Feedback Requested: 1.0

Maxmaps

Infiniglide was specifically mentioned as being fixed. Well, not fixed but it vanished as it was part of the old (current) aero model.

The memory leak has been mentioned a couple times by devs. Looks like it wasn't a single leak but I'm hopeful they'll get them all.

The rest, I agree with except not knowing 100% for sure these are fixed gets my hype level down from the mid 90s to about the low 90s. What really hurts is the strong implication that there will be no stock dV readout. That knocked my hype down into the low 80s.

What really hurts is the strong implication that there will be no stock dV readout. That knocked my hype down into the low 80s.
Engineer will be better anyway, I'll pretty much guarantee it. The problem with any feature that Squad writes is that it is colored by their "LACK OF INFORMATION IS FUN LOLSOKERBAL" paradigm, so all those fantastic things that Engineer provides you with, like burn time, ASL/VAC TWR, ASL/VAC delta-V, mass of stage, cost of stage, stats on a given planet, et al will be completely missing from the stock implementation.

Not that I don't think it's needed in stock, or that I think I'll be disappointed by the update, but I'll still be installing Engineer (and FAR).

Pre-announcing certain bugs as fixed - can come back to bite you, if other last-minute changes cause the announced fix to break.

"How could you?! Why wasn't that in your list of test cases?" - no pre-announcement, no such complaints ;)

If we're prepared to be disappointed, then we can be pleasantly surprised when we try out 1.0, and don't encounter certain bugs.

Bug fixes are important, but I think more players get more hyped in anticipation of new features.

I'm really careful with radial decouplers, even with Claw's fixes ;)

Sometimes, even the flat green runway next to the bumpy one, isn't long enough to save my bad approaches ;)

Engineer will be better anyway, I'll pretty much guarantee it. The problem with any feature that Squad writes is that it is colored by their "LACK OF INFORMATION IS FUN LOLSOKERBAL" paradigm, so all those fantastic things that Engineer provides you with, like burn time, ASL/VAC TWR, ASL/VAC delta-V, mass of stage, cost of stage, stats on a given planet, et al will be completely missing from the stock implementation.

Not that I don't think it's needed in stock, or that I think I'll be disappointed by the update, but I'll still be installing Engineer (and FAR).

A delta v readout for craft has to be in 1.0. I'm tired of Squad being stupid about this. If you're going to have a dv readout on maneuvers, you have to tell the player how much dv their craft has. You can't have one and not the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is Gas Giant 2?! When we get that you can fix the bugged features.

I'd rather they make the current planets more interesting before considering adding more.

A delta v readout for craft has to be in 1.0. I'm tired of Squad being stupid about this. If you're going to have a dv readout on maneuvers, you have to tell the player how much dv their craft has. You can't have one and not the other.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather they make the current planets more interesting before considering adding more.

Going somewhere you have already been is boring in this game. I've been everywhere, I want exploration, not addition.

You misread what I was saying/I probably included more "fantastic things" than I should have. KSP will most certainly get a delta-V readout of some kind, my argument was simply that there is literally no way, aside from integrating Engineer itself, that Squad will show you all the things that Engineer does because they prefer to starve the player of information for some weird reason. Therefore, even if/when stock gets a delta-V readout, people will likely still be installing Engineer.

Going somewhere you have already been is boring in this game. I've been everywhere, I want exploration, not addition.

So you want them to add one thing you can go to that's new, giving you a single new thing? I'd rather there were reasons to go back to the planets we already have.

Then, add GP2 knowing how to utilize the new system to make it awesome. Far more awesome than "Hey it's just like Jool only this one's yellow."

So you want them to add one thing you can go to that's new, giving you a single new thing? I'd rather there were reasons to go back to the planets we already have.

Then, add GP2 knowing how to utilize the new system to make it awesome. Far more awesome than "Hey it's just like Jool only this one's yellow."

Good point.

I couldn't agree more. Adding incentive to explore planets is in my opinion THE most important gameplay/immersion addition this game needs.

ISRU will add a tiny bit, but we need something far more involving...

HarvesteR wrote that they have "endgame ideas" long ago, but all they have publicly stated for 1.0, and therefore all we are likely to see - is the ability to fail, if funds or rep drop too low. I think they WILL get around to more endgame activities, over time.

NovaSilisko had great ideas for scattered anomalies in the solar system being clues towards ... something. But that would work better with a storyline, where missions would ask you to explore specific areas and perform certain activities. But, that marches toward a specific endgame and story. So far, what we have is a procedural contract system, where players get to decide what "the end" means to them. That's fine in its own way and open-ended, but I don't think the two approaches toward creating content are mutually exclusive.

Edited by basic.syntax

...NovaSilisko had great ideas for scattered anomalies in the solar system being clues towards ... something.

Yeah, a shame it wasn't pursued further. Now that we have asteroids, we could at least have unique asteroids, obviously the magic boulder but also some others that wouldn't be on the map until some conditions were fulfilled or at all. A more diverse surfaces with volcanoes, rivers, caves... etc. would help a lot too. I have no inclination to play KSP anymore as I've built mostly everything my PC allowed me to and since the planet surfaces are the same everywhere (with a few exceptions - a few holes and a canyon) there is no exploration to do either.

Infiniglide was specifically mentioned as being fixed. Well, not fixed but it vanished as it was part of the old (current) aero model.

The memory leak has been mentioned a couple times by devs. Looks like it wasn't a single leak but I'm hopeful they'll get them all.

The rest, I agree with except not knowing 100% for sure these are fixed gets my hype level down from the mid 90s to about the low 90s.

Infiniglide is being fixed with the new aero, but I agree anyway.

Yeah, I know they said they've "fixed" it, but I just mean I want a big list of the big (sometimes long-standing) bugs that they've fixed, to show that they are actually fixing things and to what extent; as major bugs are the one thing a released game shouldn't have.

I hate hate HATE bugs, they are the one thing that makes me rage in game, and it's even worse if they are long-standing bugs that still haven't been fixed by the devs, even when there is a community made bugfix mod that attempts to fix it that has been out for the last 3 versions.

If I was a Game Dev I would be embarrassed that that mod even exists....

Edited by Random Tank

If I was a Game Dev I would be embarrassed that that mod even exists....

If I was a game dev whose game was still in alpha (sorry Squad it is) and people told me to be embarrassed at the bugs, I'd point them at the software-related definition of alpha.

I totally agree with you that none of these bugs should be in 1.0. I do not agree that we need to be told of every single one (though it would be nice). So long as they tell us they're fixing major, long-standing bugs I'm cool with waiting.

But I've got a nice sharp pitchfork for the day 1.0 comes out if they fail.

You misread what I was saying/I probably included more "fantastic things" than I should have. KSP will most certainly get a delta-V readout of some kind, my argument was simply that there is literally no way, aside from integrating Engineer itself, that Squad will show you all the things that Engineer does because they prefer to starve the player of information for some weird reason. Therefore, even if/when stock gets a delta-V readout, people will likely still be installing Engineer.

I was quoting you because I liked your comment. Wasn't disagreeing. Anyway. It's come up recently that delta v may not make it into 1.0. That's what I was commenting on.

I was quoting you because I liked your comment. Wasn't disagreeing. Anyway. It's come up recently that delta v may not make it into 1.0. That's what I was commenting on.
My mistake, then.

Wanna know what would get me the most hyped for 1.0 (as my Hype levels are currently hovering around 0%)? A nice big list saying this:

The Decoupler Bug - FIXED

Crafts sometimes sticking to the launchpad - FIXED

Crafts randomly colliding with a launchpad/runway while travelling in space - FIXED

The Decoupler Bug - FIXED

Pol's Surface actually being a random amount of km's above where it looks like it is - FIXED

Chutes disappearing when you quickload - FIXED

Planes veering wildly off the runway when their Landing Gear is <1 degrees off perpendicular to the ground - FIXED

The Tier 1 runway actually being MORE bumpy than the terrain around it - FIXED

The Decoupler bug - FIXED

Buildings being destroyed when you land a 100t rocket on them at 0.5m/s - FIXED

Kerbals being ejected from the Mk1 Command pod when going on EVA - FIXED

THAT STUPID RAM LEAK - FIXED

The Claw randomly disassembling craft upon vessel unpack - FIXED

The Decoupler bug - FIXED

Kerbals that fall out of a command seat becoming debris - FIXED

Kerbals rag-dolling when they bump their head lightly - FIXED

Being able to Inifiniglide - FIXED

I could go on but I think my point has been made....

agreed! +1

If the update's buggy or unbalanced, it's bound to draw criticism from reviewers and drive away potential newcomers to the game.

Better to get a nice and polished product out there .

I wish more games developers would follow your advice (even big devs put out buggy release versions!?!?!?)

Okay, I haven't played in a good month at least but I wanted to add in on the 1.0 feedback. TBH, I find it a bit troubling that you guys are coming back asking us what things you potentially want to drop from the 1.0 update and save for the 1.1 update instead...

My Reasonable 1.0 Request

Here is what I feel should be mandatory includes for the 1.0 update... you dev's don't know me personally, but I am also an indie developer and highly regarded/experience programmer, and I have spent at least 700 hours on your game by now. Here is what I feel you guys should be releasing with 1.0 in order from highest to least priority:

1) Aerodynamics overhaul - this is the big thing we were promised with this update. The current aerodynamics is bad. Part of this game isn't that it's just a space game but an airplane game as well. I think the aerodynamics need to be more realistic. It would give us a lot more reason to use parts that make rockets more aerodynamic as well. This is something that should be included in the "full post beta release" of the game.

2) Reentry heat - When I very first played KSP, I found it really strange (and dumb) why my ship didn't disintegrate in the atmosphere or anything. Reentry is the most terrifying part of a real life space voyage, yet KSP plays it off casually like it's nothing. I think the game should match. I think we need an official deadly reentry built into the game, that also includes realistic/deadly g-force like the current "deadly reentry mod". I'm not sure why this is even a question at this point to not include.

3) Mining - I heard this was another promised feature to us, maybe I'm wrong. But I would like a mining capability added to the game as an official new feature.

4) Stability fixes - is it too much to ask for stability with lot of mods? I know mods are out of your control officially, BUT... you guys made a VERY mod oriented game, and nothing urks me more than when my high end, water cooled deskop computer with the latest software and hardware crashes because of memory limits of this game. I'm sorry, but the excuse of Unity limiting the games memory is not an excuse anymore. You guys should find workaround for their framework to allow more memory with this game. I'm a programmer and software engineer, and I know when it comes to programming anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

4) Female Kerbals and enhanced EVA suits - I'm sure it's already coming, but I think many of us would be disappointed if these things didn't come with the 1.0 update.

My Personal Wish List

These are things that I personally wish would be added or changed in KSP... probably won't happen but it doesn't hurt to put it out there.

1) More science parts and things to spend science on - at one point when you unlock everything in the tech tree, science almost becomes useless. Can't we get an overhaul here?

2) Less emphasis on career mode, more emphasis on science, exploration, and more rocket parts

2) FIXED DOCKING PORT WOBBLING

3) Saturn - there is one great mod that added a Saturn analog to the game (Sarnus), can we get an official Saturn added to the game, though? How could you skip the coolest planet in our solar system for an explorable KSP world with one of the most interesting moons (Titan)?!

4) 5M parts - KW Rocketry is a great parts pack, sometimes I feel it should be officially included in the game. It contains 5M parts, cone-shaped fuel tanks, and more RCS blocks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.