[1.1]Hullcam VDS - mod adopted by linuxgamer

Albert VDS

I'm trying to deal with the problem caused by Ven's stock revamp and the camera being inside the part model and therefore not showing anything. Looking at the Docking port camera patch cfg file, there is code for each docking port following this format:

@PART[dockingPortLarge]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom
        cameraName = NavCam
        cameraForward = 0, 1, 0
        cameraUp = 0, 0, -1
        cameraPosition = 0, 0, 0
        cameraFoVMax = 80
        cameraFoVMin = 80
        cameraMode = 1
    }
}

I't not great with config files, so which bit of this would i need to edit to move the docking camera location forward?

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Qwarkk said:

I't not great with config files, so which bit of this would i need to edit to move the docking camera location forward?

Change cameraPosition to something like 0, 5, 0. I haven't tested this but I assume since cameraForward is in the y direction increasing the size of the y component of cameraPosition would do what you want. Note however I've guessed the number 5. It may be too small or too big, but I think it'll do what you want. Try it and see, the worst thing that could happen is the camera will be in the wrong place.

17 hours ago, Constan7ine said:

Change cameraPosition to something like 0, 5, 0. I haven't tested this but I assume since cameraForward is in the y direction increasing the size of the y component of cameraPosition would do what you want. Note however I've guessed the number 5. It may be too small or too big, but I think it'll do what you want. Try it and see, the worst thing that could happen is the camera will be in the wrong place.

Had a play around with the cameraForward y value. 0.6 did the trick - 5 was a tad extreme but i know it was just guess work.

Thank you so much for your help!

Hello!
I'm having conflicts between HullCam and EVE. Thing is when you activate any HullCam camera on some vessel and press F2, the clouds from EVE start flickering with black dots, like this:

Spoiler

mr36xmK.gif

I wrote about it in EVE thread and rbray89 stated that:

That's an issue with hullcam not adjusting near and far clipping planes properly. It will cause z-fighting

and he can't do anything about it. So I'm writing to this thread - maybe someone can fix it or knows how to fix it?
Here is the log file if necessary:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/arfq2kmx8sbkaul/output_log%20EVE-Hullcam-flickering.txt?dl=0

(tested with KSP 1.0.5, EVE 1.05-4 and HullCam 0.51)

• 4 weeks later...

I think I must have missed some obvious step when installing this mod. 

The cameras all work as cameras, but there are no display filters.

And I get a LOT of this error in my KSP.log  : 

[EXC 02:00:02.575] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	HullcamVDS.CameraFilter.RenderTitlePage (Boolean title, UnityEngine.Texture2D titleTex)
	HullcamVDS.MovieTimeFilter.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture target)

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Hey! :)

Is it possible to display the Hullcam output on a second (or third ;)) monitor?

I would like to build up some sort of mission control, i.e. one monitor with KeRD, one with kOS in Telnet and one with Hulcam (to have an actual picture of the craft/scene.

Any Ideas? :)

Asking on behalf of two people. :D Would it be possible to have camera "track" targets. Also to have it in its own window? Like old-school Lazor System style?

Trust me when I say you would be filling a HUGE gap given Lazor System (a mod that used to be hugely popular) has been offline since 0.90

Edited by Rabblerouser

23 minutes ago, Rabblerouser said:

Asking on behalf of two people. :D Would it be possible to have camera "track" targets. Also to have it in its own window? Like old-school Lazor System style?

Trust me when I say you would be filling a HUGE gap given Lazor System (a mod that used to be hugely popular) has been offline since 0.90

You could try Docking Camera it's based on Lazor.

Or BD Armory which has two different weapon cams. They will lock onto the CG of a craft or a fixed point on the ground

Both of these put the camera in it's own window

Now if Albert want's to incorporate some of these features in time that would also be great. I'm hooked on Hullcam

Edited by V8jester

• 2 weeks later...

Just found that the patch to add cameras to all docking ports is somewhat incomplete.  It is missing the following that I know of:

From VensStockRevamp:  ParaDockingPort, Clamp-O-Tron MK 16-XXL Docking Port

and more in SpaceY, etc.

Adding the following code to the end of the file: DockingPortCameraPatch.cfg adds the camera to all docking ports not listed in the file:

// Add the camera to all remaining docking ports which aren't
// listed above
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode],!MODULE[MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom]]:Final
{
        MODULE
        {
            name = MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom
            cameraName = NavCam
            cameraForward = 0, 1, 0
            cameraUp = 0, 0, -1
            cameraPosition = 0, 0.07, 0 
            cameraFoVMax = 80
            cameraFoVMin = 80
            cameraMode = 1
        }
}

I would have done this on github, but there isn't a github repository.

Also, the source code is residing on Mediafire, please note that the forum is totally disallowing links to mediafire.  I'd suggest moving the code somewhere else (github is my suggestion)

==============================================================

Can the latest source code please be made available, according to the forum rules?

Currently on mediafire, it is version 0.3, but the download is 0.51

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 1/28/2016 at 6:44 PM, Whovian41110 said:

Am I missing something about editing the .cfg file?  I've tried but nothing works. I've edited using the Unity key reference. 

We need to see the cfg file, you might have a syntax error

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, MeCripp said:

Like that patch did you :)

Huh?  What are you referring to, my patch?

On 9/21/2015 at 4:18 PM, GDJ said:

Actually I have the same question. I'm using CX Aerospace's station parts.

I just posted a patch which will add the docking camera to all docking ports

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Huh?  What are you referring to, my patch?

I just posted a patch which will add the docking camera to all docking ports

Looks about like the patch, I post you in anther thread glad it help but all good have fun.

On 12/11/2015 at 5:50 PM, gamerscircle said:

This might be a silly question, is there a keyboard command for zoom in and out, I saw that I could assign to an action group, am running out of those, though.

You might enjoy this for all your action group needs with this amazing mod:
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/67235-105dec2515-action-groups-extended-250-action-groups-in-flight-editing-now-kosremotetech/

Cheers!

HullCameraVDSConfig
{
AllowMainCamera = true
CycleMainCamera = true
CycleOnlyActiveVessel = false
DebugOutput = true
    CAMERA_NEXT
    {
        primary = Quote
        secondary = None
        group = 0
        switchState = Any
    }
    CAMERA_PREV
    {
        primary = SemiColon
        secondary = None
        group = 0
        switchState = Any
    }
    CAMERA_RESET
    {
        primary = Enter
        secondary = None
        group = 0
        switchState = Any
    }
}

That's my file

Edited by Whovian41110

@Majorjim Thumbs.db files are just thumbnail caches for Windows... They can end up being created in any folder that contains any kind of image files... Windows creates them automatically... I notice many mod devs end up packaging them in with the realeases... ???   They dont really serve any purpose from a user's standpoint.. They are completely safe to delete.

Edited by Stone Blue

On January 31, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Whovian41110 said:

HullCameraVDSConfig
{
AllowMainCamera = true
CycleMainCamera = true
CycleOnlyActiveVessel = false
DebugOutput = true
    CAMERA_NEXT
    {
        primary = Quote
        secondary = None
        group = 0
        switchState = Any
    }
    CAMERA_PREV
    {
        primary = SemiColon
        secondary = None
        group = 0
        switchState = Any
    }
    CAMERA_RESET
    {
        primary = Enter
        secondary = None
        group = 0
        switchState = Any
    }
}

That's my file

Don't mean to be naggy but can anyone tell me what's wrong with this file?

17 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll try your file later this evening, see what is going on.

Forgot to ask, do you have a log, and can you put it somewhere?

Yes but its long (too long for pastebin).  Will any log do or must it be from a time i tried to use the cameras?

Edited by Whovian41110

35 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Would prefer if it used the camera.

Do this:  Start a new game, create a ship, put the ship/camera on the pad and try to use it.  Then exit, and upload the file to some filesharing service (dropbox, google drive, etc) and post a link to it.

The camera works it's just the switch between cameras that doesn't  i.e. I can click activate camera but when I press the next/previous button the camera does nothing

EDIT It now works.  No clue why

Edited by Whovian41110