[WIP] [1.12.x] Roster Manager - 0.3.0.1 KSP 1.12.x Compatibility Edition - 13 Feb 2022

Papa_Joe

11 minutes ago, Berlin said:

I was just about to ask if the mod was compatible with kct.. I know it didn't used to be. I didn't even think of that until now. I'll check that in the morning and let you know for sure

Sorry, can you try the DEV DLL I just posted above and let me know how you go as well as without KCT before installing it. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, speedwaystar said:

3DD8OKa.png

:(

I'm assuming you are trying to report an error here? but there is very little to nothing to go on from a screen shot.
Please provide a description of the problem, how to re-create it and a log file.
It is possible the fixes that I did a few weeks ago may fix your issue, they are just waiting for Papa_Joe to release them.
So you could wait for that to see if it fixes your problem, or as above. Log file please.

the main issue, apart from the flood of exceptions, is that Roster Manager's kerbal list is blank, although as you can see below, they are all alive and well. 

VZIbhgT.png

i'll upload a log as soon as i reinstall the mod. do you want the ksp.log, the saved RosterManager debug log, or both?

EDIT: this is from an earlier screenshot. i uninstalled DeepFreeze and KSI with the results you see in my earlier post.

EDIT MOAR: i couldn't find the RosterManager logfile, despite clicking "save log on exit", so here's my ksp.log which basically repeats the info in the original screencap:

[EXC 23:31:14.604] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RosterManager.RMKerbals.Save (.ConfigNode node)
    RosterManager.RMLifeSpan.OnSave (.ConfigNode gameNode)
    ScenarioModule.Save (.ConfigNode node)
    ProtoScenarioModule..ctor (.ScenarioModule module)
    ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules ()
    Game.Updated ()
    GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode)
    KSCPauseMenu.draw (Int32 id)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Edited by speedwaystar

On 1/21/2016 at 9:50 AM, speedwaystar said:

the main issue, apart from the flood of exceptions, is that Roster Manager's kerbal list is blank, although as you can see below, they are all alive and well. 

VZIbhgT.png

i'll upload a log as soon as i reinstall the mod. do you want the ksp.log, the saved RosterManager debug log, or both?

EDIT: this is from an earlier screenshot. i uninstalled DeepFreeze and KSI with the results you see in my earlier post.

EDIT MOAR: i couldn't find the RosterManager logfile, despite clicking "save log on exit", so here's my ksp.log which basically repeats the info in the original screencap:

Are you running Linux by any chance? I see the same issues in Linux, both the empty roster (though the contract window is populated), and when I click save debug log, it says its written, but there is nothing in the listed location.

10 minutes ago, Erebus1 said:

Are you running Linux by any chance? I see the same issues in Linux, both the empty roster (though the contract window is populated), and when I click save debug log, it says its written, but there is nothing in the listed location.

it's probably a 64-bit problem then, since i am (or was) running ksp x64 at the time of the bug report.

1 hour ago, speedwaystar said:

support for Final Frontier would be nice -- a tab showing the kerbal's mission ribbons.

79oD3pv.png

Hey, good suggestion and is in the plan for RM.

On another note, I'll be releasing the latest revisions ny JPLRepo tonight (US time).   I'm still trying to debug SM and I'm not going to delay this any further.

• 1 month later...

Wow this looks amazing, this is going to be soooo much fun!

Questions...

Does this interact with Keepfit and does it count the simulations done with the KRASH simulation mod?

Both of these would be awesome features as you could have Kerbals get sick when they lose health and other things like that. 

Edited by BT Industries

Sorry for the delay on this.    I've finally found a bit of time to get this released.  JPLRepo has added a nice feature with Notes in the records tab.  you have 2k to express yourself on each kerbal.  Persists with the game save.

New Release:

Version 0.2.1.0 15 Mar 2016
 - Fix issue with Loading/Saving causing errors at space centre.
 - Fix issue when Kerbals are sacked.
 - Changed DeepFreeze Integration to use new DeepFreeze wrapper API (no more hard dependency on specific versions).
 - Added Notes function. There is now one Notes area for each kerbal (2k characters max) to record whatever notes you wish, accessed by selecting a kerbal in RM and selecting the Records tab.

Edited by Papa_Joe

2 hours ago, BT Industries said:

Wow this looks amazing, this is going to be soooo much fun!

Questions...

Does this interact with Keepfit and does it count the simulations done with the KRASH simulation mod?

Both of these would be awesome features as you could have Kerbals get sick when they lose health and other things like that. 

There are plans to integrate with mods like Keepfit and KRASH... Development has slowed on this mod until KSP 1.1 is released. But is by no means stopped. Stay Tuned!

9 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

There are plans to integrate with mods like Keepfit and KRASH... Development has slowed on this mod until KSP 1.1 is released. But is by no means stopped. Stay Tuned!

i would love to see KeepFit, Final Frontier and KabinKraziness all integrated directly with this, that would be so epic. 

11 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Yay

2 hours ago, eberkain said:

i would love to see KeepFit, Final Frontier and KabinKraziness all integrated directly with this, that would be so epic. 

Same Here.

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2016 at 8:26 PM, JPLRepo said:

Development has slowed on this mod until KSP 1.1 is released. But is by no means stopped. Stay Tuned!

1.1 is out!!! (Finally...)

So I am tuning in.

Jokes aside, hows it going?

Edited by BT Industries

2 hours ago, BT Industries said:

1.1 is out!!! (Finally...)

So I am tuning in.

Jokes aside, hows it going?

I've got a Dev version ready to go.. No new features. Just working as before but now under 1.1.
Won't be long.

17 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

I've got a Dev version ready to go.. No new features. Just working as before but now under 1.1.
Won't be long.

Ok, I've published V0.2.2.0 on Github and SpaceDock. Go to the links in the OP. I just can't update the OP or thread title. Papa_Joe has to do that.

1 minute ago, JPLRepo said:

Ok, I've published V0.2.2.0 on Github and SpaceDock. Go to the links in the OP. I just can't update the OP or thread title. Papa_Joe has to do that.

Can't wait to pay Jeb a ton of dough! 

I just discovered this mod.  Looks interesting.

Problem # 1: It lists Recruits as Available status.  Need to be able to exclude Kerbals who are not part of the team.  It also shows Tourists as Available.   When I click the Available button, it shows the Recruits.

Problem # 2:  it shows Kerbals who don't even exist as Recruits, Available, or Assigned.

Problem # 3:  Cannot edit Kerbals..  When I click a Kerbal's name, the Create A Kerbal dialog opens.  Even a regular like Bob or Bill.  Tried to add a note.  Can't do it.  I'm told "That name is in use" as if I'm trying to create a new Kerbal

Edited by Apollo13

1 hour ago, Apollo13 said:

I just discovered this mod.  Looks interesting.

Problem # 1: It lists Recruits as Available status.  Need to be able to exclude Kerbals who are not part of the team.  It also shows Tourists as Available.   When I click the Available button, it shows the Recruits.

Problem # 2:  it shows Kerbals who don't even exist as Recruits, Available, or Assigned.

Problem # 3:  Cannot edit Kerbals..  When I click a Kerbal's name, the Create A Kerbal dialog opens.  Even a regular like Bob or Bill.  Tried to add a note.  Can't do it.  I'm told "That name is in use" as if I'm trying to create a new Kerbal

Thanks for that. I think these are related to 1.1 because they were all working in 1.0.5.

1: confirmed

2: don't see that. Bit more info. Are they dead or missing kerbals?

3: I can edit/change their names but then the list shows them multiple times. If you close the window and open it again it fixes itself.

I'll work on fixes once I get my other mods working in 1.1

Edited by JPLRepo

@JPLRepo thanks for the reply.  The non-existing Kerbals are neither Dead nor Missing.

I just now discovered, they were formerly Tourists.  Here's an example from my persistent.sfs:

KERBAL
        {
            name = Lizla Kerman
            gender = Female
            type = Unowned
            trait = Pilot
            brave = 0.2939282
            dumb = 0.6684083
            badS = False
            tour = False
            state = Assigned
            ToD = 0
            idx = -1
            CAREER_LOG
            {
                flight = 0
            }
            FLIGHT_LOG
            {
                flight = 0
            }
        }

Here she is in the contract (that I accepted and completed) that created her:

CONTRACT
            {
                guid = 8b120a3e-4821-44f8-904e-5defb8f448d0
                type = TourismContract
                prestige = 1
                seed = 879058567
                state = Offered
                agent = Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spacecraft Parts Co
                deadlineType = Floating
                expiryType = Floating
                values = 77142.8564071655,102696427.592039,0,0,0,0,28.39161,11.53846,18190874.5362795,0,0,0
                gender = 0
                preposition = right here on Kerbin
                homeDestinations = False
                tourists = Calmy Kerman|Gerisa Kerman|Jebcas Kerman|Lizla Kerman

She went from being a Tourist to a Pilot and shows-up in Roster Manager as a Pilot.  Calmy, Gerisa, and Jebcas (all formerly Tourists) have similar bios.  However, in the Astronaut Complex, none of these appear as Available/Assigned/Missing.

Here's one from a contract I have not yet accepted.  So, should not be created at all.  Listed by RM as a Scientist.

KERBAL
        {
            name = Cordon Kerman
            gender = Male
            type = Unowned
            trait = Scientist
            brave = 0.7340253
            dumb = 0.1801908
            badS = False
            tour = False
            state = Assigned
            ToD = 0
            idx = -1
            CAREER_LOG
            {
                flight = 0
            }
            FLIGHT_LOG
            {
                flight = 0
            }
        }

Here's the creation from the contract:

RMKerbal
            {
                lastUpdate = 18120067.2998191
                Name = Cordon Kerman
                status = Assigned
                type = Unowned
                vesselID = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
                VesselName = 

Finally, in RM, all these non-existent Kerbals have yellow-colored font, indicating Assigned, but they are Available.

Bottom line:  Roster Manager is CORRECT by listing them, but KSP is INCORRECT by changing them from Tourists to Pilot/Engineer/Scientist.  I'll log that as a bug in the Squad Bug Tracker; I'm sure they'll ignore it or call it intentional.

Edited by Apollo13

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.