[1.1.2] Kerbal Konstructs v0.9.7.1 - Slopey Glidey

AlphaAsh

16 hours ago, Andy81le said:

In 1.1, I tried to open a new base. Flew more than 100 km's out, and the button to open a new base appeared. However, nothing is in fact happening when I click on it.

Have KerbinSide installed, with the newest version of Kerbal Konstructs (downloaded separately)

Founding new bases isn't implemented yet.

Opening a base at a base, you need to be within 2km.

6 hours ago, sjwt said:

Ive merged your thread into the main  Kerbal Konstruts one so you can get m ore  targeted help. 

Thanks sjwt. I shan't forget soon. :D

Making bases: Ctrl+K to open the editor tools. Which the reviewer tells you in that video linked. Also one of the first things you learn when you're using the introductory tutorial that's the second post of this thread. Also note how it says Kerbal Konstructs under that video, not Kerbin-Side. Makes you wonder if there's a distinction and perhaps that'll be explained in the video too.

Alternatively you can have a tantrum, resulting in a moderator dumping your crap on me and forcing me to have to deal with it otherwise I look like a mean stand-up guy.

Oh wait. Too late.

Edited by AlphaAsh

v0.9.5.8 available from SpaceDock.

Changelog:

• Fixed disappearing tracking stations in map view/tracking center.
  • Fixed Round Range operational facilities not being operational.

Please note that if you've been using the various operational facilities in a career game, this update is likely to break their persistency. If you look in the KSP/saves directory and then in the relevant save folder you will see:

• KK.cfg
  • KKBack.cfg
  • KKFacilities.cfg
  • KKFacilitiesBack.cfg

It's the last two of concern. Delete those and KK will regenerate them next time you start this career game. Unfortunately it does mean having to re-open the facilities.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Are Convex colliders disabled?

I have this setup, the building roof is a separate mesh, but the shape is approximated by the rest of the building's mesh, collider (set to convex).

e1c1007a07.jpg

880c88e0ef.jpg

However, in game it is acting as if the collider is not convex, so the roof is not solid, but the walls are.

47969eb3a2.jpg

cbb1a3975a.jpg

Edited by Beale

Does the roof face have any depth?

Kerbal Konstructs automatically switches all colliders on a static to concave on game load. Might be a simple case of restarting KSP after placing your static, so that collider fix gets applied.

7 hours ago, AlphaAsh said:

Does the roof face have any depth?

Kerbal Konstructs automatically switches all colliders on a static to concave on game load. Might be a simple case of restarting KSP after placing your static, so that collider fix gets applied.

Ah! Okay.

The roof does not have any depth, but I have not used it as a collider (The convex "shell" of the rest of the building would cover the roof, if that makes any sense).

I suppose the solution is simply to create simplified colliders in situations where I would really like to use convex?

4e5e67736a.jpg

I'd rather use convex, because the concave colliders will take into account even little co-planar details like this:

ccc13162c1.jpg

Edited by Beale

I believe I've found another edge case for the revert menu not appearing (originally fixed in v0.9.5.7).

This is the error I'm getting in ksp.log:

[EXC 13:39:43.837] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	PauseMenu.drawRevertOptions ()
	PauseMenu.<draw>m__814 ()
	DialogGUIButton.OptionSelected ()
	DialogGUIButton.<Create>m__800 ()
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

This is how I'm able to reproduce this (I have only Kerbal Konstructs and Module Manager installed):

• Start a fresh test save.
  • Create a basic rocket in the VAB with a capsule, parachute, solid booster.
  • Save this rocket, optionally test it and see that revert currently works fine.
  • Quit KSP entirely.
  • Start KSP and load the test save.
  • Click on the launchpad and choose to launch the test ship created earlier.
  • Revert menu will not appear.

This bug only appears if the first thing you do after loading your save is try and launch the saved rocket directly from the launch pad. If you go into the VAB and load the rocket and then launch it, reverts work fine. The bug also doesn't seem to appear unless you reproduce the steps after starting KSP from the desktop. If you just exit out of a save and then reload the save without exiting KSP the bug doesn't seem to occur.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: I'm using KK 0.9.5.8 on KSP 1.1.0.1209 x64

Edited by stylez84
Added versions

Looping animation? I have a radar but the animation only cycles once. Also animate on click is slightly borked, the animation runs automatically at start, if you click on it the animation it returns to the animation start and also doesn't remember its last state. If the doors are closed on next load the animation is at start but if clicked it jumps to closed then opens.

I was poking around in the features and Ive figured out the NGS and fuel tanks but what do the office estates and terraced housing do? They give me the option of hiring staff but doing so I see no effect. Is this not yet implemented or am I over looking something?

On 14/04/2016 at 1:58 PM, Beale said:

Ah! Okay.

The roof does not have any depth, but I have not used it as a collider (The convex "shell" of the rest of the building would cover the roof, if that makes any sense).

I suppose the solution is simply to create simplified colliders in situations where I would really like to use convex?

4e5e67736a.jpg

I'd rather use convex, because the concave colliders will take into account even little co-planar details like this:

ccc13162c1.jpg

Ah, yes there is that. What I'll do is introduce a new cfg parameter for switching off the auto-concaving. That should at least give you some flexibility on a per model basis and avoid the need for module managering. However, I'd still recommend using concave colliders where possible, and remember a primitive cube could easily avoid the issue you highlighted in this case, which is concave.

EDIT - Unlike parts, it isn't necessary to try and restrict yourself to one collider for a static model.

8 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Looping animation? I have a radar but the animation only cycles once. Also animate on click is slightly borked, the animation runs automatically at start, if you click on it the animation it returns to the animation start and also doesn't remember its last state. If the doors are closed on next load the animation is at start but if clicked it jumps to closed then opens.

That does sound like legacy functions have been impacted. I'll take a look at the code but I can make no promises at finding fixes as Unity and KSP animations have advanced way past that old KerbTown code.

6 hours ago, DigitalProeliator said:

I was poking around in the features and Ive figured out the NGS and fuel tanks but what do the office estates and terraced housing do? They give me the option of hiring staff but doing so I see no effect. Is this not yet implemented or am I over looking something?

I'll do a test run over those operational facilities since this may be a case that they've been broken and this is the first time I'm reading about it.

On 17/04/2016 at 5:49 PM, stylez84 said:

I believe I've found another edge case for the revert menu not appearing (originally fixed in v0.9.5.7)....

This bug only appears if the first thing you do after loading your save is try and launch the saved rocket directly from the launch pad. If you go into the VAB and load the rocket and then launch it, reverts work fine. The bug also doesn't seem to appear unless you reproduce the steps after starting KSP from the desktop. If you just exit out of a save and then reload the save without exiting KSP the bug doesn't seem to occur.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: I'm using KK 0.9.5.8 on KSP 1.1.0.1209 x64

Good report thank you. I'll take a look at this.

Edited by AlphaAsh

16 hours ago, DigitalProeliator said:

Test run complete. Everything looks good with one exception.

After hiring staff to a barracks or terraced housing or similar, those staff then can be assigned to a facility such as an office estate, through that facility's GUI (look for the Assign button). Staff are pulled automatically from barracks etc. The more staff assigned, the greater that facilities 'production rate', whether it be funds, science and so on. With some judicious use of time-warp you should over time see the 'bank' of a facility 'fill up' and then you can withdraw from that.

You may find some facilities aren't implemented yet though. There's an Industrial Estate at KSC that doesn't do anything yet, for example.

Shsssh. Eskandare made some top secret bases but they're very top secret so after clicking this link be sure to format your hard-drive and burn your computer. Then go buy another computer so you can play KSP. Thanks.

Hi @AlphaAsh Thanks for the heads up with these new top secret konstructions :)

I've been always wishing to ask you about a certain feature. Cause Kerbal Konstructs is probably the best mod for this.

I wish there was a big box collider in Kerbal Konstructs with a trigger, which triggers the "Recover Vessel" function upon detecting a craft inside itself. We could place such collider inside hangars and garages to give a more immersive vessel recovery style. What do you think of it?

1 minute ago, Enceos said:

...I wish there was a big box collider in Kerbal Konstructs with a trigger, which triggers the "Recover Vessel" function upon detecting a craft inside itself. We could place such collider inside hangars and garages to give a more immersive vessel recovery style. What do you think of it?

It's a good idea. I'd have to do some experimenting for technical feasibility but I think this can go on the 'would like to do' list.

Just now, AlphaAsh said:

It's a good idea. I'd have to do some experimenting for technical feasibility but I think this can go on the 'would like to do' list.

I'm glad you like it :3

This is really a nice set of mods; I downloaded it, played around with it, and have a few questions. I did find a few answers in the tread and am simply restating what I think I read so that I can be told if I understood correctly:

Can I build custom bases of my choosing? Not yet, but it's coming.

What all do I have to download? Start with Kerbal Konstructs and begin from there...

Ok, those were the basic two questions I found answers for, but here's one I didn't find an answer to:

Is there a way this can work in sandbox mode?

8 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Can I build custom bases of my choosing?

Yes.  There's an in-game interface that allows you to place and move static objects.  I think it's explained in the OP but not 100% sure.  You can also create your own models and make them into statics, though that's a little more involved.

9 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

What all do I have to download?

Kerbal Konstructs and some sort of content pack (if you're not creating your own).  Kerbinside is the most popular.

10 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Most of the functionality doesn't care what game mode you're in.

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

@blowfish:

While there are links in the OP, it always sends me back to the OP... What I want to do is to build a set of bases around Kerbin. Is there a text read me file?

The relevant link says "See the next post."  So scroll down, even if the link doesn't take you right there.

On 4/19/2016 at 9:53 AM, AlphaAsh said:

Test run complete. Everything looks good with one exception.

After hiring staff to a barracks or terraced housing or similar, those staff then can be assigned to a facility such as an office estate, through that facility's GUI (look for the Assign button). Staff are pulled automatically from barracks etc. The more staff assigned, the greater that facilities 'production rate', whether it be funds, science and so on. With some judicious use of time-warp you should over time see the 'bank' of a facility 'fill up' and then you can withdraw from that.

You may find some facilities aren't implemented yet though. There's an Industrial Estate at KSC that doesn't do anything yet, for example.

Sweet I'll give it a few more tries. I only tried Black Krags since I stopped there to refuel, and I started poking around lol. Huh as a thought would it be possible to make it so you can only launch from a site if you have delivered enough staff, or resources? Could make an interesting way to unlock bases through career contracts, rather than just pay to open them.

41 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

This is really a nice set of mods; I downloaded it, played around with it, and have a few questions. I did find a few answers in the tread and am simply restating what I think I read so that I can be told if I understood correctly:

Can I build custom bases of my choosing? Not yet, but it's coming.

What all do I have to download? Start with Kerbal Konstructs and begin from there...

Ok, those were the basic two questions I found answers for, but here's one I didn't find an answer to:

blowfish covered most of the answers (thank you as always sir).

You can build custom bases using an editor (Ctrl+K in the flight scene to open), using existing static assets provided by a 'statics pack'.

In a later version of KK, I'm hoping to add a feature that allows you to 'found' and expand bases, in addition to just opening and closing existing ones. Think of this as much like the editor, but minus some of the flexibility, with necessary restrictions and specific tailoring that allow proper integration into career mode.

Many of the features in KK are aimed at career mode but there's still plenty to muck around with in sandbox mode. I think I have everything disabling or enabling in sandbox mode that needs to. Let me know if that's not the case.

I'll get some of the links in the OP fixed.

10 minutes ago, DigitalProeliator said:

Sweet I'll give it a few more tries. I only tried Black Krags since I stopped there to refuel, and I started poking around lol. Huh as a thought would it be possible to make it so you can only launch from a site if you have delivered enough staff, or resources? Could make an interesting way to unlock bases through career contracts, rather than just pay to open them.

Quite a few bases from Kerbin-Side haven't had their operational facilities configured yet, primarily because I haven't gotten to them yet :wink:

Regarding unlocking bases through career contracts. Heh. KerConConConExt is nearly ready. I shall say nothing more without appropriate bribing :)

EDIT - And don't try interrogating @nightingale. He know nuffin.

Edited by AlphaAsh

9 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

In a later version of KK, I'm hoping to add a feature that allows you to 'found' and expand bases, in addition to just opening and closing existing ones. Think of this as much like the editor, but minus some of the flexibility, with necessay restrictions and specific tailoring that allow proper integration into career mode.

Absolutely love the idea of being able to 'found' new bases in career - I think it'd be even better if you could select a location on the map and do it there (not sure how feasible it is, but Kerbin is pretty flat, so I imagine a KSC-alike would work just about anywhere other than mountains and ocean).  You could also set a price based on latitude/biome/other factors.

1 hour ago, AlphaAsh said:

In a later version of KK, I'm hoping to add a feature that allows you to 'found' and expand bases, in addition to just opening and closing existing ones. Think of this as much like the editor, but minus some of the flexibility, with necessary restrictions and specific tailoring that allow proper integration into career mode.

Many of the features in KK are aimed at career mode but there's still plenty to muck around with in sandbox mode. I think I have everything disabling or enabling in sandbox mode that needs to. Let me know if that's not the case.

Whats funny I was thinking about the idea of founding bases but though "Na that would be to much!" I know you don't support off-planet launch sites, but if I could make a say lunar refuel point it would be awesome. To bad the Hanger mod from Allista is not getting updated. That mod combined with this would be EPIC!

6 minutes ago, DigitalProeliator said:

Whats funny I was thinking about the idea of founding bases but though "Na that would be to much!" I know you don't support off-planet launch sites, but if I could make a say lunar refuel point it would be awesome. To bad the Hanger mod from Allista is not getting updated. That mod combined with this would be EPIC!

Off-planet sites are not supported (well, definitely not supported for launching, maybe for just existing).