Hello and Welcome!

Moach

4 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Question: If I take a screenshot of a meme, or a photo from google, and then I post it, is that considered against the rules? Thanks. 

Please have something to say as well, though. On this forum, we try to avoid posts that are just joke or reaction images (2.3.c). 

On 2/6/2016 at 4:30 PM, Starhawk said:

Hello JamesGoblin and welcome to the forum!

While not necessarily stupid, there is one question to be avoided with great diligence.  Never ask "Is using MechJeb cheating?". :)

Anyway, glad to have you aboard.

Happy landings!

On 2/6/2016 at 7:54 PM, Dman979 said:

@JamesGoblin,

Welcome to dream land, then. You might also want to check out the Science sub-forums, and the Game play help and tutorials one.

Thanks for the welcome and tips!

PS sorry for small delay *cough * - I messed something with email notifications, as usual =)

Hi guys, sorry for the sporadic posts, but I’ve recently finished my 4th Mun landing, with a minor refueling station in LKO, and would like to start a Mun base, but have no idea how to do this. :( Can you guys help me with a few tips? *Also, how do I get an inter-planetary encounter? Nothing I try seems to work. 

14 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Hi guys, sorry for the sporadic posts, but I’ve recently finished my 4th Mun landing, with a minor refueling station in LKO, and would like to start a Mun base, but have no idea how to do this. :( Can you guys help me with a few tips? *Also, how do I get an inter-planetary encounter? Nothing I try seems to work. 

I've never really set up a Mun base myself other than dropping a lander there and leaving it for a while.  Connecting modules on the ground using docking ports is very difficult from what I've read.

Getting an interplanetary encounter is mostly about the timing.  A tool such as this Transfer Window Planner is immensely useful.  There's a mod that integrates this tool into the game.

That planner will tell you when to leave and how much delta-v you need for the maneuver node.  The only other thing you need is to know where on your Kerbin orbit to place the node.
You can create the node anywhere and then slide it around on your orbit line until you get the encounter you want.

There are entire tutorials detailing the process to be found in the Tutorials section of the forum as well as on the KSP Wiki.

Happy landings!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

After having my first try of modded KSP the other day, and encountering an issue, I figured there was no reason not to sign up for these forums any more. I've been following the devnotes for a while now, and read the occasional mission report, but I've never really felt like signing up until now. Best thing is, the issue I encountered was fixed before I came here, but I decided to sign up and give the mod author my thanks anyway.

So now I'm just paddlin' around, trying to get a hang of things, and contemplating which addons to try out and which I really should have (and how they work - I got them installed somehow, but got no idea how to keep them updated, or whether I need to start a new save if I want to try new addons). ModuleManager seems to be referred to everywhere, and it might have been what fixed my issue, but I have no idea what it actually does. Magic, I suppose.

About me, I'm an engineering student from Norway, a fan of sandbox games and notorious procrastinator. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this community, and where this wonderful game will go in the future. Thanks for letting me in!

Hello Codraroll and welcome to the KSP forums!

The Add-On Releases section of the forum has a thread for each mod AKAIK.  You can keep an eye on those threads to see when mods update.

Glad to have you aboard.

Happy landings!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

4 hours ago, Starhawk said:

The Add-On Releases section of the forum has a thread for each mod AKAIK.  You can keep an eye on those threads to see when mods update.

The problem isn't seeing that there is a new version out - I just didn't found any instructions on how to apply the new versions. Should I download and replace files, is there a "subscribe" feature akin to the Steam Workshop somewhere, or does Module Manager take care of it all?

On May 8, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Starhawk said:

I just download and replace the files.

I'm not sure about module manager.  There must be more info about that around here somewhere.

Happy landings!

Where do you go to download the file without repurchasing the game?

16 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Where do you go to download the file without repurchasing the game?

Did you download from the store or from Steam?

If it's from the store, log in, and go to "Download" or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

hi iv been playing kerbal for the last 8 months its helped me get throught a dificalt time for that i would like to thank the team. I slipped in work and did a lot of damage to to my left knee and a lot of other crap happend to me becouse of the accedent. im a old man 61 id just like to say thank you

Hello to all the Kerbonauts Here at the KSP forums I have been playing for a while now racking up over 200 hours across multiple platforms, but I have just now gotten into the forums as I thought it would be nice to talk to other KSP players here to pick up new skills and ideas. So hello:D.

Um… I think it is not normal to have like 5 rocket stages in ksp to get a small orbit, I need advice for rocket types and flying strategies, this would be lots of help :)

Hi, @Astrojude, welcome aboard!

The first thing to remember about orbits is that you're going sideways, not up.

The second thing to remember about orbits is that you can't go sideways right away.

If you combine these things, you get a gravity turn.

That's the simple stuff. If you want, I'd suggest checking out the Gameplay help and tutorials subforums.

P.S. INB4 @Starhawk!

Edited by Dman979

3 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

Yeah, I didn't know this existed until like a month after I joined :D

No worries.  Neither did I.  I never made an introductory thread or post, myself.

Kind of ironic, isn't it?  :)

Happy landings!

Wait, this is a place? Ok then... Uh, Hi. As you already know I go by Andem online, and several of you know why (check out the "where did your username come from" thread). So, uh, yeah. Hi.