[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

Kethane? Do you mean karbonite? I've included files for resource support in the download, however most resources are randomly generated by CRP itself so the only additional files I needed to include was kaborundum and oxygen. If you install the resources folder I included it's all in there :wink:

Given the fact that Karbonite doesn't conflict with Kethane in any way it's already a big plus.

Your mod beats by far any other planet mod out there, imo. However I'm too attached to Kethane to play without it.

Unless more people want it, don't beat yourself too much for 1 guy's request though :P

Well to be honest I would like to update the kopernicus version anyway so getting a kethane patch done should be good to drop into the update. I'll drop it into the next one and let you know when it's ready, shouldn't take long...

Thank u OpenGL and having an AMD video card It's crazy I freed up like 500 mg and no frame rate lost. Good to know this can run with lots of mods, cause as soon as my career mode is finished I'm gonna get it a whirl and blow everything I thought I knew about the Kerbin system out of my brain :D

Anybody have a screenshot of Kerbin's gas giant parent world on the horizon??

Well to be honest I would like to update the kopernicus version anyway so getting a kethane patch done should be good to drop into the update. I'll drop it into the next one and let you know when it's ready, shouldn't take long...

Sounds good. If you manage to go forward with kethane implementation, I'll test it out.

Thank u OpenGL and having an AMD video card It's crazy I freed up like 500 mg and no frame rate lost. Good to know this can run with lots of mods, cause as soon as my career mode is finished I'm gonna get it a whirl and blow everything I thought I knew about the Kerbin system out of my brain :D

Anybody have a screenshot of Kerbin's gas giant parent world on the horizon??

good to hear dude, and as far as scrrenshots go heres one of Sonnah and Mun on the horizon. (here's a bonus pic of Titanus from Ete)

How do you make planets in this new version of Kopernicus? Also, how do you make biome maps?

Trial and lots of error. TBH theres no tutorial, i suggest looking at established packs and learning for yourself :wink:

Sounds good. If you manage to go forward with kethane implementation, I'll test it out.

Well i had a quick look and Kethane randomly generates resources on custom worlds itself. So no patches needed! PROOF

Hi. I have made a Wikia for the mod at this url:http://new-horizons-mod-for-ksp.wikia.com/wiki/New_Horizons_Mod_for_KSP_Wikia

I hope that this will be linked in the thread, although it is still a work in progress.

Just heading to bed now, but I'll put it in the OP and my sig when i wake up. I'll also fill out a load more info for you :wink: cheers!

Hello!

Thanks for this wonderful mod. I have some suggestions for you to make it more realistic. Firstly, bigger moons of gas giants really shouldn't be on orbits with eccentricity bigger than 0,05 (I am talking to you, Dres :D ) and they should be tidally locked. Also, Moho seems to orbit Moh at very, very low altitude. I am not sure, but it could even orbit inside Moh's roche limit (place where tidal forces tears bigger satellites apart). So again, thanks for the wonderful mod! I just started career mode in this new solar system. Looking forward to new updates!

Hello!

Thanks for this wonderful mod. I have some suggestions for you to make it more realistic. Firstly, bigger moons of gas giants really shouldn't be on orbits with eccentricity bigger than 0,05 (I am talking to you, Dres :D ) and they should be tidally locked. Also, Moho seems to orbit Moh at very, very low altitude. I am not sure, but it could even orbit inside Moh's roche limit (place where tidal forces tears bigger satellites apart). So again, thanks for the wonderful mod! I just started career mode in this new solar system. Looking forward to new updates!

Moho has to be that close Moh - I know its close the roche limit - because the hill sphere (area where a moon can be in a stable orbit of a planet) is TINY that close the sun.

I agree most of the closer moons should be tidally locked, but locking the further-away moons would make gameplay boring, as KSP only supports 1:1 tidal locks.

Man, just spent a horrible couple hours trying to do a part recovery mission from the surface of Aptur.

Everything went fine until I got within a about a km of the part, then I noticed it was floating about 100m in the air. When I got within a couple hundred meters it 'reset' itself and jumped down to the surface.....on a hill....in the dark. (I know, my fault for not bringing lights). Then every time I got close to the part it would then sink through the world and glitch out. Reloading the game and trying to go to the space center and back would sometimes halt its fall through the world, but by then it was stuck sort of halfway into the ground. After like 50 tries I finally got a lander with a grapple to attach to it, and tried to take off into orbit. Only to have my ship explode. Apparently since the part was halfway sunk into the ground it collided with the surface when I tried to pull it out. BLARGH!

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I keep getting missions to recover ore from Sonnah also.

Edited by Greg310

Sry guys, been busy with IRL stuff that kept me away from my PC, and didn't feel like trying to type this out on my phone....

Hello!

Cheers man, keep feeding me these suggestions, tidally locking inner moons is something thats been on my to-do list since 1.1 :wink: and as for Moho i think the post under you sums it up best...

Moho has to be that close Moh - I know its close the roche limit - because the hill sphere (area where a moon can be in a stable orbit of a planet) is TINY that close the sun.

I agree most of the closer moons should be tidally locked, but locking the further-away moons would make gameplay boring, as KSP only supports 1:1 tidal locks.

That's pretty much the thinking, i may still need to tweak it's position so it's a bit more reasonable, but yeah a moon so close to the sun would have trouble staying in orbit much further out....

Man, just spent a horrible couple hours trying to do a part recovery mission from the surface of Aptur.

Everything went fine until I got within a about a km of the part, then I noticed it was floating about 100m in the air. When I got within a couple hundred meters it 'reset' itself and jumped down to the surface.....on a hill....in the dark. (I know, my fault for not bringing lights). Then every time I got close to the part it would then sink through the world and glitch out. Reloading the game and trying to go to the space center and back would sometimes halt its fall through the world, but by then it was stuck sort of halfway into the ground. After like 50 tries I finally got a lander with a grapple to attach to it, and tried to take off into orbit. Only to have my ship explode. Apparently since the part was halfway sunk into the ground it collided with the surface when I tried to pull it out. BLARGH!

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I keep getting missions to recover ore from Sonnah also.

I've never seen contracts for ore on Sonnah I'll have a look if theres a way i can blacklist planets...

As for the ground clipping bug: Is it only from spawned parts in a contract? or do normal ships sink into the ground too? I don't know if theres much I can do about it, but I'll have a look when i have time :wink:

Here is a list of all the bugs and mis-information I have found. I will update this as I find more.

http://new-horizons-mod-for-ksp.wikia.com/wiki/Bugs_and_stuff

HAHAhaha i didn't know i mislabelled my file as 1.6...truth is that i was going to publish 1.6 when 0.0.7 dropped, but removed some (not so secret) features from it so i can polish things a little better.

I changed the OP to include all bodies, not the 17 i originally wrote, however i only added 19 new bodies, not 24 :confused:

and I'll fix the Serran text next update!

Edited by KillAshley

Suggestion

You should consider adding small moons for planet with rings. In our solar system planet rings have "shepherd" satellites which orbit near the inner or outer edges of rings or within gaps in the rings.

I am also waiting for the other stuff you are working on.