[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

30 minutes ago, therealcrow999 said:

It's been a while since I played and put in this mod, isn't there a way to edit the cloud amounts, color and etc in game. Wasn't that a thing before, instead of going in the config and changing stuff. 

Does anyone have a config that adds in more clouds to Kerbin and the red clouds back to Duna? I did the original work on the Duna clouds when this mod first came out and I am kind of sad they are gone and replaced by white clouds.

If not I may try to go in and create my own config to be used. Just want to know if I have to manually do or is there a option in game to edit stuff with this mod, like before.

Thanks!

Just open the in-game GUI with ALT+0 (zero) and you'll be able to tweak and save every Eve config or create new ones.

1 hour ago, therealcrow999 said:

It's been a while since I played and put in this mod, isn't there a way to edit the cloud amounts, color and etc in game. Wasn't that a thing before, instead of going in the config and changing stuff. 

Does anyone have a config that adds in more clouds to Kerbin and the red clouds back to Duna? I did the original work on the Duna clouds when this mod first came out and I am kind of sad they are gone and replaced by white clouds.

If not I may try to go in and create my own config to be used. Just want to know if I have to manually do or is there a option in game to edit stuff with this mod, like before.

Thanks!

From time to time I play around with some of the cloud settings. To prevent interfearing with EVE/BoulderCo I set up my own little directory. This is nothing but private play-around, however it is working with EVE v1.1-2-1. It offers more clouds on Kerbin, a tiny bit more blue for Kerbin's atmosphere, a bit more redish clouds for Duna (on Mars the real clouds are also like this, pretty much like white, because they are ice clouds with a little bit of dust), and also the old red duststorms blowing around Duna:

http://tekener.com/KSP/TekVisuals.7z

Simply extract it to GameData - it will overwrite the BoulderCo/textures.cfg to prevent double cloud assignments with my own texture.cfg.

Edited by Tekener

1 hour ago, Tekener said:

From time to time I play around with some of the cloud settings. To prevent interfearing with EVE/BoulderCo I set up my own little directory. This is nothing but private play-around, however it is working with EVE v1.1-2-1. It offers more clouds on Kerbin, a tiny bit more blue for Kerbin's atmosphere, a bit more redish clouds for Duna (on Mars the real clouds are also like this, pretty much like white, because they are ice clouds with a little bit of dust), and also the old red duststorms blowing around Duna:

http://tekener.com/KSP/TekVisuals.7z

Simply extract it to GameData - it will overwrite the BoulderCo/textures.cfg to prevent double cloud assignments with my own texture.cfg.

Does this work with the just 1.1-2 version or will this also work with the 1.1-3 Pre-Release?

I don't have the 1.1-3 Pre-Release, so I can't tell you. Please feel free to try. If it is not working you just have to restore the BoulderCo config and remove my folder. Let me know if it is working :)

Well I got the red clouds back on Duna, I am using this color code in the config  _Color = 92,44,24,255

If you want I uploaded the clouds.cfg so just replace in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\BoulderCo\Atmosphere 

with either ones of these files, depends on which version on EVE you use:

1.1-2:

[snip]

1.1-3:

[snip]

Now all I did was change the Duna clouds back to a dusty red. You can't see them from a distance, mostly when on surface or on the poles when they float over the white caps. 

Edited by Vanamonde
Fixing Links 2

1 hour ago, therealcrow999 said:

This is a strange question, how do I make the links about clickable, I tried different things and it doesn't work. Is there a special code I need for the forums. The old forum I was able to easy.

Select the text you want to make clickable with the cursor, then click the link icon (the chains, next to the quotation mark). You will then be asked to enter a link. Paste in the link and presto, you've turned a word or sentence into a clickable link.

4 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Select the text you want to make clickable with the cursor, then click the link icon (the chains, next to the quotation mark). You will then be asked to enter a link. Paste in the link and presto, you've turned a word or sentence into a clickable link.

Yeah for some reason it did work for me. I also embedded it manually to be clickable. Oh well must of been one of those things.

On 26/04/2016 at 0:09 AM, Tekener said:

I managed to get the Duna duststorms back and also add the old Kerbin atmosphere layers.

Just extract this zip into the GameData folder:
http://tekener.com/KSP/BoulderCo.zip

Excuse me, is this compatible with EVE version 1-1-3? I've looked in the .cfg files and the particle files mentioned there don't seem to exist...

2 hours ago, jlcarneiro said:

Excuse me, is this compatible with EVE version 1-1-3? I've looked in the .cfg files and the particle files mentioned there don't seem to exist...

When I tested it the other day I think its only for 1.1-2 not 1.1-3. I notice there was some additions in the 1.1-3. I believe it would need to be done on top of the base 1.1-3 to work with the new additions. I am sure Tekener would do it later on.

I was going to stick with 1.1-2 but after testing out 1.1-3, I like it better. The cloud textures looks slightly different, more almost on the self shader side of things, I really like their look.

I don't mind Kerbin not having so many clouds, makes it easier for me to find the KSC, but that is preference. I wouldn't mind increasing the amount of clouds to have some more then the stock EVE, which for some reason, the older one use to have more clouds. 

I've got a question for all the EVE experts out there: I've noticed that, when zooming in or out on a planet in the tracking station/map view, clouds seem to raise and lower, sometimes going lower than mountains in scaledspace while appearing over mountains from afar. Does anyone know if it's possible to disable this behavior and, if so, how?

4 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Soooo what will happen if I combine this with the Scatterer mod? I didn't see an answer on the forum from a cursory look.

Your head will literally explode. The second you launch the game with both installed.

No seriously, the mods are pretty much meant to work together. :P

@rbray89 - So i searched this thread and couldn't see anyone else reporting this. but I have noticed the celestial shadows are showing through on the dark side of the celestialbodies.
I see nothing in the logs. I'm wondering are you using stencil shaders for the shadows? As this would explain why the shadow is going through the mesh and showing on the opposite side.

Edited by JPLRepo

Hey rbray, were you planning to continue working with the terrain texture system? Also Noticed that the cloud mask noise feature seems to be no longer present, maybe I'm doing something wrong though? Cheers