NathanKell

pingopete: in the main REALSOLARSYSTEM node, you can add:

cam00Near

cam00Far

cam01Near

cam01Far

camSSNear

camSSFar

They will be applied globally, unless there is an override in a particular body node, like Kerbin {} could have cam01Near = something else and it would override the global value.

I am trying to procedurally generate planet features for my AlternisSolar project(Yes, I have scrapped needing the textures I have spent a while collecting :P) and while I can change kerbin's PQS to be dramatically different, the Scaled space is not changing to reflect the new body surface features. I have tried the export but I am getting images that looks like the heightmap of the new PQS, and Kerbin's specular map. Is there a solution to editing the scaled space to reflect the new body?

You need to open it in an image program that reads the alpha channel of a PNG separately. If Photoshop, get SuperPNG. Then select the file in the open dialog, then hold down Alt (I think? Maybe control?) when clicking Open. Right now you're only seeing the alpha channel (which shows what's above/below water level). Also you need to supply an oceanColor.

You need to open it in an image program that reads the alpha channel of a PNG separately. If Photoshop, get SuperPNG. Then select the file in the open dialog, then hold down Alt (I think? Maybe control?) when clicking Open. Right now you're only seeing the alpha channel (which shows what's above/below water level). Also you need to supply an oceanColor.

Alt + (click)Open :)

Also thanks for the info on cams, that was actually what I'd guessed for SS :P

Thanks for the help :) What gimp program would you recommend? I don't have PS. Even if I can't view it, it should still theoretically work if I just use it blindly, correct?

Also for my solar system, I plan on making my own alien race, one that is kinda lizard like, extremely tough if and when someone figures out how to edit kerbals. As this is a stepping stone to a bigger project of mine... Should I put them on a tiny planet with life, (mars size) or the next planet in the solar system with much higher gravity and much thicker atmo? I used a accretion model I found on the internet to make this solar system so the two life filled planets is as accurate as that.

So in the recent update, I have been having noticing a few problems. Firstly, my memory usage is significantly higher. I run the RSS plug-in with 64k kerbin, and it jumped about 100 MB on start-up RAM usage. Also, on the main menu, I get a small screen displaying planets being loaded…I think at least. That is when my RAM usage spikes.

I will probably seem very silly for asking this, but I really do not know where to place the contents of my '4096' file. I've tried placing it into game data, the real solar system folder and some others to no avail. My planets are re sized and rearranged but the textures do not change. Please help :) Thanks!

hey, love that 1/10th config! Realistic KSP without the disadvantage of using "too big for kerbalkind" parts :)

Oh, im still looking for a realistic isp configuration with the isp difficulty scaler, if someone has suggestions... please let me know :)

Edit:

Sorry if I missed this in while searching but does anyone have a working 1/10th scale config for RSS v8+? I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

That thing (as its posted in the OP) seems to be working for me.

Edited by StainX

Wheres Charon? (Pluto's mon) of and btw it's a binary system, the center of Pluto's and Charon's is outside pluto.

Presumably left out: they have to swap out KSP bodies 1:1 with real-world planets and moons. They didn't even have enough to get Neptune, and I'd rather have Neptune* than Charon.

*If I weren't using the 6.4x Kerbin config, anyways.

Nathan,

There's something interesting you may wanna know. The plane-crash-into-terrain bug I reported also exists in stock kerbin. When I set 'terrain detail' to high it seems to happen, while if it's set to low everything seems fine. But with RSS the bug is persistent no matter what.

Nathan,

There's something interesting you may wanna know. The plane-crash-into-terrain bug I reported also exists in stock kerbin. When I set 'terrain detail' to high it seems to happen, while if it's set to low everything seems fine. But with RSS the bug is persistent no matter what.

Hm. That's interesting. I landed ~600 km south of the northernmost russian launchsite yesterday and it worked fine. Only tried it once and it was the first time it worked for me since RSS 6.x.

This pack adds the planet neptune and it's moon Triton, as well as Titania to Uranus. This is all done by cloning planets with Kopernikus and editing them with RSS.

Installation instructions: Set up a normal RSS install, with the standard CFG and with the textures of your choice. Then Download this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlutqtmxox892so/RSSBonusPlanets4K%20V1.0.zip?dl=0. Unzip this file, and copy the gamedata folder inside the folder over your current one and agree to overwrite the files. This will replace The standard CFG and install my new textures and planets.

Licence: CC-BY-NC-SA

Attributions:

RSS by NathanKell is required for this to work (obviously)

Metaphor's Textures from his PF+normal planet CFG used by permission

Kopernikus Planetary System is used to make(but not edit) new planets to use. It is under LGPL licence. I have included the main directory under Prealpha 3.

Additional Information:

This is designed to work under 32bit KSP. It was origianlly designed for 64bit windows but that is now to unstable for most mods to use. As this is compatible with .24.2 KSP as well if you wish to use the original HD textures, PM me on the forums.

Bug reports: If you find bugs in this please give me the reproduction steps, logs, and what happened.

As .25 has no 64bit that works with RO mods, such as this one, I have scaled the textures back to 4K. For those who have linux or .24 64bit I still have the 8k textures if you want them.

Nice! Mind if I put this on the recommended mods list for RVE? Haven't actually had a chance to try it but no Neptune has been on my issues list since the start of RVE :P

Nice! Mind if I put this on the recommended mods list for RVE? Haven't actually had a chance to try it but no Neptune has been on my issues list since the start of RVE :P

It has been reported to me as buggy, (original planets appearing the same as the edited clones) by one person, and I see it on my laptop as well( I released it after bug testing on my desktop)... I thought I put a warning in after release but it appears I have forgotten. Please wait to put it as a recommended mod until the next kopernikus update, and my following update.