[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

The easiest way should be:

1. temporarily remove RemoteTech.dll from GameData\RemoteTech\Plugins

2. start KSP and fix antenna

3. quit KSP and put the RemoteTech.dll back into GameData\RemoteTech\Pldugins

This will keep all Remote Tech parts in place, but temporarily remove restrictions while you fix the antenna.

I don't think you can point and/or activate antennas without the dll

But I'm not 100% sure

never heard about an integration of mechjeb ... tell me more, or do you mean: http://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/195 ?

I don't know if it quite fits the description on that issue; the thing is, either you can issue orders on MJ, regardless of wether RT says you have connection (as if it were a crewed flight), or you lose its autopilot functions when it loses signal (as if the orders were being issued from kerbin instead of stored on the probe's memory), depending on how you set your configs.

Ideally, it should check wether you have connection when you click a button on MJ, storing the command if positive, and then when it comes to performing stored commands it should do it wether it has connection or not.

This had been mentioned in an old, old version, back when Cilph was in charge of RT2, but he never got around to find a way to do that. Probably needs help on the MJ programmers' side, too.

it should check wether you have connection when you click a button on MJ, storing the command if positive, and then when it comes to performing stored commands it should do it wether it has connection or not.

We've two new API functions added into this release, included "QueueCommandToFlightComputer" - mechjeb can now add their own commands directly to the command queue. I think this is what you are looking for ... right? :)

Awesome, this was the last mod I was waiting for. I really haven't put up any sats waiting for this to be officially released, and the ones I have put up for contracts, I had them burn up in re-entry. Going to start launching comms now.

Thanks for keeping one of the best mods going and making sure it was right before releasing it, I would rather wait and catch a bug here and there than have something totally broken that was rushed out. :)

i downloaded the 1.02 version from kerbalstuff, but the antenna and dishes are not showing up in career mode but they are in sandbox.

is remote tech working in sandbox only?

also not shown on the RnD-Building ? We've no Gamemode restrictions, so it should work

Is there any way to point antennas of my existing probes to Kerbin without having to visit them with Kerbals? maybe I could edit my save file in some way?

Edited by Enceos

Is there any way to point antennas of my existing probes to Kerbin without having to visit them with Kerbals? maybe I could edit my save file in some way?

No sorry, only with kerbals or you've to wait for the RemoteTech-XF upgrade.

Try editing your save, but by your own risk. Search for "ModuleRTAntennaPassive" on your satellite and change the values for: isEnabled, IsRTAntenna and IsRTActive to true (not sure if this will work)

- - - Updated - - -

its not showing in the RnD building either, when i put this mod in my 9.0 before the dishes were in previous things i had researched and i just had to activate them

Can you please restart ksp, go to the VAB, leave the VAB and close ksp. Than go into your KSP Folder and send me your ksp.log. A Screenshot of the VAB with an active Science tab would also be nice.

I guess the easiest way is hyperediting a kerbal next to the thing and manually activating it.

alternatively you can delete the cfg file that changes probe bodies, that way you will be able to control it without problems

(don't forget to put back the cfg afterwards :D)

The way I usually do it is to delete everything except the PARTS, load the game, extend all the appropriate antennas, quit, reinstall RT and then load again.

I have this person part I made from MJ, its basically a smaller version of Ar202 for probes, a rescale. I use to use this code:

@PART[probe_size_AR202]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}
}

I saw the new RemoteTech_MechJeb.cfg code, should I use this new one now:

@PART[probe_size_AR202]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleSPU]]:AFTER[MechJeb2]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
// Append tag to the existing part name
@title ^= :$: (ModuleSPU):

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}
}

I have basic knowledge of the codes, so I don't know what everything means.

Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but there`s a LOT to go through to figure out if it can do the thing I want it to do. Basically, I set up a science base on Minmus, and what I`d like to do is have a com satellite in orbit around Minmus to receive data from other experiments and transmit it to the lab, before sending it back to the satellite, to orbit around Kerbin and then to KSC. So is it possible to set that up with this mod, and if so, how? Could I do it with just regular old satellites or would I need to send a new transmitter bank to the lab to interface with them? And is there any scientific data it can't transmit?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but there`s a LOT to go through to figure out if it can do the thing I want it to do. Basically, I set up a science base on Minmus, and what I`d like to do is have a com satellite in orbit around Minmus to receive data from other experiments and transmit it to the lab, before sending it back to the satellite, to orbit around Kerbin and then to KSC. So is it possible to set that up with this mod, and if so, how? Could I do it with just regular old satellites or would I need to send a new transmitter bank to the lab to interface with them? And is there any scientific data it can't transmit?

Quick answer, The mod only had the ability to transmit science to the KSC, given that the lab research is new in 1.0

I have this person part I made from MJ, its basically a smaller version of Ar202 for probes, a rescale. I use to use this code:

@PART[probe_size_AR202]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}
}

I saw the new RemoteTech_MechJeb.cfg code, should I use this new one now:

@PART[probe_size_AR202]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleSPU]]:AFTER[MechJeb2]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
// Append tag to the existing part name
@title ^= :$: (ModuleSPU):

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}
}

I have basic knowledge of the codes, so I don't know what everything means.

Thanks!

Nope, all the stuff in HAS is to help it select the right part to edit, but since you already have the name of the part you don't need that. The NEEDS is nice but not needed since the RT modules would be ignored if RT isn't installed anyway. The title part shows you the part has been changed, but since you are the one that changed it it's not really needed.

Thank you for sharing with us your wonderful work.

My small contribution, all textures (mbm & tga) convert to the DDS format. (for version 1.7.0-350)

Orginal 25,2 MB (26.438.830 bytes)

Converted 6,29 MB (6.599.336 bytes)

Link Google Drive (works over the next 48 hours)

>>>>> Remember to delete all no converted files (they have the same file name as converted files) GameData\RemoteTech\Parts\* <<<<<

Edited by InsanePlumber

My small contribution, all textures (mbm & tga) convert to the DDS format. (for version 1.7.0-350)

Thank's man! This is the last thing lacking RT.

Will there be an update for the 1.0.2 KSP game? Please? Pretty Please? With Cherries on top of whipcream on top of super hot girls that love to walk everywhere they can nude?

But Seriously, I want to do as realistic a run on KSP as possable, and Remote Tech as well as KOS make the challange all that more fun like I was in an actual NASA center.

*EDIT* Opps, never mind, didn't see the link.gt

Edited by MercenaryX