Majorjim's stock craft repository

2 hours ago, Servo said:

I need to fit a VTOL through that...

I got one through the destroyed wind tunnel, but this seems a bit more interesting.

You mean the little tunnel at the KSC? It's a great way to challenge your flying skill!

I would like to add that the OP needs updating as I think a few more craft are now broken by updates. I am very busy on a single project and have less and less time for KSP these days. If anyone comes across a broken craft that says it's working let me know and I will add it to the list.

Cheers!

16 hours ago, Majorjim said:

You mean the little tunnel at the KSC? It's a great way to challenge your flying skill!

I would like to add that the OP needs updating as I think a few more craft are now broken by updates. I am very busy on a single project and have less and less time for KSP these days. If anyone comes across a broken craft that says it's working let me know and I will add it to the list.

Cheers!

I can easily go back and update crafts for new KSP, I still have old KSP, and can change parts out that don't work anymore. I have as old as 0.25 update.

7 hours ago, He_162 said:

I can easily go back and update crafts for new KSP, I still have old KSP, and can change parts out that don't work anymore. I have as old as 0.25 update.

Hey man,

I don't see how having the older versions would help though.. I would need to test in the newest versions. I simply don't have time to go back and fix all my older craft.. I made so much stuff..! So I will focus on new builds and keep updated the bigger builds like the Duna Direct craft, I know that one was broken as the hinge will need a change after the ant engine geometry change.

12 hours ago, Majorjim said:

Hey man,

I don't see how having the older versions would help though.. I would need to test in the newest versions. I simply don't have time to go back and fix all my older craft.. I made so much stuff..! So I will focus on new builds and keep updated the bigger builds like the Duna Direct craft, I know that one was broken as the hinge will need a change after the ant engine geometry change.

I was saying I could go back, remove the parts that were broken, or fix them in old craft due to me having the older versions, as well as the fact that I could render them usable in the newer versions, or make them capable of being loaded into the newer versions.

I have a lot of time on my hands, and I just thought it would be interesting to help.

Just now, He_162 said:

I was saying I could go back, remove the parts that were broken, or fix them in old craft due to me having the older versions, as well as the fact that I could render them usable in the newer versions, or make them capable of being loaded into the newer versions.

I have a lot of time on my hands, and I just thought it would be interesting to help.

Oh ok I see, I think.

They should load in to newer version ok I think, I just worry about part size changes and other physics changes.

I appreciate the offer though mate, but I don't like anyone working on my craft except me. For release I mean. You are more than welcome to make your own changes to any of my craft though!

I am trying something very hard indeed at the moment and to get it working and looking good is going to be super tough but amazing if it works!

31 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

Oh ok I see, I think.

They should load in to newer version ok I think, I just worry about part size changes and other physics changes.

I appreciate the offer though mate, but I don't like anyone working on my craft except me. For release I mean. You are more than welcome to make your own changes to any of my craft though!

I am trying something very hard indeed at the moment and to get it working and looking good is going to be super tough but amazing if it works!

I'll be around for the results! I'd like to see some more awesome craft :)

1 hour ago, He_162 said:

I'll be around for the results! I'd like to see some more awesome craft :)

Me too! I'm closing in on the complete constellation pack rebuild. That's going to be a good thing to see. I hope others think it's as cool as I think it is! 

1 hour ago, Majorjim said:

Me too! I'm closing in on the complete constellation pack rebuild. That's going to be a good thing to see. I hope others think it's as cool as I think it is! 

I will always think the constellation stuff is cool! Anything Mars from here until I die will be a thing to remember.

• 1 month later...
On 06/24/2016 at 5:54 PM, EVA_Reentry/Strangelove II said:

Can you post those two rovers in the Swing & See-Saw video?

Hey man. If I can find them sure! One is my RAGE buggy seen here:

Album vhsOZ will appear when post is submitted

The other is a prototype that wont work with the broken wheel physics now but I will try to find it later tonight. I will also have to re-upload them to KerbalX or something.

Edited by Majorjim!

On 24/06/2016 at 4:54 PM, EVA_Reentry/Strangelove II said:

Can you post those two rovers in the Swing & See-Saw video?

Ok I updated the RAGE buggy a little bit, I lowered the part count a bit and changed the wheel behavior as it was designed to work before the Unity 5 wheel 'improvements'. :D

The other rover is an 8 Kerbal multi-use rover. I had to remove the second set of wheels as they where deactivated due to the clipping. This will be fixed in KSP version 1.2. Enjoy!

Here are the links for both craft from KerbalX:

KERBALX DOWNLOAD

1j5HSUs.png

DOWNLOAD FROM KERBALX

MJ

Edited by Majorjim!

• 2 months later...

I updated the RAGE buggy. I cleaned it up, removed some parts and removed the now obsolete ant engine suspension.

Next on the update list are the Duna direct craft. The hinges where broken by the Unity 5 update so I have to upgrade them to my new thermo hinges.

Thanks all!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 04/28/2017 at 1:27 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

I have no clue how it is that I haven't liked this page yet ;.; Your craft is always a bit of inspiration for my own MajorJim :)

Thank you @Avera9eJoe! This thread is often hidden due to my obsession with starting a new thread for every single craft. :D

I will admit I haven't played KSP for months now.. Still waiting for the next patch and for Squad to finally leave the game alone. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 07/29/2017 at 3:55 PM, Casualnaut said:

These crafts make me want to design rovers that actually rove.

Good man/woman! I really need to finish off some stuff.. So little time these days.. Damn you real life!

• 4 months later...

@Majorjim!

I know that this stuff is super old and that you may or may not even be playing ksp much anymore, but I really want access to that land rover because it's exactly what I have been looking for in terms of stock vehicles (most other cars suck, many good ones don't actually have roofs, and pretty much all of them that are actually good are lost forever like the delorean) and all the links including the more recent tiny ones are broken to get to it. I also heard you may be redoing it which I would suggest you do as well as creating more detailed car rovers due to the fact that most of them haven't stood the test of time even though KSP really hasn't changed all that much except that part mount points were moved around slightly and physics have changed somewhat. It's a real shame we don't have many detailed rovers like this and I would build them myself but I really honestly just suck at it and/or can't figure out how to make them look decent.

Edited by Pavel ☭

7 minutes ago, Pavel ☭ said:

@Majorjim!

I know that this stuff is super old and that you may or may not even be playing ksp much anymore, but I really want access to that land rover because it's exactly what I have been looking for in terms of stock vehicles (most other cars suck, many good ones don't actually have roofs, and pretty much all of them that are actually good are lost forever like the delorean) and all the links including the more recent tiny ones are broken to get to it. I also heard you may be redoing it which I would suggest you do as well as creating more detailed car rovers due to the fact that most of them haven't stood the test of time even though KSP really hasn't changed all that much except that part mount points were moved around slightly and physics have changed somewhat. It's a real shame we don't have many detailed rovers like this and I would build them myself but I really honestly just suck at it and/or can't figure out how to make them look decent.

If you need a custom car, I'd be glad to assist you in that endeavor, I have several really nice replica's, and I can make practically anything you want me to that doesn't have too many curves.
(Just PM me.)
NnFTeaN.png

IhnSQP2.png

Edited by He_162

8 hours ago, Pavel ☭ said:

@Majorjim!

Hey man, thanks for the message. Yes a lot of the stuff here is mighty old and may not work anymore and it's true I havent played KSP for qite a while now. I got bored of game changes messing up craft and having to re-make them.. I will probably pick it up again soon though. My constellation rebuilt craft are while a little old too are still my best work and I would dearly love to show them off.

I will see if I can find the craft file for that land rover rover. Did you try the download link?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.