[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

- Bug: Highlighting behaves abnormally on resource changes from crew to another resource. Residual selected part highlighting...

- Internally found, Post release of 0.23.5.3.2.1

- Bug: Highlighting behaves abnormally on part changes when moving away from source and target part being the same...

- Internally found, Post release of 0.23.5.3.2.1a

Not sure if it's related, but:

Using SM with CLS. After closing all windows, CLS highlighting is removed from the ship. But when mousing over the ship, the highlighting is restored on each part as it is moused over. Switching to a nearby ship, highlighting is removed, but added again when mousing over. Only affects ships for which the SM dialog was opened.

( NB: Very useful while doing EVAs on the night-side ;) )

KSP 0.24.2 (x64, Linux), CLS 1.0.8.0, SM 0.24.0.3.3.1

I don't seem to be able to create new kerbals using Ship Manifest... It brings up the new kerbal, but hitting "Apply" doesn't result in a new Kerbal.

I'm getting this in my log:

[Error]: [Applicants List Error]: Cannot Hire Geofwell Kerman as he is not an applicant

I'm almost certain that the problem involves SM in some way (bug, conflict or 64-bit issue). I haven't been getting new applicants at the Astronaut Complex either, which I think is related.

I've now tested without most of the rest of my mods, still no dice. If I could create Kerbals without SM, I'd test it vanilla, but...

Edited by SmarterThanMe

I don't seem to be able to create new kerbals using Ship Manifest... It brings up the new kerbal, but hitting "Apply" doesn't result in a new Kerbal.

I'm getting this in my log:

[Error]: [Applicants List Error]: Cannot Hire Geofwell Kerman as he is not an applicant

I'm almost certain that the problem involves SM in some way (bug, conflict or 64-bit issue). I haven't been getting new applicants at the Astronaut Complex either, which I think is related.

I've now tested without most of the rest of my mods, still no dice. If I could create Kerbals without SM, I'd test it vanilla, but...

I have noticed the same issue in 64bit. Can modify but not create.

Testing Vanilla and all options that may be the cause.

Oddly it has been working fin up till 24.2

Thanks for the info all... I'll reexamine that part. They did make some changes to the hiring process, and I'm not sure if I have the correct states for the newly created kerbals..

I also have that exact same issue of not being able to create my own kerbals with this latest version. I get around it by just hiring generic kerbals and renaming them but if the other poster is correct in that this bug also stops generic kerbals from spawning then that could be a considerable issue down the line.

Using 24.2 under x64

Not sure if it's related, but:

Using SM with CLS. After closing all windows, CLS highlighting is removed from the ship. But when mousing over the ship, the highlighting is restored on each part as it is moused over. Switching to a nearby ship, highlighting is removed, but added again when mousing over. Only affects ships for which the SM dialog was opened.

( NB: Very useful while doing EVAs on the night-side ;) )

KSP 0.24.2 (x64, Linux), CLS 1.0.8.0, SM 0.24.0.3.3.1

I came here to say that I have this same problem. It doesn't happen all the time and I can't reliably reproduce it, but it does happen. Happens on Windows 7 32 bit version (I have a video if you want)

I also got two different errors while just testing stuff sitting on the runway with Fustek and SpacePlanes+ parts:

http://pastebin.com/GaT4Ujzw

http://pastebin.com/K93iS5Mg

Hmmm...

I am pretty sure that I am unable to transfer science out of Universal Storage wedge goo container and materials lab by DMagic, while I can transfer it out of the stock goo container. (64 bit version, but that shouldn't matter here, I believe)

US wedges use DMModuleScienceAnimate, which is both a ModuleScienceExperiment and an IScienceDataContainer.

...I'm actually curious, I guess I'll try fixing this myself and tossing you a pull request.

EDIT: Wait a moment, it doesn't compile because the CrewRoster structure changed.

Is the source actually current?

EDIT EDIT: Well. Eh.

I'm sorry to say but you're doing it wrong. You can't account for IScienceDataContainer, i.e. any non-stock science containing modules, without actually treating all sources of science as IScienceDataContainer. As it is written, Ship Manifest will never even see if DMagic modules contain any data, let alone initiate a transfer.

Has there been any attempt to work this problem out again? I too can confirm that Ship Manifest is still unable to retrieve science from DMagic's experiments...

Has there been any attempt to work this problem out again? I too can confirm that Ship Manifest is still unable to retrieve science from DMagic's experiments...

More than that, it appears to be fixed in the code on Github. Now, the AppLauncher support seems to be preliminary, and there may well be other bugs, but I can confirm it now works with DMagic's stuff.

I will give a link to what I compiled straight from github, but keep in mind it's probably unreleased for a reason, and please do not bug Papa_Joe if something in this version goes horribly wrong. He will, no doubt, release it when he has time, and it's done. Source is in his github, as always, and the license is obviously the same.

You may find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhf8gohyquazuuq/ShipManifest.24.2.0.3.3.1_git_20140811.zip

More than that, it appears to be fixed in the code on Github. Now, the AppLauncher support seems to be preliminary, and there may well be other bugs, but I can confirm it now works with DMagic's stuff.

You tested it and it works? Are you referring to this pull: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/ShipManifest/commit/3d5918a5573541535ee74c20aaab65f4261824a5? I don't think that should work correctly.

What Mihara said is almost certainly correct. Unless you are going directly to IScienceDataContainer, not searching for ModuleScienceExperiment and casting it as IScienceDataContainer, then it shouldn't work correctly. The IScienceDataContainer used by ModuleScienceExperiment can't be overwritten, only hidden, so you have to go directly to IScienceDataContainer.

Tarsier hard drives and Science Alert storage containers are two examples of how this is done correctly.

If all you did was recompile what was on his github, it's going to be the same as the last release. The update to the github lines up with the release. I wasn't trying to rush him or anything, I just haven't seen Papa_Joe comment on this specific bug since Mihara pointed out that the bug still was there. Just wanted to make sure he was aware of it.

My apologoes all for the absense.

I've been very busy with work, and haven't had much time to spend on SM. Thanks to those who have stepped up to go thru the code and offer fixes. I will be reviewing that code as well.

I'd merged in some changes from DMagic (i think) to address the science issue and also merged in the fix for optional toolbar However, I might not have, as I may have simply integrated his changes into my local dev copy. I hadn't released yet as I still had serious issues with getting CLS to play nice with highlighting.

I did comment on the issue in this thread (

I believe the source on Github (unreleased) should compile fine and work. I've no problems with anyone doing that and releasing an "interim" build for the community. As ImTheMinion said, the license certainly allows for it.

I will be getting back to SM very soon. Thanks for your patience, and more importanly, thanks for your feedback and support!

Edited by Papa_Joe

You tested it and it works? Are you referring to this pull: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/ShipManifest/commit/3d5918a5573541535ee74c20aaab65f4261824a5? I don't think that should work correctly.

What Mihara said is almost certainly correct. Unless you are going directly to IScienceDataContainer, not searching for ModuleScienceExperiment and casting it as IScienceDataContainer, then it shouldn't work correctly. The IScienceDataContainer used by ModuleScienceExperiment can't be overwritten, only hidden, so you have to go directly to IScienceDataContainer.

Hm, I believe you are correct. It's still not quite right. I've been mostly busy with other things, so I didn't have time to test thoroughly, so I perhaps jumped the gun.

My apologoes all for the absense.

I've been very busy with work, and haven't had much time to spend on SM. Thanks to those who have stepped up to go thru the code and offer fixes. I will be reviewing that code as well.

I'd merged in some changes from DMagic (i think) to address the science issue and also merged in the fix for optional toolbar However, I might not have, as I may have simply integrated his changes into my local dev copy. I hadn't released yet as I still had serious issues with getting CLS to play nice with highlighting.

I did comment on the issue in this thread (

I believe the source on Github (unreleased) should compile fine and work. I've no problems with anyone doing that and releasing an "interim" build for the community. As ImTheMinion said, the license certainly allows for it.

I will be getting back to SM very soon. Thanks for your patience, and more importanly, thanks for your feedback and support!

No problem at all, Papa_Joe. No apologies necessary. Any of your time you spend on this is a bonus, and I'm thankful for any of it. Real life comes first. Looking forward to the next version. :)

I've got a ton of things to polish in Protractor right now, but if I have a little time, perhaps I'll look at making a proper fix + pull request, if you don't get to it first. And from all users of your mods, we thank you!

Hi I got this debug message after connecting a KAS fuel line between two ships, then climbing back into the pod.

Info:  Log Cleared at 8/19/2014 5:29:34 AM UTC.
Error: in drawGui. Error: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ShipManifest.ManifestController.get_Vessel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ShipManifest.ManifestController.drawGui () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Info: CLS Installed? False
Info: New Vessel is a Kerbal on EVA.
Error: in drawGui. Error: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[KeyValuePair`2] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ShipManifest.ManifestController.get_Vessel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Maybe it's related to KAS. Maybe its from Ship Manifest. I have no idea. But there's the message.

Is there a way to close the debug window? Or disable it?

Hi I got this debug message after connecting a KAS fuel line between two ships, then climbing back into the pod.

Maybe it's related to KAS. Maybe its from Ship Manifest. I have no idea. But there's the message.

You can disable the debug window by disabling Enable Debug on Error in the Settings Window.

You can disable the debug window by disabling "Enable SM Debug Window on Error" in the Setting Window. In my OP, in the images, it is the second from last...

Can someone help me on why I have separate living spaces on connected docking ports (regular size)?

http://i.imgur.com/8ucq7s0.jpg Isn't that supposed to be connected?

When launched, hatches start open and toggling them does not change anything.

Should I start uninstalling mods to find the issue or this is not supposed to work? This KSP instal takes time to boot up :(

I did a quick fix for the problems that were bugging me in ShipManifest. It should work fine with DMagic's experiments, UniversalStorage experiment wedges, etc. I played with it all yesterday (as did a friend who was good enough to test it for me), and so far so good. The AppLauncher support also seemed quite broken, so I just commented that stuff out. So it *requires* Toolbar. I was only interested in the science transfers, so the rest is whatever Papa_Joe has in his repo. I did use the crew transfer functionality without incident, however.

License is obviously the same, and located in the released .zip file. Source is in my repository here: https://github.com/RealGrep/ShipManifest

You can find it in the related pre-releases here: https://github.com/RealGrep/ShipManifest/releases/tag/0.24.0.3.3.3%2Bmmd2

This is highly unofficial, of course. Thank you to Papa_Joe for the nice addon and all the work he's put into it. We all appreciate it.

I did a quick fix for the problems that were bugging me in ShipManifest. It should work fine with DMagic's experiments, UniversalStorage experiment wedges, etc.

Looks like we both made the same fix for DMagic, though the changes are slightly different. I didn't mess with the manifest controller, just the transfer controller. Papa Joe merged my changes in a while ago but I guess there hasn't been a compiled release of it.

Error:  in RealModeCrewXfer.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

at ShipManifest.ShipManifestBehaviour.RealModeCrewXfer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Error: in RealModeCrewXfer. Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ShipManifest.ShipManifestBehaviour.RealModeCrewXfer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Error: in RealModeCrewXfer. Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Got this when I was moving crew members around. Can't remember exactly what I did when it started to be honest. It won't stop it just keeps on spamming that in log and when I load the ship it starts again.

I am using version 24.0.3.3.1 SM

32 bit v0.24.2 KSP and I don't have CLS installed. Any way to make it stop? It just keeps doing it. Hope this helps.

Hi everybody,

Here's one for you. I have a lander, return craft, and lab to reset experiments. When docking the lander back to the lab, it occasionally (50%) throws an exception. I use ship manifest for crew transfers and science transfers. What I think may be part of the problem is I used SelectRoot when building the ship, so there may be a conflict between two command modules taking precedence. I'm using Addle's experimental build, which seems to have prevented the game from getting locked to one ship (can't switch ships, can't return to ksc). Anyway, hope this helps. Error log on the tail.

-Vic

Error:  in drawGui.  Error:  Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object 

Sorry for the continued absense folks. Work has been a continuing challenge. Lots of opportunities for success!

Anyway, I've updated the release to comply with the Forum rules. Toolbar has been removed from the distribution. It is still required with this version.

No other changes.

I will be releasing a revision with fixes soon.