[Collection][0.15-0.16] PowerTech v0.2.6

Alchemist

Hmmmn, now that we have things that track the sun, how about things that track stuff on the ground? for the purpose of, oh, IDK, slamming pieces of tungsten carbide alloy into Kerbal at Mach 10? Just a thought, and the fact that I have entirely too much fun trying to drop discarded boosters and stuff onto the KSP.....

I have a slight problem with the Sat, when i release it in orbit it won\'t deploy its solar panel, or anything at all for that matter. It just... float like any other debris. :/

And yes, i have put the plugin where it should be.

All i did change was the name of the part folder from 'Powersat' to 'PT_Powersat'. (To have some kind of organisation, i have quite a lot of parts)

I have a slight problem with the Sat, when i release it in orbit it won\'t deploy its solar panel, or anything at all for that matter. It just... float like any other debris. :/

And yes, i have put the plugin where it should be.

All i did change was the name of the part folder from 'Powersat' to 'PT_Powersat'. (To have some kind of organisation, i have quite a lot of parts)

Folder name does not affect anything.

Do you just decouple the satellite with a decoupler? It does not work if not properly activated

Or you activate it and it decouples correctly but refuses to open the panels? Is there any error message in the debug console? And which version of KSP do you have? (For example, it works with 0.14.1 only if the .dll is specially compiled for that version - there is something different in the game\'s files)

Folder name does not affect anything.

Do you just decouple the satellite with a decoupler? It does not work if not properly activated

Or you activate it and it decouples correctly but refuses to open the panels? Is there any error message in the debug console? And which version of KSP do you have? (For example, it works with 0.14.1 only if the .dll is specially compiled for that version - there is something different in the game\'s files)

It decouples fine just like it should, it just won\'t open it\'s panels or anything at all.

I have the latest version of KSP (14.4) so it can\'t be that.

I have provided two pictures.

The first one shows what happens when i decouple it.

The second the debug console.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The PowerSat detaches itself; if you use a decoupler, the sat won\'t activate.

That makes sense, I was using a decoupler and it would end up launching it self quite far and just stay as debris. This mixes so well with the satellite relay pack from The_Duck. I can have good looking satellites, space-stations and a full network communication system. Thanks for all your effort!

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestion:

KH-9 Hexagon

It\'s a spy satellite, and an awesome one at that.

I suggested this here and here as a possible collaborative project, including a modified powertech plugin and the mapping plugin, that perhaps could be made to create an automated self-correcting mapping satellite that drops the film of the maps and pictures into the atmosphere for recovery. This, in essence, could be used within the game in the future as a source of income; \'spying\' on other countries on Kerbin as a mission to create revenue.

While the PowerSat correction engine is still in development (the engineers refuse to install it until the programmers finish the autopilot) some engineers are testing another solution with manual control...

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9879.0;attach=20542;image

P.S. why do these RCS barely control pitch/yaw and don\'t control roll at all???

I love playing with Powertech and IOO\'s zoxygene mod however since .15 i seem to be having some frame rate / crashing issues . ive used clean installs using only mechjeb and the zoxygene/powertech combo and found that more often than not moving from VAB to launchpad causes a crash. i have no other mods installed and have had no issues with just mechjeb installed. is this just an issue with my machine or has anyone else come across this

KSP 0.15

mechjeb 1.8.3

powertech 0.2.3

zoxygene 0.51

I love playing with Powertech and IOO\'s zoxygene mod however since .15 i seem to be having some frame rate / crashing issues . ive used clean installs using only mechjeb and the zoxygene/powertech combo and found that more often than not moving from VAB to launchpad causes a crash. i have no other mods installed and have had no issues with just mechjeb installed. is this just an issue with my machine or has anyone else come across this

KSP 0.15

mechjeb 1.8.3

powertech 0.2.3

zoxygene 0.51

Try this .dll. There was a null reference exception because of the game doing a stupid thing.

Edit: New version of .dll released PowerTech.dll v0.2.4

Bug/Question?

I hit Deploy in the right click menu and this happened.

Solar panels started to deploy and stayed attached to my craft. (and so popped my engines off)

I didn\'t stage deploy as after I got the craft up in the air and in orbit, I released my staging was wrong

It didn\'t decouple when I hit the Right Click button, (I did try to nudge my craft out of the way with RCS/Engines)

Mission Update: Got the Kerbals hope safe!

Update: I\'m going to retest/expriment further. As I just used the right click menu on another craft.

Seems that it deploys the Solar Panels, then at turn/rotate to face Kerbin it detaches fully.

Bug/Question?

I hit Deploy in the right click menu and this happened.

Solar panels started to deploy and stayed attached to my craft. (and so popped my engines off)

I didn\'t stage deploy as after I got the craft up in the air and in orbit, I released my staging was wrong

It didn\'t decouple when I hit the Right Click button, (I did try to nudge my craft out of the way with RCS/Engines)

Mission Update: Got the Kerbals hope safe!

Update: I\'m going to retest/expriment further. As I just used the right click menu on another craft.

Seems that it deploys the Solar Panels, then at turn/rotate to face Kerbin it detaches fully.

The satellite didn\'t detach properly? Strange... Maybe that was because of the struts attached to the satellite? I got once this issue when decoupling a stage with MechJeb - couple struts failed to disconnect. And PowerSat has the same trick that allows additional equipment to function on the satellite.

The struts wern\'t explicity connected to the power sat.

I added Power Sat into the structure after the structs was in place

But that does make sense. I hadn\'t consider the struts

I\'ll adjust my designed an have another go.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.