[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

Is there a solution to the glitch of Kerbals cloning themselves when attempting to reenter vessel after EVA when using UKS? Game says they're back inside, but clobe is still on ladder outside. Unable to exit to space center without losing progress because clone is on ladder. Pretty frustrating - can't even 'terminate mission' of clone on ladder. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Stripped my KSP install of ALL mods...then added back KIS first and loaded game. Problem did not reoccur. Then added UKS & loaded again - no issues. Added the rest of my mods, one at a time, and the EVA cloning issue never reappeared :) The best news is that I was able to resume my previous saved game without any problems.

Therefore I recommend the above for anyone having this issue. Thanks for bearing with me. Cheers!

Is there a solution to the glitch of Kerbals cloning themselves when attempting to reenter vessel after EVA when using UKS? Game says they're back inside, but clobe is still on ladder outside. Unable to exit to space center without losing progress because clone is on ladder. Pretty frustrating - can't even 'terminate mission' of clone on ladder. Thanks in advance.

I had the same issue. Stock Bug Fix Modules is partially responsible for this.

Is it possible to have two KISPartMount modules in the same part? I would like to be able to stack parts using the top and bottom nodes on the part, and then attach the part the sides of another copy of the same part using, say, a front node attaching to the sides. Think of the six-way hub. How do I attach another six-way hub to one of the side nodes, and stack six-way hubs on top of each other?

Is it possible to have two KISPartMount modules in the same part? I would like to be able to stack parts using the top and bottom nodes on the part, and then attach the part the sides of another copy of the same part using, say, a front node attaching to the sides. Think of the six-way hub. How do I attach another six-way hub to one of the side nodes, and stack six-way hubs on top of each other?

Isn't that what Universal Storage mod does?

Isn't that what Universal Storage mod does?

Similar, but not exactly. Universal Storage has a central part and has wedges that attach to the part. What I want to do is use the same part to stack parts as well as attach other copies of the same part to the sides. Here is what I mean. Below is an example of attaching copies of the same part to the sides.

hXmzhTQ.png

I also want to stack the parts vertically:

QpU1wde.png

Right now, I can do one or the other, meaning I can stack them vertically, or I can attach them to the sides. I know that I can create two parts, one that stacks vertically, and one that attaches to the sides, but I'm hoping to avoid that, because then I'd have to store the side panels separately.

I know that ModuleKISPartMount has a mountedPartNode, but it doesn't support multiple mounted part nodes. I suppose that if I could change the mountedPartNode during flight, that would solve my problem, but I don't know if that is possible.

I guess KIS currently lacks an option in the ModuleKISItem, which would allow to attach this part without a tool

KospY has made his explosives attachable without a tool, but didn't give us an option to create same parts. {wrong}

EDIT: Try doing it with ModuleKISItem and add a line "allowPartAttach = 1"

Edited by Enceos

I think there is a bug with Advanced Grabbing Unit.

when single part is grabbed by Advanced Grabbing Unit, this single part can be grabbed by kerbal, and can be connected to the ship, but Advanced Grabbing Unit is not detecting this. When I right click on Advanced Grabbing Unit there is still option to release, and when I choose this option part is disconnected from attach node, and flaying away. When I connected this part to another ship, and this ship fly from physic range, Advanced Grabbing Unit become completely buggy, no option to disarm, and I think it can't grab anything.

The only way to avoid this is release part, and then grab it.

Sorry for my English.

I think there is a bug with Advanced Grabbing Unit.

when single part is grabbed by Advanced Grabbing Unit, this single part can be grabbed by kerbal, and can be connected to the ship, but Advanced Grabbing Unit is not detecting this. When I right click on Advanced Grabbing Unit there is still option to release, and when I choose this option part is disconnected from attach node, and flaying away. When I connected this part to another ship, and this ship fly from physic range, Advanced Grabbing Unit become completely buggy, no option to disarm, and I think it can't grab anything.

The only way to avoid this is release part, and then grab it.

Sorry for my English.

Yeah, a known bug for me. Maybe KospY could disallow taking parts grabbed by the graplers with MODULE [ModuleGrappleNode].

I am currently trying to set a up a flatter, larger base part that would serve as the same functionality of the Concrete base. So far I have encountered two major problems. If I copy and edit a 1.25m probe core part, making it almost identical to the concrete base in the way the it's .cfg is set up (except the model part and attachment node locations are from the probe) it either just ups and vanishes when the internal part name is "foundationStackSmall" taking with it everything attached. This happens in time warp or when changing scenes.

or if I change the part name to "kis_concreteBase1flat" it stops vanishing, but now explodes when I time warp. And presumably when when I change scenes.

can some one help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, or what is going wrong.

I'm definitely running into disappearing inventories on a regular basis now. It happens using F9 loading, which I suspect is the mechanism that the QuickStart mod uses.

None of the Kerbals have inventories (either directly when EVA or through the menu in the container they're in when not EVA). KIS containers do have their inventories. Going to the Space Center and back restores access to the inventories, BUT if they were holding anything in their inventory before it's GONE.

Edited by r1chardj0n3s

Is there any way to force certain volume on part? I want to get KSO Kerbostar helicopter, ship it to Laythe without main rotor and attach the rotor there. But despite being very thin structure it doesn't fit into any of the containers. IRL we would be able to deassemble it, right?

Is there any way to force certain volume on part? I want to get KSO Kerbostar helicopter, ship it to Laythe without main rotor and attach the rotor there. But despite being very thin structure it doesn't fit into any of the containers. IRL we would be able to deassemble it, right?

yes. Read the wiki on github.

I'm definitely running into disappearing inventories on a regular basis now. It happens using F9 loading, which I suspect is the mechanism that the QuickStart mod uses.

None of the Kerbals have inventories (either directly when EVA or through the menu in the container they're in when not EVA). KIS containers do have their inventories. Going to the Space Center and back restores access to the inventories, BUT if they were holding anything in their inventory before it's GONE.

Your inventory will mostly always disappear if you push the EVA button while there's white noise on a Kerbal's portrait. Let the game load their faces first, this is when the game loads their inventories.

Your inventory will mostly always disappear if you push the EVA button while there's white noise on a Kerbal's portrait. Let the game load their faces first, this is when the game loads their inventories.

OK, I'll ensure I give the game enough time in the future, fingers crossed :)

Need a little help here. Yesterday I practiced building a rover and base on the launch pad. Everything went well. I launched a supply ship to the Mun and then followed with a manned lander.

When my Kerbals (Bob and Bill) reached the lander, neither of them was able to attach one part to another. They could bring things out and drop them on the ground, but not attach them to each other.

I had messed around with the Traits file in GamePlay/Squad/Experience, so I figured that might be the cause of the trouble. I exited the game to restore the file to its original settings, but that did not help.

Can anyone tell me what the trouble is and/or what I'm doing wrong here?

B-but Mitchz, 0.25 meters are equal to 25 centimeters...

I'm an idiot. :blush:

Have you tried to separate the parts by pressing H (requires engineer and screwdriver)?

I don't think you can do that to parts that are in the middle of a stack?