[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

Okay, I've finally gotten around to a theory. Sorry for taking so long; my life got extremely crazy and I haven't had much free time.

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
at ActiveTextureManagement.TextureConverter.TGAToTexture (ActiveTextureManagement.TexInfo Texture, Boolean mipmaps) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ActiveTextureManagement.TextureConverter.GetReadable (ActiveTextureManagement.TexInfo Texture, Boolean mipmaps) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ActiveTextureManagement.CacheController.RebuildCache (ActiveTextureManagement.TexInfo Texture, Boolean compress, Boolean mipmaps, System.String hashString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ActiveTextureManagement.CacheController.FetchCacheTexture (ActiveTextureManagement.TexInfo Texture, Boolean compress, Boolean mipmaps) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ActiveTextureManagement.DatabaseLoaderTexture_ATM.UpdateTexture (ActiveTextureManagement.TexInfo texture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ActiveTextureManagement.DatabaseLoaderTexture_ATM+<Load>d__4.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
:MoveNext()

I'm suspecting this is related to your problem; it's consistent with ATM's occasionally slightly breaking stuff. If this were the case, my limited knowledge of ATM tells me that you'd probably run into crashes when loading a particular texture (keep in mind that "texture" can mean anything from a skin to an ore distribution). If you manage to figure out what texture it is, I think you can force ATM to keep the original tga(?) loaded.

If the problem isn't that, I've absolutely no clue.

(Also holy **** that's a ton of mods. As in I deliberately stopped installing my mods at about half of what you have because KSP was taking so long to start up.)

Thanks for the analysis. For the time being I went ahead and deleted about 50% of what I was using, making stuff usable for now, but I will go back and test a few things around to see what I can do

Think this would go away if I avoid ATM completely?

(also yea... I really have a problem with mods... what can I say, I like so many of them! even deleting the ones I did was painful... and every few days I go "ooh shiny!" and add a new one back in)

(also yea... I really have a problem with mods... what can I say, I like so many of them! even deleting the ones I did was painful... and every few days I go "ooh shiny!" and add a new one back in)

This is my main problem too, KSP takes nearly 5 mins to load, and I'm currently waiting for SSTU Labs to be released!

if I may, water surfaces are always fun to play around with, but we already have 2 mostly oceanic planets (laythe and Kerbin)

If anything, small/large lakes that are harder to reach and/or more interesting (specific resources, interesting terrain features) are far more appealing than all-out oceans

Ash already has, that's why they appear around Sonnah! The also spawn at Jool to.
No, the code is for asteroids to spawn near where Kerbin is, around Kerbin's reference body and for asteroids to spawn around Dres after you visit it.

However, Dres has too small of an SOI as a moon of Jool so they just spawn around Jool.

Think this would go away if I avoid ATM completely?

If my analysis is correct (which it very well may not be), it should go away.

And I also have the same problem with mods, just not nearly as badly as you it would appear. Can I recommend NovaPunch? It adds a rather interesting and unique variety of engines, its own command pods, a good number of structural parts, and utility parts like inline chutes and parachute-loaded nosecones. The aesthetics aren't stockalike, but they mesh decently if you're careful enough about it. It actually has almost enough variety to serve as a replacement for stock (though not quite enough).

Edited by Whovian

Ok, so I've been bellyaching about Lave for at least two days; and it's probably unfair, because it's actually beautifully textured and colourful.

casEiPc.jpg

But I tell you what, it's also clanging my OCD and I finally worked out why; it's a freezing cold planet beyond the orbit of Sonnah, and it has an atmosphere, and it doesn't have ice caps. It looks warm and cozy. Yes, that's how nitpicky my brain is and I apologise for foisting it on y'all :blush:

So to repent for moaning about the purple space potato (it even has delicious cheese on the bottom...), I picked up photoshop and gave it a dusting of snow at both ends - although I am a terrible texture artist and I'm sure Ash could do it 10x better in less than the three gruelling hours that it took me xD

...and then I got ambitious and set about illustrating what I meant yesterday about making Eli a bit more dominating to give this system something to set it apart from Laythe and Derso, which are a pretty close analogue, but hotter. And pumped up the mountains because mountains, Gandalf! Turned out there were still loads of spots flat enough to land on.

W6y40oX.jpg

I never did manage to make oceans though... I had to settle for painting the crater bases a bit paler to suggest ice and frost at the bottom. But yeah, that above is a bit of what I've been waffling on about ^^;

And it is of course completely fine to not care! :) Planetary appearance is totally a matter of taste, and frankly I was just curious to see some of how its done. I've actually gained a new found respect for texture artists because that shiz is hard work! (On the other hand, if you like it Ash, I'll happily turn over the configs and photoshop files so you can examine them.)

Edited by eddiew

Greetings Distant Object Enhancement Users!

If you updated to a version of DOE more recent than 1.5.5 you may have noticed that your large fuzzy flares (with the exception of Moh, 1 body) were no longer making an appearance. I tracked down the issue and the flares were never meant to be large and fuzzy (New Horizons isn't setup like your standard system)! In my image below you can see Arin which is very close to the sun had a small flare and that the further from the Sun you got, the larger the flares became- well that isn't right! This has been fixed in version 1.6.1 (thanks MOARdV!) and all of the bodies in New Horizons now have flare sizes that scale as intended. The image below depicts the changes and the final row at the bottom are my somewhat more subtle preferences.

Zww5Q9M.jpg

Edited by Tynrael

Greetings Distant Object Enhancement Users!

If you updated to a version of DOE more recent than 1.5.5 you may have noticed that your large fuzzy flares (with the exception of Moh, 1 body) were no longer making an appearance. I tracked down the issue and the flares were never meant to be large and fuzzy (New Horizons isn't setup like your standard system)! In my image below you can see Arin which is very close to the sun had a small flare and that the further from the Sun you got, the larger the flares became- well that isn't right! This has been fixed in version 1.6.1 (thanks MOARdV!) and all of the bodies in New Horizons now have flare sizes that scale as intended. The image below depicts the changes and the final row at the bottom are my somewhat more subtle preferences.

http://i.imgur.com/Zww5Q9M.jpg

I was wondering why Moh and occasionally Arin were the only planets visible for me, but I was too last to work out what the cause was, thank you!

Also, Eddiew, that looks really good!

New Lave looks good. It comes across as an art pass rather than a redesign, which is something I like.

Also makes it look slightly less like it was separated at birth from Boris. Though I still plan on making them a double planet in my own install.

I like the ideas for the new Lave, eddiew! I'll crack onto it straight away as it's something that makes sense. Send me that ring texture and I'll get onto the main texture for Lave and give it a frosty covering :wink:

@Tynrael very nice work dude, always wondered why my doe didn't work properly :D

Glad you like it chaps :)

Ash, I've sent you a PM with a download for the scripts and texture changes. And if you like Eli's new position, I recommend not orbiting Lave above ~800km, lest you suddenly become part of the ring system xD

By the way, really loving this all, can't overstate how much I like the new approach to KSP this presents (and played with research bodies, it's even better, considering I actually don't know anything about the new planets at all!)

Also, I'm having a real hard time getting to Aptur from Kerbin. Is there a trick to it? I cannot for the life of me figure out anything even remotely decent. Thanks!

By the way, really loving this all, can't overstate how much I like the new approach to KSP this presents (and played with research bodies, it's even better, considering I actually don't know anything about the new planets at all!)

Also, I'm having a real hard time getting to Aptur from Kerbin. Is there a trick to it? I cannot for the life of me figure out anything even remotely decent. Thanks!

It's probably one of those "treat it like a rendezvous" transfers. In this case, I'd probably recommend shooting out into an elliptical orbit of Sonnah to change your orbital period and waiting for either an encouter or a near-encounter. You might want to temporarily raise your orbit above Kerbin and Aptur's to prevent Kerbin assists from throwing you off.

Note: I'm guessing from my knowledge of fancy orbital maneuvers; I haven't been to Aptur yet.

My usual route to Aptur depends on very specific timing and costs about 14-1600m/s once you've circularised. I don't know if it's the most fuel efficient, but it is a transfer that you can see coming, once you're used to the planetary alignment you need :)

Can also be done at the equivalent point on the other side of Sonnah, but for some reason I find it easier when Aptur is on the outside.

91sAzDu.jpg

The good news is that getting back from Aptur orbit takes pittance! Pretty sure I've hit Kerbin's atmo with less than 100m/s out of Aptur.

Wth 1400-1600?! I am using transfer window planner and it gives me a transfer which is basically just Kerbin escape + a few m/s + 60 m/s (or so) for capture -> about 800 in total...

On the other hand what you wrote about the return is totally true, you hit the atmosphere very easily, but you need quite a bit more for a nice orbit (I always come back to refuel and exchance experiments)

I'm too lazy to do anything fancy to get to Aptur, I just escape Kerbin's SOI and then about 2/3 of an orbit around Sonnah tweak a maneuver radially to rotate to an encounter. Kerbin and Aptur are so close it doesn't take much fuel, but catching the encounter on the way back around Sonnah may take longer than you may like. TWP gives me values and of the 5-6 times I've tried to use them I was successful getting to Aptur that way once.

Anyone figured out the randomly leaving Mun orbit bug? Just had to turn on infinite fuel temporarily because it launched a manned pod out of sonnah at 3500m/s. Took almost 3k deltav to return.. :(

Maybe the new Kopernicus version?

Anyone figured out the randomly leaving Mun orbit bug? Just had to turn on infinite fuel temporarily because it launched a manned pod out of sonnah at 3500m/s. Took almost 3k deltav to return.. :(

From the look of it, they changed how the flightglobals are loaded, I think that they might need to be specified in the .cfg files again...

Wth 1400-1600?! I am using transfer window planner and it gives me a transfer which is basically just Kerbin escape + a few m/s + 60 m/s (or so) for capture -> about 800 in total...

On the other hand what you wrote about the return is totally true, you hit the atmosphere very easily, but you need quite a bit more for a nice orbit (I always come back to refuel and exchance experiments)

Pics or shens then - I shared my course :)

they released a hotfix