[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

No the update fixes atmospheres on the custom worlds and makes it so that you don't explode instantly at high speeds, you can finally aerobrake on the planets now.

I'll try and get a fix for the resources uploaded soon as I can, turns out it was erroring when there are multiple biomes on the same world for the same resource.

I'll also tweak the descriptions for you, the oxygen worlds are Sonnah, Serran and Titanus.

All good stuff, thank you :)

The error sounds like something Squad should have anticipated might happen among the modding community... I'm sure there were better options than making the part vanish!

...I just worked out why Titanus has been making me giggle for the past three days xD I... I don't know if that's the best name to stick with, long term ^^;

Blue star really looks nice,

Do you have any plans to add multiple star systems, if you do you can use other stars on those. I would very much like that since end game modded(high dV) ksp need some new frontiers

Hard to beat the view a blue star gives, as seen from the top of Skelton's volcano Olympus. Hoping for a blue star!

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad343/Larry_M/screenshot35_1.png

Awesome!

All good stuff, thank you :)

The error sounds like something Squad should have anticipated might happen among the modding community... I'm sure there were better options than making the part vanish!

...I just worked out why Titanus has been making me giggle for the past three days xD I... I don't know if that's the best name to stick with, long term ^^;

It actually bugs out the part completely, seems it's set to 'moving' as soon as the craft loads up as if it's deploying. Stops orbital surveys completely most of the time too!

oh, and I still giggle from time to time :wink:

Blue star really looks nice,

Do you have any plans to add multiple star systems, if you do you can use other stars on those. I would very much like that since end game modded(high dV) ksp need some new frontiers

I have secret projects, New Horizons will probably only have 1 star, but there's something special coming one day.... :wink:

Is there anyway to guesstimate or even know the dVs you need for this adventure. I really love it, but I end up building huuuuuuge rockets and end up with huge amounts of dV left. Last mission I even managed to make a powered landing back on Kerbin :confused:

haha it's deceptive! It's not that hard to make it around, I had to make sure it was playable! I wish i both had the time and knew how to make a delta-v map for the mod, would make things a lot better...but I don't really have numbers for the delta-v requirements. Transfer window planner, or mechjeb might be able to help making the calculations for you.

Playability is great,yes :)

I am fairly new when it comes to interplanetery travel, as I am feared having my beloved Kerbals stuck in a strange orbit in the next solar system.

MechJeb seems rather confused and Transfer window planner left me utterly confused :D. But those are problems on my end.

Keep up the great work!

Transfer Window Planner is generally very good; just set your target and destination, and you can see the delta-v requirements for escape and insertion burns :)

Turning that information into a manoeuvre node is something else however :P I have a habit of using MechJeb to create interplanetary nodes for me, since it's just too much faffing around trying to make sense of the various angles given by TWP.

Yeah that's why I couldn't get my head around it.

I used MechJeb for the very first interplanetary mission too, but I don't want to rely on it and as I said it is really confused with New Horizon as it wants to launch my rocket straight back to hard ground of kerbin, rather than sending it far far away.

What I think is quite handy is Protractor, as it is pretty easy and simple to set up.

Just downloading the new update real quick! Woohoo :)

Edited by Snafu225

Yeah I have to admit, I've never actually used mechjeb before. I've always played with KER and TWP. For me finding the right maneuvers myself feels more rewarding g personally. Protracter is pretty useful though so I recommend experimenting and finding what works for you.

Just a small suggestion: What about the idea to keep one moon around Kerbin? Especially for players that are not that pro (like me) it was a big turn off for me that you have to rely on interplanetary travel to get to another planet/moon. That's why I used Kerbol+ for long time before going a step further.

Problem with the stock system was/is that you can farm the Mun and Minmus for science, as it was already mentioned earlier.

That's why I think just a small moon back at Kerbin would be a good idea, as the learning curve wouldn't be that steep. But this moon should be heavily toned down in comparsion to the Mun and Minmus, when it comes down to science yield.

Maybe it's possible to offer such a variation as optional config.

Yeah I have to admit, I've never actually used mechjeb before. I've always played with KER and TWP. For me finding the right maneuvers myself feels more rewarding g personally. Protracter is pretty useful though so I recommend experimenting and finding what works for you.

I know

and yet, I started with mechjeb and use the execute maneuvernode function quite extensively.

in other words: mechjeb turns the engines off after a multi-hour burn. ;-)

and it tells a lot about your spacecraft, that is quite useful.

Just a small suggestion: What about the idea to keep one moon around Kerbin? Especially for players that are not that pro (like me) it was a big turn off for me that you have to rely on interplanetary travel to get to another planet/moon. That's why I used Kerbol+ for long time before going a step further.

Problem with the stock system was/is that you can farm the Mun and Minmus for science, as it was already mentioned earlier.

That's why I think just a small moon back at Kerbin would be a good idea, as the learning curve wouldn't be that steep. But this moon should be heavily toned down in comparsion to the Mun and Minmus, when it comes down to science yield.

Maybe it's possible to offer such a variation as optional config.

I have been suggested this before, unfortunately it's really not that feasible, I could provide a mm patch to move aptur to kerbins soi, but with the layout of such a system is pretty unrealistic for my taste.

I created aptur to be this small jump point for early game, as it actually takea less effort to burn to, land l and return than the stock system.

If you think I should provide this mm patch to move aptur into kerbins soi let me know. The next update will be a while, but my focus for it is all about customisation for the players.

I don't think it's up to me to decide that^^

How much work is it to write such an mm patch or how complicated is it?

I was modding other games and modified a lot of cfg and stuff, but never actually modded ksp other than drag and drop and adjusting some minor things.

However I really would like to help, as this what you created is fantastic!

Loving this mod since the new update, seems to be working perfectly. Gets a bit choppy here and there but that's probably just my poor PC melting I use a ton of other mods.

Soaring high over the skies of Titanus, even air braked into the atmosphere.

5C24B4BB9AFDE548248FDFBB0E9CC0031FF6305A

I don't think it's up to me to decide that^^

How much work is it to write such an mm patch or how complicated is it?

I was modding other games and modified a lot of cfg and stuff, but never actually modded ksp other than drag and drop and adjusting some minor things.

However I really would like to help, as this what you created is fantastic!

well any help you want to offer is very much appreciated mate, just let me know. MM patches are pretty easy to write, I have a tonne of them sitting pretty for the next major release that'll give players a chance to customize the mod, like changing stars, compatability, etc.

Is there any way to put a structure on one of your planets like was done with the LV233 planet? A derelict ship would be incredibly cool!

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad343/Larry_M/Prometheus.jpg

that is pretty awesome! I don't think custom scatter is implemented into kopernicus yet...BUT i do know it's planned! things like that will happen once it's possible :wink:

Loving this mod since the new update, seems to be working perfectly. Gets a bit choppy here and there but that's probably just my poor PC melting I use a ton of other mods.

Awesome, glad to hear it! any issues just let me know dude!

VY Canis Majoris should be the new star. >;)

now THAT would be amazing! :D

I am playing career.It is on very early stage and I see weird minmus contracts which still think its still close to kerbin. I can barely reach Sonnah and they want me to go eelo. I am not using the last version but I did not see any specific fix for contracts in changelogs?

Hmmm I'll have to have a look at it for you, I haven't noticed anything myself or had any other reports about it so I didn't think there were any errors.

The only contract problem I've been told of is when custom contracts dint give you enough time....leave it with me

I am playing career.It is on very early stage and I see weird minmus contracts which still think its still close to kerbin. I can barely reach Sonnah and they want me to go eelo. I am not using the last version but I did not see any specific fix for contracts in changelogs?

Did you start a new game? Or did you add New Horizons to an existing one?

I added it to my existing carreer while I had a lander orbiting Minmus and that's why I recieved the contract to explore Minmus and being an utter fool I accepted... here comes the challenge :D

well any help you want to offer is very much appreciated mate, just let me know. MM patches are pretty easy to write, I have a tonne of them sitting pretty for the next major release that'll give players a chance to customize the mod, like changing stars, compatability, etc.

Okay, let's see what I can do, but first I have to read a lot, what's going on, why and how :D

VY Canis Majoris should be the new star. >;)

That, well that would be really awesome. The look of such an "sunrise" would be beautiful!

Enjoying this mod so far in my career mode playthrough, but I launched my first ever mission to Serran today and I was disappointed that the texture resolution was so awful. On the surface the ground was divided into yellow and blue pixels ~500 meters in diameter. It was impossible to ignore..

I really hope the other New Horizons planets don't look so bad..

- - - Updated - - -

edit: oh, and by the way DO NOT INSTALL THE KSPRC THING it creates a bug where you cannot click on any of the space center buildings, probably because it hasn't updated to 1.0 yet. Are there any alternatives? I'd like there to be clouds :(

Enjoying this mod so far in my career mode playthrough, but I launched my first ever mission to Serran today and I was disappointed that the texture resolution was so awful. On the surface the ground was divided into yellow and blue pixels ~500 meters in diameter. It was impossible to ignore..

I really hope the other New Horizons planets don't look so bad..

- - - Updated - - -

edit: oh, and by the way DO NOT INSTALL THE KSPRC THING it creates a bug where you cannot click on any of the space center buildings, probably because it hasn't updated to 1.0 yet. Are there any alternatives? I'd like there to be clouds :(

You know to be honest I've never landed in the borderlands of serran's "face" I'll look at increasing the resolution of the colormap used to generate surface texture, Sry.

As for the ksprc link, ksprc is outdated yes but if you update the dependancies it uses it still works. my patch hasn't been updated for a while though so there might be planets missing.

Is there a way to increase the height at which the ground textures are loaded?

If I understand it right so far, there's a lower res texture used as long as you're in high space around it, right? And then there's a high res one used as soon as you get fairly close to it.