The Number War: Count to 100 or -100

RainDreamer

On 02/09/2016 at 11:17 AM, Vysionone said:

It's getting to the point where nobody wants to fight for the positives because they have no chance to win. It's just a negative fest all the way down from here. I'm quitting the number wars.

:( Goodbye.

What? Why? :0.0:

The Positives are just warming up, ya know....

Eventually the Positives will strike, a war fought with ferocity, never seen before.

There will be bloodshed.

And there will come a time where we will fear Them.

Sorry everyone for the long resolution, we have a new case here, again as a problem with editing:

On 8/26/2016 at 9:40 AM, PB666 said:

-75 (-)

-76 (-)

We don't know what exactly went down here, and from our perspective, it means 2 possibilities:

1. PB666 edited the post, which is strongly discouraged, and would be considered an error in this case.

2. PB666 did not edit the post, but double post and has the post appended. However, that means it is a violation of Rule 2, which states: " You cannot perform any operation again until another person has successfully perform an operation to change the current number. " Which means you cannot fix your own mistake if you already posted it. You can, of course, pretend the mistake never happened and continue, but that risk reverting from enemies. You can also point out your own mistake if you wish, which null it as a revert point for enemies but set you back, as that does not allow you to perform any operation until your mistake is fixed, including trying to fix your own mistake.

I have made a little clarification to the 

However, as this is a new case without precedent and people likely don't know about it, we do not want to completely null the whole round, so this will be a GM revert to last valid post before that mistake (if you find a revertable mistake before this one, welcome to use it, I haven't check the whole round):

On 8/26/2016 at 9:38 AM, Mycroft said:

-75 (-) No resistance!

Because I quoted the negatives, I will now also ping some positives here so they have a chance as well (picked at random though since people can change side anytime): @TopHeavy11 @Atlas2342

Have fun. And please don't edit, it makes things so very difficult for us.

So it's back to my post of -75, huh? Okay, @JoseEduardo, @PB666back to work!

@RainDreamer, you wanted to ping some positives? Cause Atlas is or was negative. @legoclone09 is a solid positivist. And to @TopHeavy11. @Vysionone, the if you think nobody is fighting for the positive side, then don't just give up and leave! Fight for the positives! You would make it even!

I can't be quite as heavily involved as last time, though. :(

59 minutes ago, RainDreamer said:

Sorry everyone for the long resolution, we have a new case here, again as a problem with editing:

We don't know what exactly went down here, and from our perspective, it means 2 possibilities:

1. PB666 edited the post, which is strongly discouraged, and would be considered an error in this case.

2. PB666 did not edit the post, but double post and has the post appended. However, that means it is a violation of Rule 2, which states: " You cannot perform any operation again until another person has successfully perform an operation to change the current number. " Which means you cannot fix your own mistake if you already posted it. You can, of course, pretend the mistake never happened and continue, but that risk reverting from enemies. You can also point out your own mistake if you wish, which null it as a revert point for enemies but set you back, as that does not allow you to perform any operation until your mistake is fixed, including trying to fix your own mistake.

I have made a little clarification to the 

However, as this is a new case without precedent and people likely don't know about it, we do not want to completely null the whole round, so this will be a GM revert to last valid post before that mistake (if you find a revertable mistake before this one, welcome to use it, I haven't check the whole round):

Because I quoted the negatives, I will now also ping some positives here so they have a chance as well (picked at random though since people can change side anytime): @TopHeavy11 @Atlas2342

Have fun. And please don't edit, it makes things so very difficult for us.

Yeah thats the problem with the interface. You can't really control the outcome of two successive postings. But a deeper problem exist, because the rules create a big delimna. A false post is essentially jibbereish, i coukd have edited the previous to text, and then reposted (and maybe the stinking editor would not have appeneded) in which case the rule would extend as far as saying you cant post a statement and then follow with a number change. 

for example i posted a message, then posted a number, on one occassion it did not count as an edit but then i refreshed at a later time and it did. So the rule basically mean you cant post anything and follow it with a number.