github if they load, then I'll circle back around and fix some of the issues like attach nodes. If you check again you'll see I've fixed the nodes on the generators already, so I know what the problem likely is on the rest. There's still some parts (like the radial mount) that wont load at all, or crash on load. Once I get everything to at least be usable (loads, attaches, even without a purpose) I'll make a release and post here on the forums.

do you have a link for the ring station parts?

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2013 at 3:07 AM, zzz said:

You don't like when I creating a new thread (I don't know how to say this properly)so I put it here:

--------------------------cool separator-------------------

Sphere tank I made for myself. Radial things is not very useful in KSP, but anyway. It's not very trim(?) and optimised (1k tris). It didn't have normal maps but if you want it for something small - better to reduce texture size (1024 currently)

There several cfg with different scales and content(LF/LFO) in archive all looks the same, but this what I did for myself(and this is why it have strange attach point placement). You know how to edit configs, scale and resources. Better to put some struts on it.

http://www./download/11g5bud6yij4eyc/sphereT.7z

e6EGi5L.jpg

--------------------------cool separator---------------------

Cosmetic radiator

foZcutV.jpg

--------------------------cool separator---------------------

It's made with interstelar plugin in mind but generic enough, little strange and about kerbals so I put it here too

DQE8H7v.jpg

http://www./?58ne3h277ji4h6f

It's Science lab by design

{..added experimental interor, "door" and some windows are clickable but better not look too much around with it because it's not designed for this points of view(you can realise seat didn't have backwalls and such things}

5tquBeS.png

--------------------------cool separator---------------------

Tapered boxes:

Screenshot from Unity:

zIUtwgj.jpg

There five colors(not meaning something special, just nice and somehow distinct for different types of resourses, and how much was fits in my layout) and three sizes(half, common and x3). Not sure about current rescale I don't know how big or small it must be to be handy. Maybe to made it to be something tiny or maybe made something huge, or double amount and to make both. Need to find some purpose for it at first. And do not tell me that the label is upside down, I know it was maybe strange decision

Link:

http://www./?n34ph4xxyf0f6mk

I'm sure someone already did such things, it was mostly about fit everything into the same 512x512 texture and still to be nice. So there only 1MB of TGA (And it uses this nice texture sharing system(or how to call it) which is not work sometimes for some peoples, not sure what special they are doing but there allways such peoples )

It's not the mod too much currently because containers not contain anything, but you can put something in it by yourself. But if you actually want to use it somehow and know what amount of what I need to put in it - I can make it. Or maybe someone else will make it,

It's currently in utilites tab and "utilites" folder but if you decide to "organise " it differently - don't forget to edit path in cfg.

------------------------------------------------------------------ cool separator-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's in utility and without command functions

Like Hitchhiker Storage Container but less Hitchhiker

TvOSO1W.jpg

In two variants (because it's easy and if you prefer it to be more resonable fo space rather than shiny. just fast recolor of glass part )

http://www./?0rmnuctjt8pjrsa

I tried to add "green ball" attach points in supposed places but without success.

It's planned to be with some (small )attachable modules(addons) but not sure, maybe someday.

---------------------------------------------------------------- cool separator ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Merelin engine (with LV-T45 stats)

lXeMBld.jpg

http://www./download/omeve7dv11n3xw9/engine.7z

---------------------------------------------------------------- cool separator ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not really a part, more like model I did years ago and never used

It's a circle from ring pieces and dock pieces, idea was to create closed circle structure in KSP using docks abilities, it kinda works. More simple, just welded halves is included. Intended usage is station ring thing, you know. It do nothing but I just leave it here.

http://www./download/1a42bftzg1tjbbg/circle.7z

PfwtpBY.jpg

docks must be attached like this, little arrows to part, it's messy I know

qTqSXS9.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------- cool separator ------------------------------------------------------------------------

And links to other things to put everything in one place :

greenhouse http://www./download/jbxl5xj6t3uyosx/z_greenhouse.7z

crosswalk http://www./download/ox1oac68zmb7thm/crosswalk.7z

"mount" http://www./download/p9s29iio5fx7oci/z_thing.7z

All works is "released into the public domain"(as Majiir call it).

I would just like to download the ring station parts but the download links are dead. does anyone have a new download link?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KSPUser777 said:

Yeah, I can't download these awesome looking parts. The links don't work. Can anyone help me with that?

Put media fire.com(remove the space) between www. and /download

Edited by Noob21
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 5/1/2016 at 0:38 PM, Noob21 said:

Put media fire.com(remove the space) between www. and /download

Just curious... Why was media... fire... removed from the URLs? And why not say its full name?

 

Edit: Oh, I see. If anyone else has the same question, see this thread: 

 

Edited by Tokamak
Link to post
Share on other sites

These parts are too good to languish in obscurity. I may use them for a part pack that will be useful in the current version of KSP with the latest mods. I'll try to contact ZZZ, but does anyone have an actual citation for him saying "do whatever you want with these parts" other than just the note of "All works is "released into the public domain"(as Majiir call it)" in the original post of this thread? I just want to make I am super 100% on the side of doing things properly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tokamak said:

These parts are too good to languish in obscurity. I may use them for a part pack that will be useful in the current version of KSP with the latest mods. I'll try to contact ZZZ, but does anyone have an actual citation for him saying "do whatever you want with these parts" other than just the note of "All works is "released into the public domain"(as Majiir call it)" in the original post of this thread? I just want to make I am super 100% on the side of doing things properly.

that's all you need. You should get in touch with @Stone Blue who is already doing what you speak of.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

that's all you need. You should get in touch with @Stone Blue who is already doing what you speak of.

Actually, the tubes are the parts that DON'T interest me, but I will still touch base with him before I do anything, so I don't step on any toes. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tokamak said:

Actually, the tubes are the parts that DON'T interest me, but I will still touch base with him before I do anything, so I don't step on any toes. Thanks!

he's doing more than just the boxes I believe, but he also has a lot on his plate. Also, I know KSPI reuses a lot of zzz's work listed here and has since inception, as does solaris hypernautica. That's what happens when you make quality models and release them into the public domain haha.

Also, there are a few other parts floating around if you check zzz's profile, that I don't think are listed here. I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.07.2016 at 8:07 PM, Tokamak said:

does anyone have an actual citation for him saying "do whatever you want with these parts" other than just the note of "All works is "released into the public domain"(as Majiir call it)" in the original post of this thread? 

 

It was reference to license selection guide:

On 06.08.2013 at 9:29 AM, Majiir said:

....

I don't care. Do whatever you want!

Are you sure? You can release your work into the public domain, which means anyone can use your work for any purpose. This means someone could modify your work, sell it, or use it to develop nuclear weaponsâ€â€all without giving you any credit! If you're okay with all that, you can use something like the CC0 Public Domain Dedication, the comical WTFPL or simply mention that you release your work into the public domain.

...

So yes, you it implies you can do whatever you want

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2016 at 3:02 PM, Deimos Rast said:

he's doing more than just the boxes I believe, but he also has a lot on his plate. Also, I know KSPI reuses a lot of zzz's work listed here and has since inception, as does solaris hypernautica. That's what happens when you make quality models and release them into the public domain haha.

Also, there are a few other parts floating around if you check zzz's profile, that I don't think are listed here. I think.

Yes, I'm doing ALL of ZZZ's models, except ones that were made/are in use only in one, specific mod... I may do something with those as well, if licenses and mod devs permit, in later releases, once I get a basic pack out...

ZZZ's models are awesome, and top notch... However, for KSP, there just seems a few things that feel "unfinished" with many of them... I cant claim to know the final direction ZZZ was going with certain things, but I have a few ideas I want to try to implement, to improve and expand on the models.
So if I get the pack released, I hope to have more than just a simple "Here's-ZZZs-models-alltogether-in-one-zip-with-a-few-small-tweaks"... Granted, many of them are fine as-is, but i hope to make significant improvements to many of them... Probably not ALL, but many... :)

I had a good start on several of the Propulsion parts, (the Radial Mounts are almost done, and have SEVERAL improvements i think people will like),  then I got caught up in, and am currently reworking a few of ZZZ's more complicated models, which are included in the BioMASS mod... I also have a commitment to another mod that I have to finish, Soon™... Then I will be concentrating mostly on putting together a release of all ZZZ's parts...

Edited by Stone Blue
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

I always like the science lab and wished it had some cool landing legs to go with it and an opening door would love to see the brown changed to bright orange but will wait patiently to see what u do 

Actually, I have plans for the science lab, to be used in another mod I want to revive... :) It wont be as a "science lab", tho... That version will be specific for use with THAT mod... I dont really have any big plans for it as a "science lab" as yet, but I will see if there's anything I can do to "spice" it up, and include it in my ZZZ parts pack...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pol said:

 

It was reference to license selection guide:

So yes, you it implies you can do whatever you want

 

Excellent. Thank you. I just wanted to be extra certain.

 

5 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Actually, I have plans for the science lab, to be used in another mod I want to revive... :) It wont be as a "science lab", tho... That version will be specific for use with THAT mod... I dont really have any big plans for it as a "science lab" as yet, but I will see if there's anything I can do to "spice" it up, and include it in my ZZZ parts pack...

I ALSO have plans for the science lab. Fortunately, we can share. That's the nice thing about digital stuff :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Erm... i have some difficulties to install Hubs, everything else works well exept those, i cant see them in tech tree and in VAB parts list, probably i have putted them in wrong folder (but i just extracted them into GameData folder)... Any suggestion? I noticed that there're lots of "folder in folder" in that zip

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr.Wolfram said:

Erm... i have some difficulties to install Hubs, everything else works well exept those, i cant see them in tech tree and in VAB parts list, probably i have putted them in wrong folder (but i just extracted them into GameData folder)... Any suggestion? I noticed that there're lots of "folder in folder" in that zip

Most of the parts in the zip in this thread, are bare bones... Meaning they have very basic configs, just enough to get them loaded in-game.
I would say, this zip is more like a source material for mod makers to grab and use...

If you want the parts as a player, to use in-game, you'ld probably be better off finding a mod that has the parts you want, included in it, and grab them from there...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stone Blue said:

Most of the parts in the zip in this thread, are bare bones... Meaning they have very basic configs, just enough to get them loaded in-game.
I would say, this zip is more like a source material for mod makers to grab and use...

If you want the parts as a player, to use in-game, you'ld probably be better off finding a mod that has the parts you want, included in it, and grab them from there...

Oh thanks for clarification. Do u know perhaps any mod that have those nice-looking hubs? Just really like idea of biodomes:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dr.Wolfram said:

Oh thanks for clarification. Do u know perhaps any mod that have those nice-looking hubs? Just really like idea of biodomes:D

Hmmm... check KSP Interstellar Extended?... Most of ZZZ's parts are in there... I'm sure there are others, but cant think of them off hand... :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...