[WIP] [1.12.x] Roster Manager - 0.3.0.1 KSP 1.12.x Compatibility Edition - 13 Feb 2022

Papa_Joe

The idea really looks incredible. I love these mods concerning kerbals' personal stories such as KeepFit, FinalFroniter or crew rotation. Compatibility with these mods would surely make Roster manager even better. Same with KTC. Keep the good work. I really appreciate what moders do for KSP

• 2 weeks later...
It's a damn shame this mod is dead, it was looking like a winner with it's features.

Maybe we can ask Magico to do something similar?

This mod is not dead. Papa_Joe just has 'real life' concerns at the moment that are taking up a lot of his time. Please be patient.

• 4 weeks later...
This mod is not dead. Papa_Joe just has 'real life' concerns at the moment that are taking up a lot of his time. Please be patient.

Indeed, JPLRepo is correct. I yet live.

JPLRepo has offered and I've accepted collaboration on this project. It is certainly ambitious, and his assistance will prove invaluable I'm sure. As I get the next version of SM out, I'll be revisting this and brainstorming with him.

Stay tuned, and thank you all so much for your patience as I work through the family health challenges I face.

Indeed, JPLRepo is correct. I yet live.

JPLRepo has offered and I've accepted collaboration on this project. It is certainly ambitious, and his assistance will prove invaluable I'm sure. As I get the next version of SM out, I'll be revisting this and brainstorming with him.

Stay tuned, and thank you all so much for your patience as I work through the family health challenges I face.

JPLRepo and I have been communicating, and he is hard at work with a 1.0.5 update. No details on what will be included other than:

- updates to kerbal renaming, and

- updates to profession management,

- autoconvert of old game saves containing the old renaming scheme.

These changes bring it into 1.0.5 compliance. I do know that JPLRepo is working on other features, so continue to stay tuned.

While he is working on Roster Manager, I'm off working on Connected Living Space. It needs a little love, and I have a cool new feature or 2 to include there as well.

Thanks!

Edited by Papa_Joe

[quote name='Papa_Joe']JPLRepo and I have been communicating, and he is hard at work with a 1.0.5 update. No details on what will be included other than:

- updates to kerbal renaming, and
- updates to profession management,
- autoconvert of old game saves containing the old renaming scheme.

These changes bring it into 1.0.5 compliance. I do know that JPLRepo is working on other features, so continue to stay tuned.

While he is working on Roster Manager, I'm off working on Connected Living Space. It needs a little love, and I have a cool new feature or 2 to include there as well.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Indeed, as Papa_Joe has stated, he and I are now collaborating on this mod.
I have a number of updates in-progress for a update release. The plan is to get something out in the next week and subsequent builds over the coming weeks to progress Papa_Joe's grand plans for this mod.
The next version will include:
Updates to bring RM up to 1.0.5 speed including what Papa_Joe mentioned around kerbal renaming and profession renaming.
I am working on making some gameplay alterations (these of course will be configurable) with regard to profession management. These will be optional free, or cost you funds going forward. This is the interest of gameplay and future ideas around being able to train and re-train kerbals to different professions rather than just switching them. Of course, you can always set the config to just change them without cost.
Other changes in the next version will include:-

Salaries (settings configurable). Yes - you will have to pay your kerbals (that you recruit). Salaries can be configured to be paid monthly or yearly. If at any stage you are unable to pay your kerbals then they will go into a contract dispute mode and request a pay rise to continue working. You can accept or not. If you accept the pay rise takes effect and back-pay will begin accumulating. This can occur for three pay periods, at which time, if you are still unable to pay them all their owed salary they will stop working for you (become tourists). Until such time as you can pay them in full all owing monies, at which time they will stop being tourists and become available to work for you again.

Age (settings configurable). Yes - your kerbals will age over time, and yes they will eventually die of old age.
Of course, if you have respawn on in your game settings they will respawn as new freshman. These config options are available to you, the player. Age in future versions will affect:- performance, experience, influence on crewmates whilst on missions. You can stop the aging process by Freezing your kerbals using my DeepFreeze mod if you have it installed, RM will be completely compatible with DeepFreeze in this regard.

That's all that is planned for the upcoming version, but as I said, the plan is to continue expanding this mod out to include, aspects regarding training, experience, and other stats and potential other mod integrations. So stay tuned, and hopefully I can get all the testing done and a version out in the coming week.
Cheers! Edited by JPLRepo

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update.   JPLRepo is working on the final touches.   no promises as to timing, (we all know that christmas is just around the corner for those who celebrate) But we are in close contact daily

Good things coming.

Once we do get a release, I will be refactoring the plugin and preparing it for the next phase, I need to work out some framework issues to support a more modular approach to adding features.   This beast will be a significant project by the time we get close to finishing it.   Best to get it on a solid foundation now.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Ok, I've been testing, refactoring and cleaning up what few bugs remain.   I'll be releasing JPLRepo and my efforts as the next update within hours.

Version 0.2.0.0 05 Dec 2015 
 - Compatible with new KSP 1.0.5 Kerbal Traits/naming process.
 - Up to date with DeepFreeze Mod integration.
 - Fixed Filter tab at top of GUI, and added Frozen filter (if DeepFreeze is installed)
 - Added Salaries option to Settings, also in settings you can set salaries to be paid monthly or yearly.
   - Salaries are set via Training - Experience Tab in the GUI. Default value is 10000 funds.
   - Salaries are deducted monthly or yearly, but if you do not have enough funds then the kerbals who aren't paid will go into a contract dispute mode.
     - Contract Disputes occur when kerbals are not paid their salary. Each pay period the kerbals who aren't paid will ask for a payrise (which goes up each time they aren't paid).
       All un-paid salary will accrue each time they are not paid.
       The user can accept the payrise and the kerbal will continue to work for you. However, this will only occur for 3 pay periods. At the end of the third occurrence of them not
       being paid the kerbal will go on strike (Become a tourist). Until such time as they are paid all owed money.
     - A Contracts Window is available to see all kerbals that currently are in contract dispute and allow you to accept payrise, decline (they go on strike). Or if you have
       funds available you can re-pay them all owed monies and they will go back to work for you.
     - Each month or year (salary period) funds are checked and if there are enough contract disputes are automatically resolved.     
 - Added KerbalLifeSpanInfo including Age and lifespan processing setting for each kerbal. 
   - If this setting is on all kerbals in the game will age over time and eventually die from old age.
   - If the Repawn kerbal option is on in the main game settings then they will respawn when the die (but as a new freshman again).
   - If you also have DeepFreeze Mod intalled then freezing a kerbal will stop the aging process whilst they are frozen.
   - Each Kerbals age is shown in the Attributes Tab for each kerbal and the main roster list. But the age cannot be changed. 
 - Refactored code, cleaned up code style, standardized variables and usage.

Next version will include some architectural changes and additional features.  That will likely be after the US holiday season.

Edited by Papa_Joe
spelling

38 minutes ago, dave1904 said:

The file from kerbalstuff is 22bytes and there is nothing to extract

Ya, I screwed up the file.... Corrected now, so just go get it again.  should be around 88k

Edited by Papa_Joe

OK so I think I found a bug.... When this mod is installed and I fire a Kerbal I can no longer enter/ exit buildings or exit the game. After uninstalling my games went back to normal. :( its a pretty old bug hopefully it's an easy fix

1 hour ago, Berlin said:

OK so I think I found a bug.... When this mod is installed and I fire a Kerbal I can no longer enter/ exit buildings or exit the game. After uninstalling my games went back to normal. :( its a pretty old bug hopefully it's an easy fix

Hmm, that's interesting. did you try to restart KSP with RM installed after this occurred? And it still had the problem? I find that very strange if you did and it was still doing it. Can you supply a log file recording the bug?

5 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Hmm, that's interesting. did you try to restart KSP with RM installed after this occurred? And it still had the problem? I find that very strange if you did and it was still doing it. Can you supply a log file recording the bug?

I will get a log for you later today and yes I definitely restarted KSP multiple times, tried it on 64 bit and 32 bit and kept having the same issue.

EDIT

I just tried it again and its still having the same issue. I think this is the issue https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/105651-KSC-Buildings-Lock-Up-Can-t-Click-on-Anything-Firing-Kerbal-Crashes-Game

not sure if that will shine any light on it for you. below is my output.log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2gb0cp2cwhc6e5/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by Berlin
post output.log

9 hours ago, Berlin said:

I will get a log for you later today and yes I definitely restarted KSP multiple times, tried it on 64 bit and 32 bit and kept having the same issue.

EDIT

I just tried it again and its still having the same issue. I think this is the issue https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/105651-KSC-Buildings-Lock-Up-Can-t-Click-on-Anything-Firing-Kerbal-Crashes-Game

not sure if that will shine any light on it for you. below is my output.log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2gb0cp2cwhc6e5/output_log.txt?dl=0

Ok, that other bug is a bug related to when you fire a kerbal that is already part of an active contract.. usually where the contract was generated by a mod and then you un-instal that mod. I'm not sure that is what is happening here. But assume you looked at the steps in that thread around checking your save file out?

Anyway - that said, the error log you have provided has given me some things to look into. I think what's happening here is you fire a kerbal and the internal table of kerbals in Roster Manager is not removing them. Then when it tries to save it's internal list info of each kerbal it is getting an error. I'll do some debugging.

Edited by JPLRepo

2 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Ok, that other bug is a bug related to when you fire a kerbal that is already part of an active contract.. usually where the contract was generated by a mod and then you un-instal that mod. I'm not sure that is what is happening here. But assume you looked at the steps in that thread around checking your save file out?

Anyway - that said, the error log you have provided has given me some things to look into. I think what's happening here is you fire a kerbal and the internal table of kerbals in Roster Manager is not removing them. Then when it tries to save it's internal list info of each kerbal it is getting an error. I'll do some debugging.

Every time I got the error was at the beginning of a new game. I always fire my starting crew first thing so there is no way they are on an active contract. Hopefully it's an easy fix. 

1 hour ago, Berlin said:

Every time I got the error was at the beginning of a new game. I always fire my starting crew first thing so there is no way they are on an active contract. Hopefully it's an easy fix. 

Yep. I don't think it's anything to do with that other bug. It's a bug in RM when you fire crew. I'll try to do a fix as soon as I can (at work now). In the meantime - don't fire any kerbals and it should be ok.

Edited by JPLRepo

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

Yep. I don't think it's anything to do with that other bug. It's a bug in RM when you fire crew. I'll try to do a fix as soon as I can (at work now). In the meantime - don't fire any kerbals and it should be ok.

You rock. 

2 hours ago, Berlin said:

You rock. 

I cannot reproduce your error. You say you start a new game.. what kind of game? Career? Science? sandbox?
you fire all the starting crew and do you then hire any? and then when does the can't click the KSC buildings occur? straight after that? 
I want to make sure I have any fix right. If I can't reproduce your error than I cannot be sure I have the fix.

Can you outline the steps that causes the error. Type of game, you fire ALL the kerbals at the start of the game.. and then what? and when does the error occur after that? when you go to editor, flight? With a vessel launch? on return from flight? Can you turn on Verbose Debugging in the Roster Manager settings, reproduce the error and supply that log file along with save game file? That would very much help. Thanks.

Edited by JPLRepo

8 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

I cannot reproduce your error. You say you start a new game.. what kind of game? Career? Science? sandbox?
you fire all the starting crew and do you then hire any? and then when does the can't click the KSC buildings occur? straight after that? 
I want to make sure I have any fix right. If I can't reproduce your error than I cannot be sure I have the fix.

Can you outline the steps that causes the error. Type of game, you fire ALL the kerbals at the start of the game.. and then what? and when does the error occur after that? when you go to editor, flight? With a vessel launch? on return from flight? Can you turn on Verbose Debugging in the Roster Manager settings, reproduce the error and supply that log file along with save game file? That would very much help. Thanks.

When I get the chance today I will get you the log and save game. Here are my steps

1. Start new career

2. fire all hired crew

3. go attempt to build new vessel

4. now I can't exit/launch/ build or simulate -( Kerbal construction time)

5. Restart game to see if it fixes it (no)

6. Now I can't enter VAB. I can  however enter the R&D building but cannot exit. 

16 hours ago, Berlin said:

When I get the chance today I will get you the log and save game. Here are my steps

1. Start new career

2. fire all hired crew

3. go attempt to build new vessel

4. now I can't exit/launch/ build or simulate -( Kerbal construction time)

5. Restart game to see if it fixes it (no)

6. Now I can't enter VAB. I can  however enter the R&D building but cannot exit. 

I still can't replicate the error by following these steps which makes me think this is some conflict between Roster Manager and another mod that is causing this issue.
Looking at your list of installed mods can I ask that you try removing these mods one by one (in this order, as they seem the most likely that would cause the conflict from the list of mods you had installed in the log you supplied) to see if the problem goes away or if you can repeat the problem and report back?

KSI (Astronaut complex overhaul)
KerbalRenamer
FinalFrontier

I couldn't see that you had kerbal construction time even installed in the log you supplied before?

Can you also download this dev DLL from here (when you click the link, then click on the "View Raw" link this should download the dll file for you.

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/RosterManager/blob/Dev/RosterManager/Distribution/GameData/RosterManager/Plugins/RosterManager.dll

Copy it into \GameData\RosterManager\Plugins folder (replace existing file) and let me know if this fixes the problem or not?
Thanks

Edited by JPLRepo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.