[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

Ok, 2.3.4 should fix all the reported bugs :

- Ressource definition are now reloaded at the end of the patch

- ~TechRequired[] should now work fine

- loading should be faster for people with a lot of parts

ModuleManager.2.3.4.dll

ModuleManager-2.3.4.zip

I'll wait for your feedback before marking this as the new official release.

Edit : cremasterstroke, I'd say the problem is more with RSS than MM. I'll talk to NathanKell.

Edited by sarbian

Ok, 2.3.4 should fix all the reported bugs :

- Ressource definition are now reloaded at the end of the patch

- ~TechRequired[] should now work fine

- loading should be faster for people with a lot of parts

ModuleManager.2.3.3.dll

ModuleManager-2.3.3.zip

I'll wait for your feedback before marking this as the new official release.

The Downloads are 2.3.3 and not 2.3.4, just wanted to mention that.

If you have a module with a node that takes a comma separated list of values and want to add to that list... is there a way to APPEND values to a nodes existing values?

MODULE
{
name = Blah
foo = bar, bar2, bar3
}

and lets say I would like to use a MM cfg to add "bar4" to that list:

MODULE
{
name = Blah
foo = bar, bar2, bar3, bar4
}

if it was only one part, I would just do "@foo = bar, bar2, bar3, bar4". but I'm dealing with multiple parts that have differing values to which i would like to append "bar4"

So far I had no problems with 2.3.4 but I have about 1000 patches it applies to the game, so I'm not sure that I noticed an performance increase.

In 2.2.2 I had some trouble with deleting nodes, that is something I'm going to test in the evening.

I hope im asking this in the right place. Sry if Im not. I am using moduleManager 2.3.1 (btw thanks for this update, version 2.1.1 was taking all of my cores to 100% usage for about 30sec, I was getting a lot of heat in that time, thanks)

Question: during game loading, What does it mean when ModuleManager reports "hidden item's"? Is this a sign that my mod install did not go well and those items will not be in the game?

I have a lot of mods that I am trying to get working in 64bit, I only have Raster mods to go, 8 of them, but I think, at least one of these mods has a problem and I won't be able to use it. If "hidden item's" are a sign of a problem on a mod install then my problem could be in one of the mods that I already have installed. Pulln my hair out here lol, thanks, in advance for any help you can give me.

I hope im asking this in the right place. Sry if Im not. I am using moduleManager 2.3.1 (btw thanks for this update, version 2.1.1 was taking all of my cores to 100% usage for about 30sec, I was getting a lot of heat in that time, thanks)

Question: during game loading, What does it mean when ModuleManager reports "hidden item's"? Is this a sign that my mod install did not go well and those items will not be in the game?

I have a lot of mods that I am trying to get working in 64bit, I only have Raster mods to go, 8 of them, but I think, at least one of these mods has a problem and I won't be able to use it. If "hidden item's" are a sign of a problem on a mod install then my problem could be in one of the mods that I already have installed. Pulln my hair out here lol, thanks, in advance for any help you can give me.

Don't worry about hidden items. It just. Means some patches only apply if you have Certain mods installed.

For instance Spaceplane plus has configs for far. But if far isn't installed then those far patches are 'hidden'

Quick question. MM is saying I have errors in a couple of cfg files. It tells me the names of the files, but I can't see anything obvious in them that could be wrong.

I don't doubt there are errors but I need more info to proceed. I suspect I'm missing something but is there a log/error file that is generated by MM on load that would include more info about these errors it's reporting? I've been poking around a bunch of the logs in my current game and can't see to find one that's relevant.

Just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks.

Looked for info on this but didn't see anything.

Is it possible to add/subtract from ISP values?

Like this?

@atmosphereCurve
{
@key -= 0 10
@key += 1 10
}

It's possible to do math on a value that consists of a single number. On a key value that consists of multiple numbers, there would have to be some way to specify which token to do math on and which to just match. That would be too complicated for MM's syntax. Only thing you can really do with a curve is replace entire keys.

It's possible to do math on a value that consists of a single number. On a key value that consists of multiple numbers, there would have to be some way to specify which token to do math on and which to just match. That would be too complicated for MM's syntax. Only thing you can really do with a curve is replace entire keys.

So could you do just:

@atmosphereCurve
{
@key += 10
}

Or something similar?

Yes you can edit the science info. Since experiment don't have a name value the syntax is a bit more complex but it's still perfectly doable.

I don't have the science def format here but I ll give you an exemple after work

Is it possible to copy a value from one module in a part to another module in a part?

Also, is it possible to perform math operations on values from parts?

For example, lets say I want the surface area of cylindrical tanks based on the stack nodes, and I then calculate the weight from the surface area, the end result looking like so:

PART {    
name = example_tank

scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_top = 0.0, 2.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -2.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

MODULE {
name = example_module_1
surface_area = 41.23 //2Àrh+2Àr^2 for surface of cylinder
}

MODULE {
name = unpressurized_tank
tank_weight = 824.6 //20kg * 41.23m(sq)
}
}

I can't seem to find any documentation on how to access values from other modules or from a parent module. Basically, this is what I imagine it might look like, where :

@PART[example_tank] {
@MODULE[example_module] {
var = #:node_stack_top[1]
@var -= #:node_stack_bottom[1]
%surface_area = 3.92698 //pi * 0.625 * 2
@surface_area *= var
@var = #:node_stack_top[6]
@var *= 0.625
@var *= var
@var *= 6.28318 //pi * 2
@surface_area += var
-var = delete
}
@MODULE[unpressurize_tank] {
%tank_weight = 20
@tank_weight *= #MODULE[example_module]:surface_area
}
}

If the math syntax is incorrect, that's not an issue; I can just break them out. My main concern is how to get values from outside a context. If that could be done, it would make automated updates substantially easier and more accurate for things like Real Fuels. In the above example, I used a hypothetical format as follows:

#<module if any in 'MODULE[name]' format><optionally '#' and repeat for sub-modules><':' denotes parameter desired><[] optional for 0-indexed selection of comma or semicolon delimited parts>

I am looking for this functionality for a number of applications. The only real alternative would be to write up a script to generate the module manager config files, as there are over 100 parts I want to modify, and only about 5 or 6 kinds of modification that need done to them. I know Module manager is no replacement for a mod itself, but I feel like this functionality stays true to MM's mission and scope. It doesn't add logic or loops, just allows full scope access within a part. It doesn't even add global variables (which would be nice, as would sqrt, abs, and OoO math syntax, but those are another topic xD). If I can find time, I may take a stab at adding this to MM myself, but I'm not too sure of my time or skill in that matter...

Thanks to the maintainers of MM, you are awesome! and thanks to anyone who takes the time to consider this question/request!

Edited by dreadicon

I have said it many many ma,y time in the thread. MM uses the stock KSP parser to do its work. It is limited by that parser and I don't want to remove that limitation.

The current operator set already allow to do a lot of stuff when you use them properly. I will not implement what amounts to a language interpreter in MM (at least not for now).

But your proposition does not look as incompatible with the stock parser as some of the other I had. I may look into it, but don't hold you breath and start writing a script to generate your patch file.

I have said it many many ma,y time in the thread. MM uses the stock KSP parser to do its work. It is limited by that parser and I don't want to remove that limitation.

The current operator set already allow to do a lot of stuff when you use them properly. I will not implement what amounts to a language interpreter in MM (at least not for now).

But your proposition does not look as incompatible with the stock parser as some of the other I had. I may look into it, but don't hold you breath and start writing a script to generate your patch file.

Sorry about that; I did some basic research on how MM works under the hood, but did not dig too deep. I know MM isn't a language interpreter, and that's why I avoided things like logic and loops. I got the idea when I noticed a couple configs use a syntax like "mass = 0.001 * volume" (Real Fuels comes to mind), but I am guessing that RF itself handles this. Thanks for the consideration anyways! I cleaned up the example code a little converting all the math to assignment operators, in case you ever want to look at it again in the future. The syntax I proposed was just off the top of my head; I'm sure there are much better ones. And thanks for an awesome mod!