The Grand 0.25 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

Well, since someone has already started critiquing the update, I figured I'd join in: besides Porkjet's beautiful new mk2 parts, the rest of the plane parts are still ugly. I would even hesitate to call the changed mk1 parts an improvement. Maybe Squad should just get Ven on the case.

The GameDatabase code was tweaked to allow modders to write their own asset loaders.

My hopes are with the best modders out there. (Sirkut, Farram4, Cybutek, Fraktal_UK, Sarbian, rbray89, Padishar, Blizzy78, R4m0n, Faark, TaranisElsu, and all the other I just can't remember right now, because tooooo excited)

Actually pretty curious what changes you find. I'd love to see if they've added snippets of the "anything inside cargo bays have 0 drag" patch to see how they go about it.

Well, I am at work, so I'm just futzing around looking at stuff that's relevant to me, but I did notice a lot of previously extraneous classes have been removed, so that's a good thing. Also, there's a BaseConstruction achievement, not sure if that's new but I don't think it's in use.

Downloaded just fine for me after a hiccup on Steam. Now I have a seven hour wait until I can play. Been checking out the new code, though.

I, too, was disappointed that bac9's suggestions weren't heeded when I saw a video of the experimentals. Sad to hear it wasn't fixed on release.

Question is, can it be modded? I'd love it if someone put Bac9's suggestions into practise.

Downloaded successfully in 20 minutes... which is odd, since I am in Indonesia, KSP downloads usually took much longer due to poor internet access speed. Tried it and it's all good, with the new SP parts, explosions, etc. Thanks SQUAD! I took 2 days off work in anticipation of this new release :P

Someone needs to try holding down the mod key ;)

nah, i mean if you attach one of these to the inside wall of the cargo bay and attach one of these to that decoupler, you get clipping on the back from the decoupler mount points and clipping on the front from the "ribs" of the booster when the doors are closed.

maybe everyone who's done this in the preview videos have been doing it wrong, so hopefully you're right and they just weren't attaching them correctly.

I also was getting the list of "session start" errors, and disabling Adblock+ fixed that.

I'm in Philadelphia. Why is my download coming from the UK, at dial-up modem speeds?

Squad does so much so well, but new-release distribution is still maddening. I've been with you since Sept 2012, and the only time release day hasn't been a frustrating mess was the time I was stuck in the hospital. Okay that one was frustrating too, but I can't blame you for my gall bladder.

Is this really that hard?

I'll be sitting here watching Chrome's estimates randomly change between 14 hours and 2 days. :(

Also, there's a BaseConstruction achievement, not sure if that's new but I don't think it's in use.

This actually further strengthens the theory that their next update is colonization, as it ties in with building destruction and them finally expanding the biomes, ha. You may've just leaked their .26 plans.

Question is, can it be modded? I'd love it if someone put Bac9's suggestions into practise.

Not being a modeler I have no idea where those assets live or whether they can be changed, but if they can someone should do it because the admin building doesn't look right.

This actually further strengthens the theory that their next update is colonization, as it ties in with building destruction and them finally expanding the biomes, ha. You may've just leaked their .26 plans.

Not really, base construction could just be rebuilding destroyed buildings.

Were the ground textures at KSC changed? It is now, for me at least, impossible to tell the base of the KSC and the meadows around it apart, making (exact) landings quite difficult again.

Yes, they received an update. Not sure why that would make landings difficult though.

No, it specifically refers to docking from what I saw. Again, not sure if that's a new thing.

Interesting. However keep in mind in large projects stuff gets left behind from things they tried but didn't like. It could be something, but it could be nothing at all.

Yes, they received an update. Not sure why that would make landings difficult though.

I find it quite hard now to judge my distance to the runway, I had developed a pretty good eyeball judging the height of the plateau KSC is built upon and thus adjusting my glide slope. Time to place a few navigation markers, I guess.

I find it quite hard now to judge my distance to the runway, I had developed a pretty good eyeball judging the height of the plateau KSC is built upon and thus adjusting my glide slope. Time to place a few navigation markers, I guess.

Some people park a "guide vessel" at the end of the runway that they can target. Something super tiny with a light and a probe core.

Interesting. However keep in mind in large projects stuff gets left behind from things they tried but didn't like. It could be something, but it could be nothing at all.

Yes, you'll notice that I am not speculating. At all. Simply noting that the class exists and that it is interesting. Another modder might be able to (or already has) make good use of it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.