[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

please please update this for the new 1.0.4 heating system

Is this why my Griffon Century keeps overheating and exploding before making it to space, despite covering it with radiators?

I suppose I'll take a look at the Module Manager patch, too.

I'm testing the petal adapter and is not working I made a model just like the video, so the fairing work well but when I do the first decoupler my main spacecraft just gets stock there, the second decoupler works with the lander, I try to place the main spacecraft higher and the decoupler worked but since the engine is sticking out it creates a cover for it so when you decouple the thing is floating in front of the petal if anyone knows how to fix this that'll be great

Hey kaoz.

To quote another reply, you'll need to edit the config file for the petal adapter. The location of this file might be different for you, but it should be something similar to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KWRocketry\Parts\Structural\KWPetalAdapter3m

You will also need to edit your "PetalAdapter3m.cfg" file in order to make the top decouple node work properly. Here is the config change I made, and now it works as expected:

Change this line:

explosiveNodeID = top

To:

explosiveNodeID = topFDown

Hmm, a few pages back in this thread is a patch for module manager that makes some changes. Personally I found that the heating values are the opposite as before and too low if you ask me, but it's a good start if you want to tweak these things yourself. ;-)

Greets,

Jan

I use the patch but I don't really see any difference

Hi guys, quick question. I browsed 6 pages back but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, so I can't tell if this is a known issue or not...

All the KW Rocketry engines show their heat emissive full-on at all times for me. Even in the VAB. I can see them light up bright red over the course of the first 1-2 seconds when pulled from the parts list. This doesn't actually mean they are overheated; the engines work just fine during flight, heat numbers are nominal. It's just that the emissive glow is constantly displayed at maximum as if they were a second away from blowing.

I have followed the install instructions to the letter (pulled the gamedata folder from the zip file and merged), ModuleAnimateEmissive is definitely present, and I also have the community patch.

Please elaborate, no difference with or without patch, or something else?

Greets,

Jan

I don't see any difference in the heating behavior with or without the patch, there is no change. (probably doing something wrong)

I don't see any difference in the heating behavior with or without the patch, there is no change. (probably doing something wrong)

Must be, because before the patch most of the bigger engines started to overheat quite quickly on full throttle with the common kerbalesque explosions included ;-)

The only thing that's important using the patch is that its filename must have the extension *.cfg and should be placed in the GameData folder or any sub-folder thereof. I created a Local folder, but putting it directly in GameData should be fine and of course you should have the ModuleManager.2.6.6.dll in GameData too.

Greets,

Jan

I miss the fairings this mod had in earlier versions :/ (and by that I mean I haven't installed KW since 0.23 because and I won't until you deem it ready for 1.0.4).

Thanks for the work, good luck with the next version

so, i looked at the last 3 pages and didn't find any info on this, does the current build work with KSP 1.0.4, or do i definitely have to wait for an update?

Yes - parts mods 99% of the time do not break between versions, especially minor ones like 1.0.2 to 1.0.4. There's a hotfix around that patches some things like heat production and cost, but it's by no means required.

Mod released:

KW Rocketry Community Fixes

It consists of two patch files, the main one and a second optional one. The second one has the potential of breaking current games, so it can be renamed or deleted if desired

Submitted to CKAN as well, so hope fully it will be available later today

LinuxGuruGamer

Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

linuxgurugamer said:
It consists of two patch files, the main one and a second optional one. The second one has the potential of breaking current games, so it can be renamed or deleted if desired

Submitted to CKAN as well, so hope fully it will be available later today

LinuxGuruGamer

Thanks Guru

Yes - parts mods 99% of the time do not break between versions, especially minor ones like 1.0.2 to 1.0.4. There's a hotfix around that patches some things like heat production and cost, but it's by no means required.

This seems to be an exception for me. KW was causing my game to repeatedly crash anytime I was switching scenes after I'd been on the game for around 15 minutes. How do I know it was KW? Easy. Soon as I removed it, this problem stopped. Does the community fix address this?

This seems to be an exception for me. KW was causing my game to repeatedly crash anytime I was switching scenes after I'd been on the game for around 15 minutes. How do I know it was KW? Easy. Soon as I removed it, this problem stopped. Does the community fix address this?

The community fix addresses heating issues. If you're experiencing crashes, you should post your output_log.txt so that someone can determine the source of your errors (this is like rule 0 of getting support).

That don't tell anyone anything you might just be really close to your memory limit if your running in 32 bit

The community fix addresses heating issues. If you're experiencing crashes, you should post your output_log.txt so that someone can determine the source of your errors (this is like rule 0 of getting support).

I didn't ask for support. I said that I solved my crashing issue by removing KW and that there's potentially some kind of compatibility issue with it that needs looked at.

I didn't ask for support. I said that I solved my crashing issue by removing KW and that there's potentially some kind of compatibility issue with it that needs looked at.

Well, no one will know what the issue is, or for that matter if the issue exists unless you say more than "I had issues." So far you're the only one to report such behavior.

I am running 65 mods on 32 bit and I have no compatibility issues with KW Rocketry its a parts pack and these primarily don't cause issue's If you supply a log we will help pinpoint the issue. If I was to hazard a guess you hit the memory limit like Mecripp suggested

I'm getting this error from CKAN after the community update has been added:

Installing previously uninstalled mod KWRocketry-CommunityFixes

The following inconsistencies were found:

KWRocketry requires ModuleAnimateEmissive but nothing provides it

Error!

AnimateEmissiveModule is available, but not marked as installed.

"Installed version" column contains "supplied by KW Rocketry" for this mod, but the check box for installed is unticked.

So, when trying to install AnimateEmissiveModule, CKAN produces:

About to install...

* ModuleAnimateEmissive v1.8 (cached)

ModuleAnimateEmissive provided by KWRocketry already installed, skipped

Success!

Any suggestions?

OK, no support will be given in this post - no, the fix doesn't address this as the crashes were not the direct fault of KW Rocketry and no compatibility issue between KWR 2.7 and KSP 1.0.4 exists.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting this error from CKAN after the community update has been added:

AnimateEmissiveModule is available, but not marked as installed.

"Installed version" column contains "supplied by KW Rocketry" for this mod, but the check box for installed is unticked.

So, when trying to install AnimateEmissiveModule, CKAN produces:

Any suggestions?

CKAN questions belong in the CKAN thread.

Having an interesting error. Interstages aren't appearing and old (pre-fix) craft are broken on load.

Everything is installed correctly.

This appears in the log:

[Error]: [ModuleTweakableJettison] Skipping problematic jettisonModule; this may be a part design problem
jettisonModule=KW2mengineMaverickV (ModuleJettison)
jettisonModule.jettisonName=2mMavShroud
jettisonModule.jettisonTransform=null.

Just looking at the log... It seems to load the part and the texture OK, and I can't find any problems. Thoughts anyone?

Edited by SmarterThanMe
Blah