[1.1.x] CoolRockets! Cryo and Launch Particle FX

sarbian

Do you like it?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

• No. It slows down my machine at launch. I need my CPU cycles elsewhere.
    • No. I don't like the engine effects.
    • No. I don't like the tank effects.
    • Yes. I especially like the engine effects.
    • Yes. I especially like the tank effects.
    • Yes. It even runs smoothly.
    • What is this all about?
    • I'd like to use this in my mod.
    • I'd like to contribute somehow.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure if it is a know bug, but there is an issue where engines have a fairing/shroud on at all times. After some help from Reddit it was identified that the problem came from CoolRockets. Simply removing the "CoolRockets" folder from gamedata fixed the problem.

Here is the problem I was experiencing:

http://radleygh.com/images/KSP_x64_2014-213-19-01-24-94.png

Mod versions:

Klockheed_Martian_CoolRockets_2.0.1.zip

Klockheed_Martian_2.0.1.zip

Other mods that I had installed:

http://radleygh.com/images/explorer_2014-213-19-01-56-25.png

Having the same problem. Any ideas?

KW configs aren't working in 24.2 yet - I'm willing to update them myself but AFAIK the engine part names and sizes haven't changed at all AFAIK. Im not sure what to change to make them work (or maybe they're only broken for me?)

It's just because the CoolRockets folder was moved. I updated Dodecadevin's config based on ObsessedWithKSP's. Seems to work, though not sure if parts that were added lately are missing entries. I popped it into my Dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vgceix8fzeh0xm/KWR_CR.cfg

Does anyone have a cfg file for the KSO main engine(s) and tanks? I'm trying to add this effect to those engines but am having difficulty...

should u be abele to copy over it then change names?

• 2 weeks later...

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by RadGH viewpost-right.png

I'm not sure if it is a know bug, but there is an issue where engines have a fairing/shroud on at all times. After some help from Reddit it was identified that the problem came from CoolRockets. Simply removing the "CoolRockets" folder from gamedata fixed the problem.

Here is the problem I was experiencing:

http://radleygh.com/images/KSP_x64_2...9-01-24-94.png

Mod versions:

Klockheed_Martian_CoolRockets_2.0.1.zip

Klockheed_Martian_2.0.1.zip

Other mods that I had installed:

http://radleygh.com/images/explorer_...9-01-56-25.png

Having the same problem. Any ideas?

I am having the shroud over the engine problem too. Can't use the regular rockets because the shrouds block them even on the launchpad.

I actually have a smaller list, trying to minimize memory problems but not alter the gameplay too much from vanilla.

http://i.imgur.com/pb0tSTm.png

The only way I've been able to correct the issue is to stop the use of Cool Rockets.... but... but... *whimper* They're sooooo COOOL!

I'd really like to figure this out. Anyone have any answers?

• 2 weeks later...

I've Tried everything to get this to work with no luck. Installed are all the prerequisites for KSPRC and it also of course. I've tried dropping the tng's. I can't tell you the combo's I've tried. between CoolRockets and KSPRC. I haven't read the whole Thread, I can't be that dumb. Stop laughing. Any ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand the installation :P Can someone explain it to me? Im trying to install CoolRockets mod and I downloaded both "Klockheed_Martian" and "Klockheed_Martian_CoolRockets" and do I put "Klockheed_Martian_CoolRockets" in "Klockheed_Martian" folder or do I need to have "Klockheed_Martian" and "Klockheed_Martian_CoolRockets" in GameData as different folders?

Yes, you do.

To be less vague (shame on you, you silly person, using a yes/no answer for an either/or question) the second option you specified is what you want.

On to another topic... what I find a bit irritating is that half way through a play session, the particles seem to stop working. I can tell it to show in the editor, but nothing happens.

Edited by Gaalidas

• 2 weeks later...
To be less vague (shame on you, you silly person, using a yes/no answer for an either/or question) the second option you specified is what you want.

On to another topic... what I find a bit irritating is that half way through a play session, the particles seem to stop working. I can tell it to show in the editor, but nothing happens.

To clarify ... You need to have separate folders for all the Klockheed_Martin products. If you have a complete install you should see this tree:

~/GameData/Klockheed_Martian

~/GameData/Klockheed_Martian_Asteroid

~/GameData/Klockheed_Martian_CoolRockets

~/GameData/Klockheed_Martian_SmartParts

~/GameData/Klockheed_Martian_Special

~/GameData/Klockheed_Martian_SSE

I am also getting the "permanent engine fairings" bug. I am using :

B9, Chatterer, Distant Object Enhancement, DMagic Oribital Science, Environmental Visual Enhancements, Hotrockets, KAS, Kethane, Procedual Fairings, RCS Sounds and Lights, Scansat, Soundtrack Editor, Spaceplane Plus, TAC Fuel balancer, Mechjeb, Texture Replacer, Universal Storage, Active Texture Management and KSPRC.

Little update on my issue with the particles not showing up in the editor anymore... turns out if I scale up the hangar with that hangar scaling mod, and move the camera way outside the building, near to the ground, the particles will start appearing. Really weird stuff here.

For those having issues with engine shrouds showing up all the time:

Edit the config file \Klockheed_Martian_CoolRockets\stock.cfg. The issue seems to be fixed by deleting all passages looking like this

MODEL

{

model = NASAmission/Parts/Size2LFB/Size2LFB

scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0

}

except for the cluster engine (else it will be broken in VAB).

Edited by loki_ger
Added exception for cluster engine

Currently broken in 0.25 for me. Multiple tanks and engines models are not showing up at all in the VAB. all you can see are their connection nodes/exhaust.

Just an FYI. :)

Same here. Some parts, both in the VAB pick list and on the ship are invisible.

After one year of developing and maintaining mods for KSP, it is time to move on for me.

I will release the code and models into the public domain if anyone is interested. Please just drop me a message if you are interested in taking over the development and maintenance for this mod or if you would like to use its code or models in other mods.

It was a pleasure to work with you guys!

dtobi

I so hope someone will find the time to take this mod over and keep it up to date. I love those effects, and it would be a shame to not be able to have it past version 0.24.x of KSP. I myself am unfortunately in no way qualified to develop mods (I literally have no idea about modding), on top of not having time anyway. Let's wait for a hero to emerge and keep this mod going.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.