[WIP][V 0.5.1] The Modular Booster System (3/11/2015) [0.90]

Starwhip

I may have discovered a workaround for the modular separators. If I made them physicsless, I believe they would stop spazzing out.

Also, the next version is going to have better textures... expect a nicer color, cleaner engine nozzles, and perhaps some small detailing.

The nozzle shapes should also be done by the release of v0.6.0, stay tuned!

• 1 month later...

Now that all engines in KSP have nicknames, I've created a survey to see what you guys think the nicknames of the nozzles in this mod should be!

I've also allowed you to propose names for the fuel segments, we will see what that comes up with.

MBS Part Nickname Survey

This should be updated for 1.0 very soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like this, but after watching that utube vid, I would like to make the following suggestions:

1. Solid fuel should only be able to be used from tanks connected together

2. Not too important, but solid fuel should drain from each tank equally. This might be important if the center of mass is significant to the vehicle

Anyway, I'll be watching for the 1.0.2 update.

Lgg

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
And real SRBs burn from bottom-to-top and inside-to-out. So, it'd make more sense to burn evenly.

Not exactly bottom to top. And it doesn't have to burn from inside-to-out, although it's the most common type. You can make it burn vertically so the segment length reduces during the burn, accounting for the increased surface are of the core. This is known as a BATES grain. Look:

SerpentineIgnorantAmmonite.gif

Also, the SRBs usually use more complex core patterns so they can "carve" thrust patterns in the fuel.

SOURCE: Amateur rocket builder. I create my own rocket motors.

Edited by mariohm1311

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
1 hour ago, harits said:

hhmm i have problem

That's as may be, but this mod appears to have been inactive for over 3 years, and any problems you have with it now seem unlikely to be addressed at this point.

Locking thread to avoid further confusion.

@Starwhip, if you'd like your thread unlocked at any point, please let us know and we're happy to oblige.  Easiest way to contact us is to just report this post with an explanatory note. Thanks!