sarbian

[1.4.0-1.7.x] Module Manager 4.0.3 (August 9th 2019) - Right To Ludicrous Speed

Recommended Posts

Where do .cfg files that edit parts need to be located to work? at the root of GameData?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, guitarxe said:

Where do .cfg files that edit parts need to be located to work? at the root of GameData?

In GameData

You can put them in a subfolder of gamedata as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh, strange. Doesn't seem to work for me...

I play with BTSM and wanted to get MechJeb working, so I used that .cfg file like this:



@PART[mumech_MJ2_AR202]
{

    @MODULE[MechJebCore]
    {
        @MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
    } 
}

@PART[mumech_MJ2_Pod]
{

    @MODULE[MechJebCore]
    {
    @MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = start }
        @MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
    } 
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:Final
{
MODULE


 {
        name = MechJebCore

MechJebLocalSettings
{

MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleNodeEditor {unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = start }
            MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = start }

  }

}

And placed it in GameData, but doesn't seem to work - I get the MechJeb window, but no dV readouts and can't control craft with SASS. Shouldn't this have made it work with any command module?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I ask what the difference between 2.6.18 and the occasional ModuleManager 2.6.20 I see floating around actually are? I've been quite confused for a bit as it's not released here, but some others are releasing it with their mods. Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by FiiZzioN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2016 at 2:41 AM, Rekthor said:

I seem to be getting a bug with the new 1.1 pre-release version (note that I have MechJeb and Protractor installed, and those are the only two that MM affects): when I'm in the VAB or SPH, any part that uses particle effects (engines, decouplers, RCS, etc.) will play its effect ad infinitum, and I won't be able to stage any part at all, nor lift off from the launchpad.

Someone on Reddit also has the same bug, and it stopped for both of us when we re-installed the 1.0.5 version of MM.

Any ideas on what's wrong?

Yep, getting the same gas/propellant/particle emissions bug from RCS and stage separators with the pre-release MM. It's affecting stock RCS and stage separator parts the exact same way (which it shouldn't do if MM wasn't the cause) 

The effect stops when I uninstall the MM .dll and revert back to 2.6.18, which 1.1 doesn't use anyway. It's not using monopropellant, which is a good thing, it's just the effect is running continuously in the VAB and during flight.

 

Edited by W1ntermute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need help on createing a part from another with MM. I don't need the syntaxe, the wiki is sufficient.

I want to do a 3.75m to 2.5m variant of this adapter :

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Rockomax_Brand_Adapter_02

I suppose I need to change those data

rescaleFactor = 1
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.1892163, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.1892163, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
breakingForce = 200
breakingTorque = 200
bulkheadProfiles = size2, size1

Do I need to change other data ? will it be sufficient ? What data should I set ? Do default drag will match ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Warzouz said:

I need help on createing a part from another with MM. I don't need the syntaxe, the wiki is sufficient.

I want to do a 3.75m to 2.5m variant of this adapter :

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Rockomax_Brand_Adapter_02

I suppose I need to change those data


rescaleFactor = 1
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.1892163, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.1892163, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
breakingForce = 200
breakingTorque = 200
bulkheadProfiles = size2, size1

Do I need to change other data ? will it be sufficient ? What data should I set ? Do default drag will match ?

iirc you don't need to change the stack nodes, they are rescaled automatically

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

iirc you don't need to change the stack nodes, they are rescaled automatically

But the last parameter isn't the stack node size ?

OK, so basically, I juste have to do change to :

rescaleFactor = 1.5 (=3.75/2.5)
breakingForce = 300 (really usful ? some parts don't have that)
breakingTorque = 300 (really usful ? some parts don't have that)
bulkheadProfiles = size3, size2

embedded into the correct MM syntaxe.

Last question : if I use the "create" from MM feature, do I have to copy all the part ressources (textures, mu...) or do I nee only the MM script ?

Edited by Warzouz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really an expert about parts, but I don't think you need to change anything other than the name and the rescale factor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2016 at 11:19 PM, W1ntermute said:

Yep, getting the same gas/propellant/particle emissions bug from RCS and stage separators with the pre-release MM. It's affecting stock RCS and stage separator parts the exact same way (which it shouldn't do if MM wasn't the cause) 

The effect stops when I uninstall the MM .dll and revert back to 2.6.18, which 1.1 doesn't use anyway. It's not using monopropellant, which is a good thing, it's just the effect is running continuously in the VAB and during flight.

 

Look for, and temporarily remove the folder RcsSounds from your gamedata folder....I was having the same problem...and it seems like this add on effect is trigerring it. I took the folder out , and RCS is back to useable for me now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Warzouz said:

But the last parameter isn't the stack node size ?

OK, so basically, I juste have to do change to :


rescaleFactor = 1.5 (=3.75/2.5)
breakingForce = 300 (really usful ? some parts don't have that)
breakingTorque = 300 (really usful ? some parts don't have that)
bulkheadProfiles = size3, size2

embedded into the correct MM syntaxe.

Last question : if I use the "create" from MM feature, do I have to copy all the part ressources (textures, mu...) or do I nee only the MM script ?

to copy a part you do :

$PART[partName]
{
 @name = newPartName
 @rescaleFactor = 1.5
 
}

Add more @ for the other values

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking to do a bit of MM magic on some parts.  what I want is for MM to modify ANY part that has Liquid Fuel OR Oxidizer OR Mono propellant..

 

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]|@RESOURCE[Oxidizer]|@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]]

 

this will do the job?

Edited by Bit Fiddler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7.4.2016 at 5:53 AM, Bit Fiddler said:

Looking to do a bit of MM magic on some parts.  what I want is for MM to modify ANY part that has Liquid Fuel OR Oxidizer OR Mono propellant..

 

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]|@RESOURCE[Oxidizer]|@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]]

 

this will do the job?

Not exactly sure, but I think you have to use commas instead of "|". Didn't understood yet why the @ but I saw others use them like you did so wait for a second opinion.

But best way to figure this out is trying and learning from your mistakes... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roovy said:

Not exactly sure, but I think you have to use commas instead of "|". Didn't understood yet why the @ but I saw others use them like you did so wait for a second opinion.

But best way to figure this out is trying and learning from your mistakes... 

I think @Bit Fiddler has it right.  IIRC, comma is equivalent to &, so @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer] would match a part that has both LiquidFuel and Oxidizer.  | means or.

Also @ identifies subnotes in a HAS clause.

Edited by blowfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

Thanks, I guess I will give it a try and see if I can figure out what is happening.

Sorry, I referenced the wrong person.  I think what you had originally is correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bit FiddlerGood luck :D and success. 

4 hours ago, blowfish said:

I think @Bit Fiddler has it right.  IIRC, comma is equivalent to &, so @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer] would match a part that has both LiquidFuel and Oxidizer.  | means or.

Also @ identifies subnotes in a HAS clause.

Oh. Overread the OR OR LF OR Mp. I'm sorry... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi, I have a quistion.

I understand that !PART deletes the part e.x.

!PART[Polaris_Solar_A]:NEEDS[RealismOverhaul]

but what does it mean, if a Body follows, e.x.:

!PART[Polaris_Solar_A]:NEEDS[RealismOverhaul]
{
	%RSSROConfig = True
	%rescaleFactor = 1.85
	%scale = 0.5405
	%mass = 0.087 // Level 2 @ 0.0008t/m^2 + 0.005t/m^2
	
	%title = Fuji Solar Panels
	%description = Large craft requires large panels.
	
	!MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]
	{
		@chargeRate = 0.3165 // Level 2 @ 0.211kW/m^2
	}
}

does it make sense? or was the author just lazy and only changed a @ to a ! sign (or left the specs for any reason) ?

 

best regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@nablabla That does seem odd, since if the mode is deleted then none of the contents matter.  It might just be a typo, ! and @ are right next to each other on the keyboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh okay, i found the reaon, it was my first guess, first line in the file
// Removing until textures arrive

:lol: 

and thank you

Edited by nablabla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2016 at 10:32 PM, Solospirit said:

Look for, and temporarily remove the folder RcsSounds from your gamedata folder....I was having the same problem...and it seems like this add on effect is trigerring it. I took the folder out , and RCS is back to useable for me now. 

Thanku, will do, I hope it fixes the stage separators as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For unknown reason, the following MM script does not seem to work with ModuleManager.2.6.20:

@PHYSICSGLOBALS
{
    @stack_PriUsesSurf = True
}

Anyone know what is the problem?

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

For unknown reason, the following MM script does not seem to work with ModuleManager.2.6.20:


@PHYSICSGLOBALS
{
    @stack_PriUsesSurf = True
}

Anyone know what is the problem?

should work, could you upload your mm cache file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

should work, could you upload your mm cache file?

Alright, it seems the bug is already fixed in ModuleManager.2.6.21

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh maybe the underscore was messing up with the patch :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.