[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

The AI isn't able to use rocket pods at the moment, is it?

Nope, not yet.

First of all, this mod is so awesome.

I have a question though, and i'm sure i'm doing something wrong. When I put sam sites into guard mode, none of the missiles (AIM-120, PAC-3, AIM-9) will fire at incoming cruise missiles. Is there a setting I need to enable? The goalkeeper will fire at them with no issues. I've tried having the cruise missiles come in at 1500m to see if it was just under their engagement height or something. I can fire the missiles at them manually and they'll track and try to engage.

Is it only cruise missiles they won't fire on? There's no code specifying different behavior against cruise missiles.

Guards only fire missiles on airborne targets if they're further than 3 or 4km. Have you increased your phys range?

How well does the AI work in space? I'm assuming not very, since space is weird, but I'd love to know.

The Pilot AI is only designed for forward atmospheric flight

Is there a way to precisely set the Yaw Range to e.g. "8"? Using the mouse I can only set it to 19 or zero, nothing between those two values.

http://i.imgur.com/c68VnFd.jpg

Also, how to decrease weapon's damage?

The lack of fine control at the extremes of the tweakable sliders is a bug within the tweak sliders themselves (stock bug). Nothing I can do about it at the moment unless I add a dependency, which I don't want to do.

I've noticed KIS and IR have their own categories in the editor, think you could look into having one for BDA?

I'll look into it.

Hey Baha, just to let you know. The cluster bomb in game would be the CBU-87 Combined Effects Munition (CEM), not the Mk.20/CBU-100 Rockeye you have it named as. It'd be cool to see the rockeye added, but for accuracy's sake, it wouldn't hurt to change the name with whatever release is coming next. Just a bit of advice from your friendly neighborhood armament geek.

Alright, I'll correct the name.

I'm fascinated by the AI pilots.

Two things I've wondered, watching the many YouTube videos, is:

AI pilots can take off from standby, but can they land again? This perhaps goes for Burn Together followers as well, though if the AI has a landing routine, could switch them to that instead.

AI currently can't handle VTOLs - it appears to assume thrust is in direction of flight?

Are these features in development?

Landing would be a complicated process unless I have it so they don't care where they land (they could try landing on a cliff, or in the water).

Otherwise I would either need some gps system or terrain scanning... I don't think I want to spend the time on that.

VTOLs tend to be complex and vary widely in design, so it would also be a very difficult task to have AI fly them. I don't have any plans to work on that.

Hey BahamutoD,

just a quick question. How can I change the size of the tracers/bullets? I know you can change the start and end width and color, but how do I change the length of a tracer? In one of your old versions of this mod I could make huge lasers, you can see it here:

I know you changed the bullet shaders during the updates, is this the reason why it doesn't work anymore?

Replied to PM, but in addition - the tracerLength variable hasn't changed, but it's usage internally has changed. By default the tracer length of bullets is 0, so the bullet script ignores them and instead sets the trail direction and length based on the bullets motion relative to the camera, so it acts more like a light streak cause by a bright object moving during an image capture (more realistic?).

If you define a tracerLength, it uses different behavior, but its been a while since I wrote it so I don't remember if its the same as old behavior or not.

Any idea why I can no longer control my plane after locking into targets? even after I fire the missiles my plane stays locked onto the target and I have zero control over it? >:I

I'm not sure what you mean. 'Locking' onto a target (selecting a target) doesn't affect your plane's controls. Did you by chance put a MissileGuidance module on your plane, effectively turning your plane into a guided missile?

"I'm not sure what you mean. 'Locking' onto a target (selecting a target) doesn't affect your plane's controls. Did you by chance put a MissileGuidance module on your plane, effectively turning your plane into a guided missile?"

That would be a funny mistake. I kind of want to do that on purpose now.

I've noticed KIS and IR have their own categories in the editor, think you could look into having one for BDA?
I'll look into it.

I assume this means the part manufacturer filter icons? If so, I think I should be able to adapt the original BD logo I made for BahamutoD and convert it into icons.

Hey, I don't know how this would work, or if theres a mod that does it already, but how can I attach a second item (thinking of KAS, back to that in a second) to missiles? I want to be able to make a reloadable missile launcher similar to one of these http://gfycat.com/HappygoluckyElegantBordercollie. If anyone can help, I'd be most grateful.

Bruh, I need that mod list and craft file, like, now. Don't think I can live without it

Its more useful than just a warpdrive,

"For when you need to litterally "Punch" a Sat out of orbit, and that includes meteors." and people ask why i gave it claws instead of blades. blades are mainstream, i like to suplex my meteors out of the kerbol system, thank you very much. as you would guess im hated by trains everywhere.

Hey, I don't know how this would work, or if theres a mod that does it already, but how can I attach a second item (thinking of KAS, back to that in a second) to missiles? I want to be able to make a reloadable missile launcher similar to one of these http://gfycat.com/HappygoluckyElegantBordercollie. If anyone can help, I'd be most grateful.

Look in the config, and turn the radial attachment on. (Change a 0 to 1, the wiki explains that part in configs and how to change it, google it, I dont rmember the specifics)

I'm not sure what you mean. 'Locking' onto a target (selecting a target) doesn't affect your plane's controls. Did you by chance put a MissileGuidance module on your plane, effectively turning your plane into a guided missile?

Well yeah thats what I did :D Thought it was necessary for any AAM or AGM to lock to a target so yeah I became a missile myself. Thanks for clearing this up tho :P

Hi BahamutoD, could you make these fields

bool checkMiss = false;

bool hasExploded = false;

bool targetInView = false;

in MissileLauncher.cs public, so i can use them in my guards to tune engaging targets with missiles?

Landing would be a complicated process unless I have it so they don't care where they land (they could try landing on a cliff, or in the water).

Otherwise I would either need some gps system or terrain scanning... I don't think I want to spend the time on that.

VTOLs tend to be complex and vary widely in design, so it would also be a very difficult task to have AI fly them. I don't have any plans to work on that.

Throttle Controlled Avionics handles VTOL balancing quite well though I don't know how you would get past the transition to forward flight with the AI without separate engines.

Throttle Controlled Avionics handles VTOL balancing quite well though I don't know how you would get past the transition to forward flight with the AI without separate engines.

My thought was there are already a number of plugins out there handling auto-pilot type duties. The simplest VTOL (in KSP) would be a helicopter - i.e. one engine, with thrust perpendicular to forward motion. Velocity would be a function of forward angle of attack, limited at the point where thrust is inadequate to maintain altitude. When more engines come into it, things get complicated.

For landing, perhaps a 'waiting to land' flight mode, where the planes simply circle at low thrust until you take over and land, might be a good compromise? They can disengage that mode if their guard mode is triggered, and reengage when no more enemy contacts are present. I'm not actually sure what BD Armory does when that happens right now, so I may be making a redundant suggestion.

Hey BahamutoD, I have a suggestion:

A new missile AI type that would make the missiles follow a parabolic arc to the target, with one of the configurable settings being desired arc height (similar to the height selection on the cruise missiles). Not sure how feasible this idea is, but if it's implemented, ICBMs would be quite manageable.

Hey i was making a series of different planes designed for ww2 stlye aerial combat, and if you set the 30mm auto cannon to zero on all of it's rotation limits, it will actually still rotate a bit, and when i let the ai use the hidden vulcan it gimbaled a bit to aim without turning the plane. Anyone else had this?

Wait I thought the AI could already land itself? I've shot the engine off and watched the plane glide down and flare for landing.

Is my AI possessed? 0_0

Nope, i was fighting against the 0.81 AI and when the fuel ran out, it glided slowy to the ground

The AI was simply trying to maintain altitude.

Couldn't you use that as a landing procedure? Use some kind of radar to find land, cut engines to like .1 throttle, and maintain certain vertical speed?

Or you could just set it to cut engines and try to maintain altitude. That would be simple enough, but kinda wonky if you weren't near land...

Are there any plans or something like that to facilitate Artillery?

MLRS systems are easy enough to do as is (A part would still be nice), but they do need a target. You cant just bombard a general area... (Dumbfire just goes everywhere really)

And if you want to use Howitzers or rocket pods, well that gets a whole deal worse. Target reticule isnt as reliable as it should be I find. Is there any possibility of adding an artillery targetting mode or something for the weapon manager, so that you get much more accurate shots? Or even, a designator where yo utell it to bombard an area and it does.

Any plans for making ground unit AI? It could e.g. patrol area around place where it was activated and then make circles around encountered foe (if has chosen to use tower-based weapon) or just turn in the direction of the foe (if has chosen a howitzer-like weapon).