[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

57 minutes ago, keyspace said:

It seems blizzy's not been around since May 31st. On GitHub, last commit was on June 8th. JSYK, this might take a while

Yup, hence why I got the post out as soon as I noticed.  People can use my fixed version today (or when they update their mods for 1.2) and be ready for when Contract Configurator's KSP 1.2 update comes and breaks things. :)

On 9/28/2016 at 1:59 AM, nightingale said:

Yup, hence why I got the post out as soon as I noticed.  People can use my fixed version today (or when they update their mods for 1.2) and be ready for when Contract Configurator's KSP 1.2 update comes and breaks things. :)

is there any download link for your fixed version for 1.1.3?

thanks

1 minute ago, Jiraiyah said:

is there any download link for your fixed version for 1.1.3?

thanks

That fixed version works for 1.1.3 and 1.2 (unless there are other updates required for toolbar - but that's something blizzy will have to look at).

36 minutes ago, Kobymaru said:

Sorry if I am missing the obvious, but is it possible to align the buttons on a toolbar *vertically*?

When you are in a move mode, then hower with a mouse cursor over the edge or the corner of the toolbar and you can resize it to whatever grid you want (single line, single column, two lines etc.)

1 hour ago, maja said:

When you are in a move mode, then hower with a mouse cursor over the edge or the corner of the toolbar and you can resize it to whatever grid you want (single line, single column, two lines etc.)

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, does that issue effect every mod that uses toolbar or just mods that happen to have this code that you're using in ContractConfig?

I'm not using CC, and Toolbar doesn't seem to be working for me either.  The toolbar doesn't appear in game and none of the mods that use toolbar appear to be working either unless I also happened to have set them to have stock toolbar buttons before the patch went live.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18212815/output_log.txt

Edited by Capt. Hunt

20 minutes ago, Capt. Hunt said:

Wait, does that issue effect every mod that uses toolbar or just mods that happen to have this code that you're using in ContractConfig?

I'm not using CC, and Toolbar doesn't seem to be working for me either.  The toolbar doesn't appear in game and none of the mods that use toolbar appear to be working either unless I also happened to have set them to have stock toolbar buttons before the patch went live.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18212815/output_log.txt

It hasn't been updated for 1.2. I would not expect it work until it is updated. 

9 hours ago, Capt. Hunt said:

it had been working fine under 1.1.3, despite the warning, I hope this gets updated soon.;.;

1.1.1,1.1.2,1.1.3 != 1.2. 1.2 was a major update not a point release. Do not expect any mods to just work in 1.2. 

12 hours ago, Tarheel1999 said:

1.1.1,1.1.2,1.1.3 != 1.2. 1.2 was a major update not a point release. Do not expect any mods to just work in 1.2. 

well, yeah, I know that, I was only asking if Nightingale's "fix" would help or if it only affected his mod. You don't have to be rude about it.  Any thoughts on tricking some of my other mods to use the stock toolbar instead while we wait for @blizzy78 ?

11 hours ago, Capt. Hunt said:

well, yeah, I know that, I was only asking if Nightingale's "fix" would help or if it only affected his mod. You don't have to be rude about it.  Any thoughts on tricking some of my other mods to use the stock toolbar instead while we wait for @blizzy78 ?

Not possible, the coding for each is different.

6 hours ago, ajud said:

when this will be for 1.2?

I know you're new here but we have a rule about repeated asking for mod updates (further back you can see some discussion of its status on 1.2). Please be patient with the volunteers who spend their free time improving the game for the rest of us.

3 hours ago, Capt. Hunt said:

I know most of my mods that used it had options for either toolbar, but I had most of them set for this one.  Maybe if I reinstalled some of them it'll reset them.

Several mods have configuration files within the mod folder which are in text format, so you can open them in notepad, look for something that reads like "use stock toolbar" and you'll probably have a boolean operator, like TRUE or FALSE you can simply change

Thanks, I managed to get most of my other mods working so far, except for one or two others that were broken by the update. At least that means Toolbar isn't as critical for my game, one less thing to worry about. 

Edited by Capt. Hunt

I have recompiled Toolbar 1.7.12 against KSP 1.2 and it seems to be working

here is mod dll https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18975363/Toolbar.dll

just install version 1.7.12 and replace the dll, in case you don't want to see warning about KSP version also fix KSP_VERSION_MAX in Toolbar.version

Edited by Corvax
mistype

17 hours ago, Corvax said:

I have recompiled Toolbar 1.7.12 against KSP 1.2 and it seems to be working

here is mod dll https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18975363/Toolbar.dll

just install version 1.7.12 and replace the dll, in case you don't want to see warning about KSP version also fix KSP_VERSION_MAX in Toolbar.version

Thanks a lot, my stock bar was already off the bottom of the page :)

12 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

Epic first post

Totally agreed

10 minutes ago, Torih said:

Thanks a lot, my stock bar was already off the bottom of the page :)

You know, I wish some tallented man or woman come up with a mod that would let us choose smaller buttons for just the stock bar, i mean, we can make the whole gui smaller but we don't have control over the stock bar alone, would be nice to have a setting just for that part of the gui, i think smaller buttons wouldn't hurt anything but would help a lot

6 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

but we don't have control over the stock bar alone

yes you do. In the Settings menu you can scale all sorts of things, including the App Launcher (stock toolbar). I keep it at default tho - personally I don't think most of the icons scale well

Also @Torih was that a joke? The App Launcher is supposed to scroll once its max height is reached

Edited by Drew Kerman