[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Is it possible to transfer resources between multiple parts simultaneously (out of one container into multiple or into one container from multiple)? Stock lets you do this, and I use it to keep craft balanced even if I can't fill all radial tanks completely, but it doesn't seem possible with the alternate resource transfer GUI...

Is it possible to transfer resources between multiple parts simultaneously (out of one container into multiple or into one container from multiple)? Stock lets you do this, and I use it to keep craft balanced even if I can't fill all radial tanks completely, but it doesn't seem possible with the alternate resource transfer GUI...

This mod does not get in the way of this stock functionality. I have it installed and have on multiple occasions transferred fuel both from and to one tank both into and out of multiple other tanks.

This mod does not get in the way of this stock functionality. I have it installed and have on multiple occasions transferred fuel both from and to one tank both into and out of multiple other tanks.

Of course it's possible to use the stock GUI for it; but I kind of wanted to use the nice shiny mod GUI for that purpose =)

Also, I'm having an issue with auto-staging. Maybe it's just me, but I can't get it to recognize the first time I stage:

- I put a new craft on the launchpad,

- set throttle, set autostage end stage

- arm autostage

- press space

What happens: the craft launches, but the autostage GUI says it's still waiting for me to manually stage once before it takes over. If I then drop my first stage, it will take over properly.

I tried putting in a fake, empty stage, so that the craft is "launched" but no engines have been activated... but that didn't help; even after activating my engines after the fake stage, the autostage GUI still didn't like itâ€â€that is, I'd pressed space twice since arming the autostager and it still didn't recognize either one. Apparently something had to actually fall off my craft before the autostager would take over.

Sorry I'm slow to get back, lots going on.

I'm logging each of the bugs/requests as I get em, and will work on em as soon as I can

Also, I'm having an issue with auto-staging. Maybe it's just me, but I can't get it to recognize the first time I stage:

- I put a new craft on the launchpad,

- set throttle, set autostage end stage

- arm autostage

- press space

What happens: the craft launches, but the autostage GUI says it's still waiting for me to manually stage once before it takes over. If I then drop my first stage, it will take over properly.

I tried putting in a fake, empty stage, so that the craft is "launched" but no engines have been activated... but that didn't help; even after activating my engines after the fake stage, the autostage GUI still didn't like itâ€â€that is, I'd pressed space twice since arming the autostager and it still didn't recognize either one. Apparently something had to actually fall off my craft before the autostager would take over.

Not heard of that one before, but will give it the once over

• 3 weeks later...
Also, I'm having an issue with auto-staging.

I've encountered this a few times, but it wasn't an every time bug.

I have three problems.

First, when replacing the stock resource panel and swapping between vessels it sticks. When I mouse over the other stock buttons, the stock panel is displayed underneath your resource panel. To fix it I need to click on your resource button. I think it might be that the panel is still shown when the stock panel would be hidden. So it doesn't know when to hide itself. This would explain why clicking on the button fixes it, the panel is now in a displayed state and can correctly determine when to hide itself.

Second, changing the display units does not convert the value. When I first saw that the unit of measurement could be changed I thought I could use this to just see how much fuel weight I have instead of multiplying by its density. So I took the displayed numbers and tossed them into my /\V equation and saw that I had plenty of fuel left. I begin my burn and run dry well before I should have. Took me about an hour to trace the problem back to this mod not converting units. I realize adding mathematical procedures to mods is quite a bit of work. Most resources have a known unit of measurement that is used, the unit option could be changed to just two options; stock (no unit displayed) and displaying unit that resource uses.

Third, this has a conflict with Procedural Fairings. When I have a fairing ring in a stage this mod does not recognize any fuel in that stage as being associate with that stage. The total fuel is still calculated correctly.

I've encountered this a few times, but it wasn't an every time bug.

I have three problems.

First, when replacing the stock resource panel and swapping between vessels it sticks. When I mouse over the other stock buttons, the stock panel is displayed underneath your resource panel. To fix it I need to click on your resource button. I think it might be that the panel is still shown when the stock panel would be hidden. So it doesn't know when to hide itself. This would explain why clicking on the button fixes it, the panel is now in a displayed state and can correctly determine when to hide itself.

Second, changing the display units does not convert the value. When I first saw that the unit of measurement could be changed I thought I could use this to just see how much fuel weight I have instead of multiplying by its density. So I took the displayed numbers and tossed them into my /\V equation and saw that I had plenty of fuel left. I begin my burn and run dry well before I should have. Took me about an hour to trace the problem back to this mod not converting units. I realize adding mathematical procedures to mods is quite a bit of work. Most resources have a known unit of measurement that is used, the unit option could be changed to just two options; stock (no unit displayed) and displaying unit that resource uses.

Third, this has a conflict with Procedural Fairings. When I have a fairing ring in a stage this mod does not recognize any fuel in that stage as being associate with that stage. The total fuel is still calculated correctly.

tackling these one at a time :)

* I haven't been able to repro the autostage one, but am still trying in the time I have

* When replacing the stock panel... this one is an issue in the "MutuallyExclusive" function that is in the AppLauncher - is a reported bug am hoping it gets looked at by the devs soon

* I do recall going over this one when it was implemented, but cant recall the exact conversation now. I dont see any code in there thats using density, so its not doing it yeah. Do you mind giving me a practical example for this one including density stuff - here or via PM - just so I can understand it better. I'll try and dig up the notes from when it was implemented

* Thats not fun, I reckon the bugs in procedural fairings :wink: . I'll have to download and install it, if you have a simple test vessel that demos it and you dont mind sharing that would be really save me some time

Thanks for the info, is good stuff

* I do recall going over this one when it was implemented, but cant recall the exact conversation now. I dont see any code in there thats using density, so its not doing it yeah. Do you mind giving me a practical example for this one including density stuff - here or via PM - just so I can understand it better. I'll try and dig up the notes from when it was implemented

ESVcuL6.png

In the top half of this picture we see Liquid Fuel displayed using the "Default KSP Units" option with a value of 5000.

In the lower half of the picture is the same Liquid Fuel displayed using Kilograms with a value of 5000kg.

The default unit for liquid fuel (and most fuels) is liters. Liquid fuel has a density of 5kg/l. So the lower portion of the picture should display 25000kg. This problem is standard for all stock fuels.

For a quick reminder so you don't need to look it up, here are the densities (pulled straight from the official wiki):

Solid Fuel 7.5kg/l

Liquid Fuel & Oxidizer 5kg/l

Monopropellant 4kg/l

Xenon 0.1kg/unit (the wiki does not specify which unit of measurement is displayed, but as the amount in a PB-X150 is 700 and the fuel mass is 0.07 that would make the display units grams I think.)

* Thats not fun, I reckon the bugs in procedural fairings :wink: . I'll have to download and install it, if you have a simple test vessel that demos it and you dont mind sharing that would be really save me some time

Now I want a problem that has occurred on every ship I've built, I can not replicate.

I've got a 250T ship that, in addition to the two mods in question, also uses RealChute and TAC-LS parts. If you want that, PM me instructions on how to get it to you.

I wanted to find out if its possible for this mod to use the Stock KSP icon to call ARP, (Currently I have both the Stock RP and ARP icons in my stock tool bar.

I know it should be possible to make the stock icon call up ARP instead, (Contracts Window+ does it),

Or maybe it can already do it I just have not found that setting. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Oops never mind, I missed the drop down to access the "other" settings pages and found it now.

On the Other hand I have another question now..... ;)

In Gruntworks RT Mod demo videos on YouTube, The ARP is shown shifted slightly to the left so it does not block the "Alert/Notice" Icons as they appear on the right side of the screen.

But I am not able to move the ARP screen. (But His videos were on KSP 0.24 so maybe was changed in later versions of ARP) Or maybe that is a result of using the replacing the Stock RP Icon to open ARP? In testing it looks like that IS the reason, When I use Blizzys Tool Bar to launch ARP I CAN move it.

Bummer, cause I prefer replacing the stock button, but wish I could still re-position the window.

Edited by BlackHat

I seem to be having a bug with the iconset determination. I have it set to "Player <-> Mod <-> ARP", but it always loads the ARP icons in preference to mod icons when it loads. If I change the iconset order after starting the scenario it updates properly -- it's just the initial load that doesn't respect the setting.

• 1 month later...

Sadly the release time of KSP (morning Mex) means it happens overnight here, and I can't upload stuff before release. New version is already tested, will be recompiled against 1.0 binaries and out this evening my time - bout 8 hours from now

I'm getting quite annoyed by not getting emails from the forum when threads get updated and have been missing a bunch of these during test periods. apologies for that, but now that 1.0 is out the door should have some time to dig back in on these

In 1.0, there is no toolbar button showing for this mod...Neither stock OR Blizzy's ToolBar... ???

EDIT: Went into the .cfg and changed UseBlizzyToolbarIfAvailable = False, to TRUE...That got it, so I could get the window open with B's TB, then go into settings and toggle the stock button...Basic functionality seems to work in 1.0...Assuming the numbers are reporting correctly, though... The EC Time Remaining seems to not be very helpful by cycling up and down so vastly, and quickly, also...????

Pleeze make sure to post up on the Compatability thread once you're sure all your awesome mods are working, TriggerAu... Thanx for the sweet mods.. :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/116916-Comprehensive-Mod-Compatibility-List-for-KSP-1-0

Edited by Stone Blue

When I made the mod replace the stock resources, it started throwing one NRE on each mouseover (it was in 0.90 as well, I just didn't report it then). I decided to see how it looks in Blizzy's Toolbar:

bV3jYdC.png

It turned into unclickable question marks.

I have the version for 1.0 installed, but I'm not actually seeing the icon or the panel on the stock toolbar. It isn't showing up in Blizzy's toolbar either. Am I doing something incorrectly?

When I made the mod replace the stock resources, it started throwing one NRE on each mouseover (it was in 0.90 as well, I just didn't report it then). I decided to see how it looks in Blizzy's Toolbar:

http://i.imgur.com/bV3jYdC.png

I'll have to give that one a test here, and get back to yoiu

I have the version for 1.0 installed, but I'm not actually seeing the icon or the panel on the stock toolbar. It isn't showing up in Blizzy's toolbar either. Am I doing something incorrectly?

If youhave just a stock install it should show up in the app launcher by default. Can you have a look at the log (and perhaps share it using something like pastebin) it will display any errors that the mod is logging

Trigger, I deleted the folder and reinstalled it, and that corrected the issue. I also updated the Distant Object Enhancement mod, which had another update. There were duplicate toolbar buttons that also seemed to be hiding other toolbar buttons, and that may have been the root cause.

Thanks for your assistance!

Trigger, I deleted the folder and reinstalled it, and that corrected the issue. I also updated the Distant Object Enhancement mod, which had another update. There were duplicate toolbar buttons that also seemed to be hiding other toolbar buttons, and that may have been the root cause.

Thanks for your assistance!

xcellent news

http://i.imgur.com/bV3jYdC.png

I can confirm that I have get same issue whenever I try to use it through Blizzy's Toolbar. Purging and reinstalling the folder seems to be the only way to reset it. For now I wont use it through toolbar, but otherwise the latest build is working well for me. Thank you for a GREAT mod! It's part of my collection for sure.