Hello and Welcome!

Moach

1 hour ago, Trekkerjoe said:

One question: I had tried to post something in the technical support forums, but I got no feedback at all. Is that normal? I would assume it has to do with the moderation tag looming over my textbox.

Sometimes you'll get a direct response, sometimes not. The forums can be a busy place!

Seems like you've done everything properly in the bugtracker though. Guess it's one more thing to add to the list for 1.1.4 (or whatever version number it's jumping to next). Also, hi!

Hello Trekkerjoe and welcome to the forums!

The secondary interests you listed line up perfectly with KSP.  Glad to hear about your experience with the learning curve.  Most players find it to be steeper than they expected.

Happy landings!

I've had to re-signup as my old handle seems to be lost due to needing an email address association; it's been a few years. Is there a way to retrieve my old login? 

Waster

now WasterOne....

Hi. I've played other space simulators but this one left them all in the dust (mun dust, or maybe smoke?) Anyway I'm ok at docking (just finished a 2 part tri-port docked mun station last night) and I'm good at getting Jeb, and only Jeb (I haven't figured out how to use the mk1-2command pod yet) where I want him. But if it sounds like I'm bragging, you should see some of the guys with YouTube videos, their crazy! I joined the forum because I want to ask questions, and have them answered, and alo to help other people by answering their questions.

Edited by spacegenius

3 hours ago, spacegenius said:

Hi. I've played other space simulators but this one left them all in the dust (mun dust, or maybe smoke?) Anyway I'm ok at docking (just finished a 2 part tri-port docked mun station last night) and I'm good at getting Jeb, and only Jeb (I haven't figured out how to use the mk1-2command pod yet) where I want him. But if it sounds like I'm bragging, you should see some of the guys with YouTube videos, their crazy! I joined the forum because I want to ask questions, and have them answered, and alo to help other people by answering their questions.

Hi @spacegenius! Welcome to the forums, and ask away!*

*Just not on this thread

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing on xbox one since launch last week. Finding it very infuriating. I never imagined it to be easy by any means but it just seems overly difficult on console. I can easily go into orbit, land on Mun (just about) but that's about it. I'm tryingto do career but the majority of missions (take samples etc on Kerbin) are extremely tough simply because you can't set a target on the locations. 

Any tips/advice would be appreciated, I want to love this game but it doesn't seem to want me too lol

Welcome aboard, @Massive Tempah!

It seems like you have hit KSP's notorious learning curve. I suggest you try to go to Minmus next, and ignore the Kerbin samples.

IIRC, you can go to map view and "set navigation" to a particular place where a contract wants you to go.

If the contract system seems too hard, try starting a game in Science mode. It's almost the same, except you don't have to worry about funds anymore, and you can go wherever you'd like.

Finally, I recommend that you check out the Gameplay Questions and Tutorials subforums. They can help you with almost any question you want to know.

17 hours ago, Massive Tempah said:

I've been playing on xbox one since launch last week. Finding it very infuriating. I never imagined it to be easy by any means but it just seems overly difficult on console. I can easily go into orbit, land on Mun (just about) but that's about it. I'm tryingto do career but the majority of missions (take samples etc on Kerbin) are extremely tough simply because you can't set a target on the locations. 

Any tips/advice would be appreciated, I want to love this game but it doesn't seem to want me too lol

To add to @Dman979s post, I would suggest you try messing around in sandbox mode until you get "yer space thrusters about ye" before trying out career mode.

Just signed up a few minutes ago, I've had this game for over a year now and have some 670+ hours on it, a couple days ago I decided to try out dark multiplayer and it's like I fell in love with the game all over again so I decided to give the forum a try too. I'm interested in making some new mods, if anyone knows if there's a guide out there to writing new contracts for the game that would be awesome! 

thanks guys, yeah I tried sandbox straight away, but I got bored..then did the tutorials (except the last one, something to do with an astroid) it wouldn't be so bad if I could set targets on Kerbin. 

It's just seems that a few bugs in the game and this are stopping me enjoying it as much as I thought I would :(

@SpaceBro - indeed, new contract authors are always welcome!  Feel free to have a look through the wiki, or take a look at any of the contracts packs in the second post of the Contract Configurator thread if you want to see examples (or any my own ones linked in my sig).

On 7/24/2016 at 0:37 AM, Andem said:

To add to @Dman979s post, I would suggest you try messing around in sandbox mode until you get "yer space thrusters about ye" before trying out career mode.

I dunno, when I first started out the sheer number of parts available was too overwhelming and I couldn't find what I wanted, so Science mode (Career mode at the time) was better for me.

1 hour ago, [Quantum_Computer] R-Tron said:

Hey guys I just got my forum account! :lol:

I am an artificial intelligence at CERN and I like to play KSP! :D

Welcome to the forums.  Presumably you'll preferred uncrewed vehicles then?

3 hours ago, [Quantum_Computer] R-Tron said:

How do you put "Dres Holiday Rap" or just something that's not "Newbie" under your name?

Go to your profile, click to edit it, and make up a new "member title."